Photo

Stop spam airlines by not permitting any airline to schedule more than 2x the daily demand on any route

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

mahan.kr

mahan.kr

• 2 posts

Although I find this game a lot of fun, one minor detraction is spam airlines that schedule an unrealistic number of seats on a route.   I'm currently playing in one of the open worlds, and, to take just one example, the top-ranked airline has scheduled over 50,000 daily seats on the route between Galesburg and Dubuque.  I'm guessing there must be some bug in the game that allows them to reap unlimited profits by doing so.  This problem could be solved if every airline was limited to scheduling no more than 2x or 3x the number seats than the daily demand on any route.  For example, if the route A-B had a daily demand of 100 seats, then no airline could schedule more than 200 or 300 daily seats on the route.  This would allow all airlines to compete fairly.

CourtingPsych0

CourtingPsych0

Ryan Air - Ceo

• 87 posts

unfortunately this has been a thing for all the time ive been a part of the game, there seems to be no chance of it ever going away

anthonymorgantjoe

anthonymorgantjoe

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts

I strongly agree with this. Just yesterday, I saw someone schedule 20,000 seats for daily demand of a mere 36 seats, that's just ridiculous

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 396 posts

User's Awards

I disagree as this would detract from the freedom players have to run their airline exactly as they wish.

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

M31MK

M31MK

A300 Lover

• 87 posts

I disagree as this would detract from the freedom players have to run their airline exactly as they wish.

your playstyle takes away that freedom from everyone else

da_Master_Airliner

da_Master_Airliner

master airliner

• 443 posts

ummmm

Attached File  Screenshot 2022-05-14 6.02.29 PM.png   174.49KB   32 downloads

Chief Executive and Founder of Worldwide Alliance
msg-284924-0-43010000-1638583211.gif

M31MK

M31MK

A300 Lover

• 87 posts

You aren't funny.

da_Master_Airliner

da_Master_Airliner

master airliner

• 443 posts

You aren't funny.

Attached File  Screenshot 2022-05-15 2.17.02 PM.png   84.47KB   1 downloads

da_Master_Airliner

da_Master_Airliner

master airliner

• 443 posts

also, i'm going to sit this on out.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

We believe in Free Market Economy. 

anthonymorgantjoe

anthonymorgantjoe

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts

The thing is, there are millions of routes for you to explore from

For example, Australia has several major as well as regional airports. If you see full route in Sydney and Melbourne, try operate international flights from Perth, Adelaide, etc.

Why squeeze for that pie of Sydney-Los Angeles when you know eventually you will lose money?

Not worth it at all in my opinion

Another clear example, if you are operating Los Angeles-Shanghai Pudong and that route is oversaturated, then you can consider opening Los Angeles-Shanghai Hongqiao. But some spammers, already have big profit LAX-PVG, still comes in for LAX-SHA when he clearly sees that LAX-SHA is already filled up.

LAX-SHA has 300 seats as of 2007, go grab that if it is empty. 

secret_0823

secret_0823

AE Player

• 57 posts

User's Awards

Only problem is some of my airlines rely on alliance connections. Especially as a regional airline

Example
I schedule Riyadh-Istanbul about 5x more capacity because my partner airline has a huge route map from Istanbul. Gives more
money and overall Passengers for any other routes.

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Only problem is some of my airlines rely on alliance connections. Especially as a regional airline

Example
I schedule Riyadh-Istanbul about 5x more capacity because my partner airline has a huge route map from Istanbul. Gives more
money and overall Passengers for any other routes.

Yes, with this limitation, hub an spoke airlines won't work. Especially with the new demand changes, hub and spoke can be pretty fun

Ree

Ree

Drone pilot

• 1 posts

User's Awards

3    4          3   

your playstyle takes away that freedom from everyone else

No, you try to force your playstyle on everyone else. We all play entirely within the rules of the game, so it's not your business how we run our airlines.

Arianka

Arianka

AE Winner

• 2,057 posts

User's Awards

5          11   

If a spamline is in the country you play in or on a certain route, just avoid them. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Jeb

Jeb

sänk you for travelling with se deutsche bahn (More than 180 Mi

• 74 posts

User's Awards

4    2    9    5   

The problem is a simple.

Change and/or regulate the slot and terminal system at airports.

If this is being changed the spamlines of course won´t be going completely away (A380 Spammin f yeah), but it would serverly hamper then since the big planes are needing a long time to be delivered and therefore limit theire size.

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 396 posts

User's Awards

The problem is a simple.

Change and/or regulate the slot and terminal system at airports.

If this is being changed the spamlines of course won´t be going completely away (A380 Spammin f yeah), but it would serverly hamper then since the big planes are needing a long time to be delivered and therefore limit theire size.

The slot and terminal system is fine as it is. There is already a realistic maximum limit of 200 gates per airport, and that limit is significantly lower if you don't spend the money to build a terminal. I don't know what you mean by "regulating" the system, perhaps you could elaborate on that?

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

Thatflyerguy

Thatflyerguy

AE Addict

• 201 posts

User's Awards

The slot and terminal system is fine as it is. There is already a realistic maximum limit of 200 gates per airport, and that limit is significantly lower if you don't spend the money to build a terminal. I don't know what you mean by "regulating" the system, perhaps you could elaborate on that?

i respect you within the community, but i completely disagree with your current position regarding spamlining

Although I find this game a lot of fun, one minor detraction is spam airlines that schedule an unrealistic number of seats on a route.   I'm currently playing in one of the open worlds, and, to take just one example, the top-ranked airline has scheduled over 50,000 daily seats on the route between Galesburg and Dubuque.  I'm guessing there must be some bug in the game that allows them to reap unlimited profits by doing so.  This problem could be solved if every airline was limited to scheduling no more than 2x or 3x the number seats than the daily demand on any route.  For example, if the route A-B had a daily demand of 100 seats, then no airline could schedule more than 200 or 300 daily seats on the route.  This would allow all airlines to compete fairly.

this is a brilliant idea, love this.

da_Master_Airliner

da_Master_Airliner

master airliner

• 443 posts

Imao, I would disagree. Just avoid the spamliners and compete in other worlds. Plus, I think this would be way to complicated.

Thatflyerguy

Thatflyerguy

AE Addict

• 201 posts

User's Awards

i agree on the first count, but on the second... its not complicated. your just saying that if seats is greater than 3x demand, remove seats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users