• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

cgruber

cgruber

Professor

• 7 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

A question for the community here.  How do you protect your routes from spam airlines who run over 500 flights a day on a route, between two hubs that they establish (and you also have routes on) for which they are only charging $1 economy fares?  Clearly they are cornering the market with low-price economy fates, but the seats they have on the market are far, far above the demand.

Maple_MK

Maple_MK

Novice Livery Designer

• 171 posts

User's Awards

If your routes get fully invaded by a spamline, unfortunately the best solution is to move to other routes or just leave and join another world altogether. My advice is to avoid playing in worlds that have spamlines in them in the first place, which are usually the no player-limit worlds.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

The best thing to do is to join them. If you are in the same alliance at them, you could get tons of connecting passengers. You could even set up demand accordingly to the graph. It would still provided passengers for your airlines.

da_Master_Airliner

da_Master_Airliner

master airliner

• 443 posts

The best thing to do is to join them. If you are in the same alliance at them, you could get tons of connecting passengers. You could even set up demand accordingly to the graph. It would still provided passengers for your airlines.

Yeah! Piss off every other players in the world by spamming your way to the top spot. What I recommend is that if they are setting one dollar for 50,000+ economy seats what you do is just leave the price where it is. If it is low enough it creates new demand but leaves the original demand alone. (they also have all hubs which make infinite demand)

You can do this don't lower yourself down to running spam operations that just ruins it for everyone. 

Chief Executive and Founder of Worldwide Alliance
msg-284924-0-43010000-1638583211.gif

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Yeah! Piss off every other players in the world by spamming your way to the top spot. What I recommend is that if they are setting one dollar for 50,000+ economy seats what you do is just leave the price where it is. If it is low enough it creates new demand but leaves the original demand alone. (they also have all hubs which make infinite demand)

You can do this don't lower yourself down to running spam operations that just ruins it for everyone. 

I don't understand why you're so angry all the time. Spamlines rely on connecting passengers, it shouldn't have interfere with the original demands. It seems like you don't understand how the algorithm works.

I mean, if it's too much for you, then maybe play in different worlds?

v35n

v35n

Hi

• 224 posts

User's Awards

hail the empire

cgruber

cgruber

Professor

• 7 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

in THAT case, perhaps there should be a world (or two) just for SPAM airlines.  Kind of kills some of the fun for folks who are playing the game clean.

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 397 posts

User's Awards

Create a spamline yourself. It's the most profitable strategy and there's little reason not to do it considering so many people do.

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

cgruber

cgruber

Professor

• 7 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Create a spamline yourself. It's the most profitable strategy and there's little reason not to do it considering so many people do.

Except that's not the way most play it.  Create a place to spam each other, and let the rest of us play.

Maple_MK

Maple_MK

Novice Livery Designer

• 171 posts

User's Awards

If you do this in a world that already has spamlines, sure, but don't ruin the game by needlessly flooding the market when players want to play at least semi-realistically. It's profitable, sure, but it kind of ruins the point of running a simulated airline to compete with other players. You can be good at the game without being a dick.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

If you do this in a world that already has spamlines, sure, but don't ruin the game by needlessly flooding the market when players want to play at least semi-realistically. It's profitable, sure, but it kind of ruins the point of running a simulated airline to compete with other players. You can be good at the game without being a dick.

You are being a dick yourself for forcing other people to play by your rules. So check yourself first.

The fact of the matter is, realistic airlines are unrealistic in this game. Delta Airlines transport close to 100 million passengers through atlanta airport. A realistic airlines would also rely on connecting passengers which many "realistic players" in this game didn't.

Beside, most of the passengers from spam airlines came from connecting passengers that created out of thin air. It shouldn't cause much problems for realistic airlines.

Most of complainers complaint about how they can't get to number 1 spot of valuation.

da_Master_Airliner

da_Master_Airliner

master airliner

• 443 posts

You are being a dick yourself for forcing other people to play by your rules. So check yourself first.

The fact of the matter is, realistic airlines are unrealistic in this game. Delta Airlines transport close to 100 million passengers through atlanta airport. A realistic airlines would also rely on connecting passengers which many "realistic players" in this game didn't.

