Photo

A380 or no?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Sloveniaa

Sloveniaa

• 1 posts

User's Awards

Operating an airline based in Russia right now (R4 Россия/Rossiya) and am wondering if there are really any routes with enough demand for an a380 and if it will really be profitable. Thanks!

that-plane-guy

that-plane-guy

Planespotter and Avgeek

• 109 posts

Bangkok, Hyderabad, Dhaka, Johannesburg, Houston, Krabi, Phuket. Sharjah,etc

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 397 posts

User's Awards

Domodedovo-Vnukovo, Domodedovo-Sheremetyevo, Vnukovo-Sheremetyevo are all good routes just set the price to $1 and use Scam IFS

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

RICspotter

RICspotter

Loop

• 204 posts

User's Awards

set the price to $1 and use Scam IFS

Dont do this. Its called spamlining and it ruins the game for people who want to play realistically. 

Erion

Erion

AE Player

• 50 posts

Spamliners don't care about other people. Although I wouldnt go as far as saying spamliners have the malicious intent to ruin the game for other people, i'd not be surprised if this was indeed the case sometimes.

I went over it and am now playing somewhat semi-spamlines, just a lot of destinations served from various hubs with a lot of daily usage for aircrafts, but no routes from demand-less airports, no economy-only configs, and a "middle-ground" IFS (2-3 stars). Just cant bring my conscience around playing like some people do.

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 397 posts

User's Awards

Dont do this. Its called spamlining and it ruins the game for people who want to play realistically. 

Spamliners don't care about other people. Although I wouldnt go as far as saying spamliners have the malicious intent to ruin the game for other people, i'd not be surprised if this was indeed the case sometimes.

I went over it and am now playing somewhat semi-spamlines, just a lot of destinations served from various hubs with a lot of daily usage for aircrafts, but no routes from demand-less airports, no economy-only configs, and a "middle-ground" IFS (2-3 stars). Just cant bring my conscience around playing like some people do.

Spamlining doesn’t ruin the game for others, it doesn’t even have an effect on other airlines except for the valuation ranking. Even then, you can still win in the reputation ranking easily without spamlining so I don’t see the problem.

dоkаteо

dоkаteо

ok

• 188 posts

User's Awards

2    2      

Spamlining doesn’t ruin the game for others, it doesn’t even have an effect on other airlines except for the valuation ranking. Even then, you can still win in the reputation ranking easily without spamlining so I don’t see the problem.

It really does. Let’s say there’s a small regional airline trying to fly a few routes. It’s all going well until “h” spams all their routes with 100 daily flights and their airline goes bankrupt. It’s incredibly unrealistic and takes the fun out of the game for many. 

image.png

Maple_MK

Maple_MK

Novice Livery Designer

• 171 posts

User's Awards

This just sounds selfish, not to mention dismissive of the annoyances caused by spamlines.

da_Master_Airliner

da_Master_Airliner

master airliner

• 443 posts

This just sounds selfish, not to mention dismissive of the annoyances caused by spamlines.

agreed!

Chief Executive and Founder of Worldwide Alliance
msg-284924-0-43010000-1638583211.gif

Erion

Erion

AE Player

• 50 posts

It really do affect others if you're spamming $1 routes, because the other players will have to reduce their charges to around that much as well and likely run on red.

Its only if you're exploiting just the hub bug but not charging $1 (There's a spamline in R1 doing like this) that you are, in fact, not affecting anyone and just playing on your own universe.

Zac23

Zac23

Reach for the stars, it's worth the effort.

• 34 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

please look over that sentence and think for a minute

uw_sig2.png

that-plane-guy

that-plane-guy

Planespotter and Avgeek

• 109 posts

What just what

kellykeli

kellykeli

trumpet go doot

• 99 posts

User's Awards

2    2       2      

Someone driving 120 mph on the wrong side of the road doesn't ruin your driving experience, just move out of their way. I don't see the problem.

B757-200 best plane you can't change my mind

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 397 posts

User's Awards

Someone driving 120 mph on the wrong side of the road doesn't ruin your driving experience, just move out of their way. I don't see the problem.

That is not a valid analogy. Driving 120 mph on the wrong side of the road is illegal. Spamlining is perfectly valid by the rules. 

da_Master_Airliner

da_Master_Airliner

master airliner

• 443 posts

That is not a valid analogy. Driving 120 mph on the wrong side of the road is illegal. Spamlining is perfectly valid by the rules. 

only because this spamlining technique started only a few years ago after most of the developers and moderators have all left the site except for well Yuki and he only comes out every now and then to restart the games but that's basically it. it would definitely be against the rules if they hadn't left AE. 

KMRobinson318

KMRobinson318

Not a spamliner

• 115 posts

Back to the original topic of this thread, I haven't tried running an airline out of Russia yet but if/when I do I'd be confident of finding routes out of SVO capable of supporting at least 1 daily A380, some may also support a second daily flight using a smaller aircraft... This is assuming you use realistic seating layouts rather than thinking you could get over 700 economy class seats on 1 plane as the scamliners do.

"I'm not ashamed of the things I've done; I took the plane when I should have run" - Stuart Adamson

da_Master_Airliner

da_Master_Airliner

master airliner

• 443 posts

not on the autobahn.

BobAlose

BobAlose

AE Addict To-Be

• 12 posts

User's Awards

Depends on where the carrier is based. There's some routes where the A380 can fit well. For example, a DXB based carrier could probably fill an A380 to a lot of different cities all over the place. If you're a European airline based out of a busy airport (CDG, LHR, AMS, FRA, etc), JFK will always be a good A380 route. If you're based in the US, the A380 would do well on routes some out of JFK, LAX, MIA, DFW, SFO, and SEA. Think places like LHR, HND/NRT, CDG, ICN, FRA.

In one of my previous Sandbox airlines, I attempted to operate the A380 on some European routes out of PHL and IAD and let's say it didn't turn out too well. Eventually had to shift all the PHL A380 routes to A330s, while some of the IAD A380 routes did do just fine (LHR, FRA, DXB). Ended up moving those PHL-based A380s to high-demand routes out of JFK, SFO, and MIA. 

KMRobinson318

KMRobinson318

Not a spamliner

• 115 posts

Depends on where the carrier is based. There's some routes where the A380 can fit well. For example, a DXB based carrier could probably fill an A380 to a lot of different cities all over the place. If you're a European airline based out of a busy airport (CDG, LHR, AMS, FRA, etc), JFK will always be a good A380 route. If you're based in the US, the A380 would do well on routes some out of JFK, LAX, MIA, DFW, SFO, and SEA. Think places like LHR, HND/NRT, CDG, ICN, FRA.

In one of my previous Sandbox airlines, I attempted to operate the A380 on some European routes out of PHL and IAD and let's say it didn't turn out too well. Eventually had to shift all the PHL A380 routes to A330s, while some of the IAD A380 routes did do just fine (LHR, FRA, DXB). Ended up moving those PHL-based A380s to high-demand routes out of JFK, SFO, and MIA. 

Were you using realistic seating layouts or scamline ones?

"I'm not ashamed of the things I've done; I took the plane when I should have run" - Stuart Adamson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users