Boeing 777-236ER

ok

• 169 posts

yal_application_77w.png
haneda_t1.gif
yal_boarding_pass_m.png
yamato_website_gif.gif?width=2190&height

Have you run any profitable airlines in the game portion of AE?:
Many, currently running YAL in S3-C ($90M DOP)

Airline Nation of Origin:
Japan

Airline Description:
HQ - Tokyo Haneda (RJTT)
Hubs - HND, NRT, NGO, KIX, ITM, FUK, OKA, CTS
Founding Date - February 6, 1952

Lore - Yamato Air Lines was founded in 1952 under the direction of the new Japanese government, soon after the ending of the American occupation, as a reliable air service was needed. The following year, the airline flew its first Transpacific route, Tokyo to San Francisco via Honolulu, using Lockheed Super Constellations. As the world entered the 1960s YAL went under fleet transformation, from piston-powered DC-6s to new jet aircraft such as the Douglas DC-8 and the Boeing 707. The following decade, the 747, 727, DC-10 and early 737 joined the fleet. The airline was completely privatised in 1984. YAL inaugurated the 747-400D on busy domestic routes in 1988. In 1995, following Japan's economic downturn, the airline began posting losses and in 2002, following yet more financial troubles after the September 11 attacks in the United States, agreed to merge with another struggling major carrier Hojo Airways. In the years following, profits returned and YAL posted record profits in fiscal 2019. The COVID-19 pandemic severely affected the airline, and in early 2021 the government of Suga Yoshihide mulled merging YAL with other flag carrier Japan National Airlines, however these plans were abandoned in October of that year by the government of new Prime Minister Kishida Fumio. Today, the airline is on the way up once again, despite major disruption to its European routes due to the invasion of Ukraine and Japanese airlines being banned from Russian airspace. YAL carried 28.9 million passengers in fiscal 2019, and numbers are expected to fully recover to these levels in late fiscal 2023.

Design Elements - 

Name - "Yamato" is an ancient name for Japan, derived from the older name Wa, which was given to Japan in Chinese historical texts. This meant "dwarf", "pygmy", or "short" This was frequently used in Chinese, Korean and Japanese texts up until the 8th century when the Japanese replaced it, due to its offensive nature, with "和" meaning harmony, peace and balance. This name was adopted in Japan to refer to the country itself, later combined with the character "大" meaning great - which gives us Yamato "大和" "The Great Peace"  Although some negative connotations may be brought surrounding the IJN battleship of the same name, I chose to use this name for my entry as mentioned before it is an ancient name for the country, similar to Cathay being an ancient name for China.

Red-crowned crane - A stylized version of the Japanese red-crowned crane is seen on the tail. YAL has used this bird for branding since its founding. In East Asian cultures, they represent longevity, purity, strength and loyalty. I chose to use the red-crowned crane as it is a solid cultural identifier for Japan and it gives the feeling of reliability for a major national carrier.

When did you first join Airline Empires:
This account (and joining the gallery) - December 9 2017
In-game - sometime in 2015 with an old Steam-linked account 

Do you have any current or former experience with Airline Empires alliances? Please list any alliances you are or have been a part of:
N/A

What makes you interested in joining the Atlas Alliance:
Joining an alliance has long been a goal of mine - and I believe Atlas would be a great first. I also think joining Atlas would further help me improve my brands.

What makes you think you would work well within the ranks of the Atlas Alliance:
I believe I would work well within Atlas because I am a very active member of the community, and additionally I believe I could offer lots of constructive feedback and opinions whenever needed.

Who recommended you join Atlas Alliance? If nobody N/A: N/A

Are you able to participate within the AE Gallery along with the Atlas Alliance Discord server:
Absolutely

Do you have any questions for the applications staff before the processing of your application?:
Nope :)

DET

DET

Resident Detroiter

• 211 posts

r2fSxEv.pngThank you for your interest in Atlas Alliance. Your application will now be reviewed further.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users