Beside, most of the passengers from spam airlines came from connecting passengers that created out of thin air. It shouldn't cause much problems for realistic airlines.

Most of complainers complaint about how they can't get to number 1 spot of valuation.

Well you are being a dick yourself for forcing other people to play by YOUR rules. So check yourself as well!!

Unlike those airlines that have SOME connecting demand on SOME routes. You spamliners go over the top on the amount of flights you guys fly. (60x daily with 747 from Moab to Atlantic City.) And many of the realistic airlines you call are "not realistic" still get connecting demand as well (i personally have some routes filled with connecting demand) And you didn't think to consider that the 100 million people flying through Atlanta as connection demand are mostly regional or otherwise. 

It does create demand out of air. But the real problem is that spamliners create this area in the market share and the rankings that can't be passed or competed with. The real reason you (and other spamliners) piss off so many players is because you exploit a well known bug in the game. And when you have spamliners or "the emperor" that take all of the top spots and rankings; making it not fun for the realistic players that all want to try to win but a spamliner who hold number 1 every time (or top 20 in the emperor's case) it pisses of many of the players. 

Fun fact before I close, for about every 100 players the operate airlines on airline empires, only about 1 or 2 are spamlining. (not including other spamliners operated by the same person.) So with 98% of players pissed off by spamlining from the 2% making their airlines. If you want a world for spamlining you guys can have them (or a set of them) Just don't take over top spots in every world because you can and have your "fun" when everyone else gets pissed off at you guys spamlining.

Maple_MK

Maple_MK

Novice Livery Designer

• 171 posts

User's Awards

I don't want to force anyone to do anything. I just want to voice my opinion that, yes, it being a game and all, there are still people who want to play it without exploits.

I also know this game isn't realistic to begin with, obviously, but there is some semblance of normalcy relative to spamlines.

I care mainly about the gameplay, not about the trophies. To me, they are just a flex on your profile.

That being said, I can understand why some people would get frustrated at never being able to accomplish anything leaderboard-wise no matter how much effort they put in because they'll never be able to put up with spamlines. It's unfortunate for those people.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Well you are being a dick yourself for forcing other people to play by YOUR rules. So check yourself as well!!

Unlike those airlines that have SOME connecting demand on SOME routes. You spamliners go over the top on the amount of flights you guys fly. (60x daily with 747 from Moab to Atlantic City.) And many of the realistic airlines you call are "not realistic" still get connecting demand as well (i personally have some routes filled with connecting demand) And you didn't think to consider that the 100 million people flying through Atlanta as connection demand are mostly regional or otherwise. 

It does create demand out of air. But the real problem is that spamliners create this area in the market share and the rankings that can't be passed or competed with. The real reason you (and other spamliners) piss off so many players is because you exploit a well known bug in the game. And when you have spamliners or "the emperor" that take all of the top spots and rankings; making it not fun for the realistic players that all want to try to win but a spamliner who hold number 1 every time (or top 20 in the emperor's case) it pisses of many of the players. 

Fun fact before I close, for about every 100 players the operate airlines on airline empires, only about 1 or 2 are spamlining. (not including other spamliners operated by the same person.) So with 98% of players pissed off by spamlining from the 2% making their airlines. If you want a world for spamlining you guys can have them (or a set of them) Just don't take over top spots in every world because you can and have your "fun" when everyone else gets pissed off at you guys spamlining.

How? I never shamed or forced anyone to play as a Spamline. Unlike you. You are keep lying about me. I didn't set up spamlines in every single worlds like you said.

What you need to do is to look at the mirror and stop Making things up. It ain't gonna help your case.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

I don't want to force anyone to do anything. I just want to voice my opinion that, yes, it being a game and all, there are still people who want to play it without exploits.

I also know this game isn't realistic to begin with, obviously, but there is some semblance of normalcy relative to spamlines.

I care mainly about the gameplay, not about the trophies. To me, just a flex on your profile.

That being said, I can understand why some people would get frustrated at never being able to accomplish anything leaderboard-wise no matter how much effort they put in because they'll never be able to put up with spamlines. It's unfortunate for those people.

I set up routes like JFK-EWR or STL-LSE. No Airlines in real life set up these routes because they are unrealistic. Me setting up routes between these cities WOULDN'T affect any realistic airlines at all.

