Photo

Route Reputation

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

jxafeixx

jxafeixx

hi

• 50 posts

How do I get my route reputation up? I have a profitable 3-star IFS, and all my plane types have a daily utilization of under 15 hours (14.33 for A300, 13.58 for A320, 12.11 for BAe-146-200, 13.19 for MD-81). It's only at 38%

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Factors that affect route reputation:

-Aircraft legroom

-Weekly frequency

-Timeliness

this is affected by:

-aircraft utilisation

-employee morale

-IFS

-IFE

Jarkii

Jarkii

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

jxafeixx

jxafeixx

hi

• 50 posts

Factors that affect route reputation:

-Aircraft legroom

-Weekly frequency

-Timeliness

this is affected by:

-aircraft utilisation

-employee morale

-IFS

-IFE

Yeah, I think the legroom is fine, 28C/280Y on the A300, 14C/140Y on the A320 and MD-81, 7C/70Y on the BAe. The Employee Morale is good (88%), IFS is 3-star, and I don't have an IFE. Why does frequency matter though? If I were judging an airline I wouldn't be judging it on how many times a week it flies a certain route. 

Esir

Esir

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

AE ignores scheduling beyond indicating that flights run x times per week but realistically more frequencies on different days and/or at different times of day mean the airline is more able to accommodate each individual passenger's schedule as well as, for hub operations, potentially offer more connecting opportunities and shorter connection times t the hub airport. There's a reason why, in the real world particularly on short routes (more likely to have demand for frequencies at specific times of day and less likely for their to be limited windows during the way to depart and arrive at reasonable times in the origin and destination time zone) and business-focused ones (the average passenger is more likely to be time-sensitive) airlines often tend to prefer higher frequency flights on smaller aircraft as opposed to using larger aircraft (which is why most flights within North America or within Europe for instance, with the exception of very dense routes such as hub-to-hub flights, longer dense routes where there's more demand for a premium product like US east coast to LAX or SFO, or routes where there's significant cargo demand that warrants aircraft with more capacity below deck – AFAIK this is the main reason Finnair runs their widebody aircraft on some intra-Europe sectors – are on narrowbody aircraft).

Worth noting also however that AE doesn't take into account demand or sector length at all when determining frequency reputation, it's just a flat rate regardless of the length of route or how much demand there is, so it doesn't do a very good job of simulating this even though it tries to.

jxafeixx

jxafeixx

hi

• 50 posts

AE ignores scheduling beyond indicating that flights run x times per week but realistically more frequencies on different days and/or at different times of day mean the airline is more able to accommodate each individual passenger's schedule as well as, for hub operations, potentially offer more connecting opportunities and shorter connection times t the hub airport. There's a reason why, in the real world particularly on short routes (more likely to have demand for frequencies at specific times of day and less likely for their to be limited windows during the way to depart and arrive at reasonable times in the origin and destination time zone) and business-focused ones (the average passenger is more likely to be time-sensitive) airlines often tend to prefer higher frequency flights on smaller aircraft as opposed to using larger aircraft (which is why most flights within North America or within Europe for instance, with the exception of very dense routes such as hub-to-hub flights, longer dense routes where there's more demand for a premium product like US east coast to LAX or SFO, or routes where there's significant cargo demand that warrants aircraft with more capacity below deck – AFAIK this is the main reason Finnair runs their widebody aircraft on some intra-Europe sectors – are on narrowbody aircraft).

Worth noting also however that AE doesn't take into account demand or sector length at all when determining frequency reputation, it's just a flat rate regardless of the length of route or how much demand there is, so it doesn't do a very good job of simulating this even though it tries to.

Thanks for the explanation, I still think my airline is pretty realistic in that area, since I usually keep the BAes for short-haul regional flights, the A320s and MD-81s for medium-haul, and the A300s for long haul flights. I still don't get why my reputation is only 39% though

Esir

Esir

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

Frequency reputation is very finicky – it peaks at 26 or 27 weekly flights, then goes down for each additional frequency up to 54 to 57 weekly flights, then goes up again and maxes out at 76 or more weekly flights. I'm not sure how heavily weighted it is but the amount of time you've operated the route for (which can also be boosted by spending on marketing as far as I understand) is a factor in route reputation too.

jxafeixx

jxafeixx

hi

• 50 posts

Frequency reputation is very finicky – it peaks at 26 or 27 weekly flights, then goes down for each additional frequency up to 54 to 57 weekly flights, then goes up again and maxes out at 76 or more weekly flights. I'm not sure how heavily weighted it is but the amount of time you've operated the route for (which can also be boosted by spending on marketing as far as I understand) is a factor in route reputation too.