It's a lie that I flooded major routes where realistic airlines fly to.

So I don't understand why any Realistic airlines would complain about operating flights from JFK-EWR or STL-LSE. If they do, then they are spamlines themself.

da_Master_Airliner

da_Master_Airliner

master airliner

• 443 posts

How? I never shamed or forced anyone to play as a Spamline. Unlike you. You are keep lying about me. I didn't set up spamlines in every single worlds like you said.

What you need to do is to look at the mirror and stop Making things up. It ain't gonna help your case.

Did I say you operate in every world? I said: "Just don't take over top spots in every world because you CAN"

You take what I say and think it's some sort of insult and lie about you. But read it very carefully and you will see that it is not just written for you but for everyone that makes spamlines as well.

​Send me your response, maybe it is you that needs to look in the mirror and calm down and stop taking everything as an insult to you!!!

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Did I say you operate in every world? I said: "Just don't take over top spots in every world because you CAN"

You take what I say and think it's some sort of insult and lie about you. But read it very carefully and you will see that it is not just written for you but for everyone that makes spamlines as well.

​Send me your response, maybe it is you that needs to look in the mirror and calm down and stop taking everything as an insult to you!!!

Do you speak English man? I NEVER created spamlines in every single world.

Do not criticized The Emperor and I for the things we NEVER do. That's a big fat lie and you know it.

- Spamlines didn't ruin the game, It's not our fault that you can compete to be on the leaderboards. 

- Me operating 60x flights using B747 from Moab to Atlantic City WOULDN'T cause Realistic airlines to go BANKRUPT.

- REALISTIC airlines shouldn't be flying on this routes. If you do, then you are UNREALISTIC airlines.

If you operates flights like the spamlines, then you are spamlines yourself. I set up routes in small town because realistic airlines won't fly there. I ACCOMODATE realistic players without disturbing their operations.

How can I ruin the game if our airlines didn't even compete in the same routes?

That's impossible. 

da_Master_Airliner

da_Master_Airliner

master airliner

• 443 posts

I set up routes like JFK-EWR or STL-LSE. No Airlines in real life set up these routes because they are unrealistic. Me setting up routes between these cities WOULDN'T affect any realistic airlines at all.

It's a lie that I flooded major routes where realistic airlines fly to.

So I don't understand why any Realistic airlines would complain about operating flights from JFK-EWR or STL-LSE. If they do, then they are spamlines themself.

Or they offer a shuttle service via helicopter?

Also, I have seen a spamliner flying ORD - ATL & ORD - LAX once in R5. 

da_Master_Airliner

da_Master_Airliner

master airliner

• 443 posts

Do you speak English man? I NEVER created spamlines in every single world.

Do not criticized The Emperor and I for the things we NEVER do. That's a big fat lie and you know it.

- Spamlines didn't ruin the game, It's not our fault that you can compete to be on the leaderboards. 

- Me operating 60x flights using B747 from Moab to Atlantic City WOULDN'T cause Realistic airlines to go BANKRUPT.

- REALISTIC airlines shouldn't be flying on this routes. If you do, then you are UNREALISTIC airlines.

If you operates flights like the spamlines, then you are spamlines yourself. I set up routes in small town because realistic airlines won't fly there. I ACCOMODATE realistic players without disturbing their operations.

How can I ruin the game if our airlines didn't even compete in the same routes?

That's impossible. 

Bad English. Also charter airlines fly routes to Moab, Atlantic City, etc. And not everyone on AE is a full-service carrier airline like Delta, or BA. There are many who operate regional airlines and charter's. It is realistic because of Charter Airlines. They sometimes fly routes that some airlines might not. 

You and your buddies operate airlines in every world (you might fly in 2-3 worlds but as a whole you GUYS fly in every world) So calm down and take a chill pill.

You have 24 hours to respond. 

Send me that hate mail.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Or they offer a shuttle service via helicopter?

Also, I have seen a spamliner flying ORD - ATL & ORD - LAX once in R5. 

I am not the person who set up flights from ORD-ATL or ORD-LAX. Take it to them personally. 

Show me a proof of a real SCHEDULE Helicopter Flights between JFK and EWR. Come on. Show us the proof to back up your claim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users