Oh, so marketing boosts your route reputation as well? Which ones are profitable?

Esir

Esir

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

As far as I've been able to tell there isn't actually a real tradeoff wih different types of marketing, the "most expensive" formats like TV I believe are just more effective for each dollar spent.

jxafeixx

jxafeixx

hi

• 50 posts

As far as I've been able to tell there isn't actually a real tradeoff wih different types of marketing, the "most expensive" formats like TV I believe are just more effective for each dollar spent.

So marketing boosts your route reputation? Is it worth it though?

Esir

Esir

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

It doesn't boost your route reputation exactly, what it does do as far as I know is (I would assume just as a function of increasing your overall reputation) makes it so that the "time flown" component of your route reputation fills out quicker; with a high enough overall reputation it will be maxed out as soon as you start flying a route. Whether or not it's worth it... I don't know? It depends on what you care about for your airline I guess. Marketing can definitely provide a huge boost to reputation so if you're interested in increasing that rather than your ranking (which AFAIK is based solely on valuation) it's probably worthwhile.

Thatflyerguy

Thatflyerguy

AE Addict

• 201 posts

User's Awards

So marketing boosts your route reputation? Is it worth it though?

yes, but indirectly, and i do not believe it is worth it unless you are grinding for max reputation

msg-284924-0-43010000-1638583211.gif

jxafeixx

jxafeixx

hi

• 50 posts

So if marketing isn't that useful, and a three-star IFS doesn't work, is there any profitable 4-star IFS? I created one with a max profit of $54 and costs of $1166

Jarkii

Jarkii

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

If you're talking about the route reputation in the overall repuations tab, then IDK. I recently won R0 reputation at 100%, but my route reputatiuon was stuck at 45 depsite having 70%+ individual reputation on most my routes. If you're going for reputation, just focus on all the other things and use marketing at the end of the world time to get to 100%

TarquinShrapnel-Carruthers

Itinerant project manager

• 132 posts

User's Awards

3    3    3    3   

If I were judging an airline I wouldn't be judging it on how many times a week it flies a certain route. 

As a frequent flyer IRL I would, although more so for SH than LH. For example, AMS-SIN once a day is fine but AMS-LGW is not. AE treats all routes, whatever the length, equally.

• 132 posts

User's Awards

3    3    3    3   

The apparent fall-off of reputation between 27ish and 56ish is certainly counterintuitive but I am not sure whether it is a display issue or has a real effect. I tend to the latter but am not convinced.

Time on route seems important.

Marketing is good but only needed to be used late on.

• 132 posts

User's Awards

3    3    3    3   

If you're talking about the route reputation in the overall repuations tab, then IDK. I recently won R0 reputation at 100%, but my route reputatiuon was stuck at 45 depsite having 70%+ individual reputation on most my routes. If you're going for reputation, just focus on all the other things and use marketing at the end of the world time to get to 100%

I got a gold trophy in the same iteration of R0 with 100% reputation* thanks to late stage use of marketing.

*I think there were four of us.

Esir

Esir

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

The apparent fall-off of reputation between 27ish and 56ish is certainly counterintuitive but I am not sure whether it is a display issue or has a real effect. I tend to the latter but am not convinced.

Time on route seems important.

Marketing is good but only needed to be used late on.

It does at least visually impact overall reputation; I tested it just now to verify since I thought I'd seen it do so in the past and route with six daily (42x weekly) flights and an overall reputation of 80/74/70 in F/J/Y went down to 78/72/68 with an additional seven weekly frequencies added.

• 132 posts

User's Awards

3    3    3    3   

It does at least visually impact overall reputation; I tested it just now to verify since I thought I'd seen it do so in the past and route with six daily (42x weekly) flights and an overall reputation of 80/74/70 in F/J/Y went down to 78/72/68 with an additional seven weekly frequencies added.

Thanks for checking that out.

I found an old post that I had made on the subject: http://www.airline-e...ion#entry290014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users