• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

sailorskip

sailorskip

Bon Vivant

• 8 posts

User's Awards

5    7      

Just shut down my airlines, the 2nd time in the last 3 games.  With the advent of the spamliners, it's not fun anymore.  

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 397 posts

User's Awards

What? How do other player's strategies make you want to leave? This has zero impact on your airlines at all, unless you want to get an award for highest valuation. And you could still just try for a reputation award anyway!

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

M31MK

M31MK

A300 Lover

• 87 posts

Beacuse you spamlines tank our DOP's, leave the used market barren, and in general ruin the game for everyone else

Maple_MK

Maple_MK

Novice Livery Designer

• 171 posts

User's Awards

What? How do other player's strategies make you want to leave? This has zero impact on your airlines at all, unless you want to get an award for highest valuation. And you could still just try for a reputation award anyway!

You really don't understand the effects of spamlining, do you?

Erion

Erion

AE Player

• 50 posts

Beacuse you spamlines tank our DOP's, leave the used market barren, and in general ruin the game for everyone else

This.

sailorskip

sailorskip

Bon Vivant

• 8 posts

User's Awards

5    7      

I played the game because it was an airline simulation game.  Over the years, despite its flaws, it was enjoyable.  Now, a basic structural flaw has been discovered.  And success is determined by how well that flaw is developed.  It could be airlines, armies or mutant ninjas, it doesn't matter.  And to suggest that I spend months to play in order to accept the equivalency of a child's participation medal instead is inane.  The game, shall we say, is over.

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

it makes me sad to see this kind of post. but there's not much to do, the game is pretty much abandoned

::NEO::

::NEO::

AE Player

• 28 posts

User's Awards

3    2    2    2   

Yeah, it's a shame that there is so many half full worlds these days. I remember a few years ago they were all consistently full (or pretty close to full), It's boring without a bit of healthy competition now.

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 397 posts

User's Awards

Yeah, it's a shame that there is so many half full worlds these days. I remember a few years ago they were all consistently full (or pretty close to full), It's boring without a bit of healthy competition now.

Most of the worlds reset recently and aren’t even halfway through their games. So the fact that they are already half full is a positive, and that means there are more players now. Also, R1 and several others are already almost completely full even though they just started. 

Sith Lord Ssempa

Sith Lord Ssempa

AE Player

• 28 posts

User's Awards

I think the spamliner issue has become slightly better sicne they introduced the realistic demand, no?

M31MK

M31MK

A300 Lover

• 87 posts

I think the spamliner issue has become slightly better sicne they introduced the realistic demand, no?

Nope, they dont rely on demand at all

secret_0823

secret_0823

AE Player

• 57 posts

User's Awards

You really don't understand the effects of spamlining, do you?

Cuz he is a spamliner himself

AdmiralSirJohn

AdmiralSirJohn

• 7 posts

Exactly!  I just shut down my third attempt at a game (one where I was actually making a profit for a while) because a spamliner calling himself Cathay Pacific established nearly EVERY SINGLE MAJOR ROUTE with so many planes that NOBODDY, but NOBODY could compete BEFORE THE END OF THE FIRST IN-GAME DAY!  I'd establish a profitable schedule, and next thing I know, this spamliner comes in with so many flights on those exact routes (even little puddle-jumps with 747's!!!) that I'm losing money on every single flight.

And that's in a sandbox world!

No wonder so many people have left.

I'll hang here in the forums, but until spamlining ends, I'm out of the game.

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 397 posts

User's Awards

Exactly!  I just shut down my third attempt at a game (one where I was actually making a profit for a while) because a spamliner calling himself Cathay Pacific established nearly EVERY SINGLE MAJOR ROUTE with so many planes that NOBODDY, but NOBODY could compete BEFORE THE END OF THE FIRST IN-GAME DAY!  I'd establish a profitable schedule, and next thing I know, this spamliner comes in with so many flights on those exact routes (even little puddle-jumps with 747's!!!) that I'm losing money on every single flight.

And that's in a sandbox world!

No wonder so many people have left.

I'll hang here in the forums, but until spamlining ends, I'm out of the game.

As airlines only start with between $7.5 and 100 million, it is literally impossible for one airline to establish nearly every major route on Day 1. Since spamlining is the most profitable currently known strategy, this is the strategy one must adopt to earn the largest profits. Sandbox worlds are intentionally designed to be unrealistic, with their short day lengths and lack of awards allowing for more casual gameplay. From my experience the special worlds and R4, R5, and R7 seem to have the lowest spamlining presence so if you dislike it that is where I recommend creating your airlines.

MrTrash

MrTrash

AE Player

• Data Manager
  • 93 posts

Gotta play some more challenging worlds like the long one that starts in the 1950s, the no Leasing one, one hub, etc or create different airlines than a mega US or Euro carrier. 

Even with spam liners you can make money, just gotta think outside of the box. 

AdmiralSirJohn

AdmiralSirJohn

• 7 posts

As airlines only start with between $7.5 and 100 million, it is literally impossible for one airline to establish nearly every major route on Day 1. Since spamlining is the most profitable currently known strategy, this is the strategy one must adopt to earn the largest profits. Sandbox worlds are intentionally designed to be unrealistic, with their short day lengths and lack of awards allowing for more casual gameplay. From my experience the special worlds and R4, R5, and R7 seem to have the lowest spamlining presence so if you dislike it that is where I recommend creating your airlines.

Then how the hell did I see Cathay Pacific with such a route map on game day one?  That's what I saw in the sandbox I was playing in.

I want a world where spamlining will get an airline kicked.  Nothing less will do.

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 397 posts

User's Awards

Then how the hell did I see Cathay Pacific with such a route map on game day one?  That's what I saw in the sandbox I was playing in.

I want a world where spamlining will get an airline kicked.  Nothing less will do.

I think you started your airline long after the world started. It is best to start your airlines within the first in-game month of a world to have an even playing field with the competition.

MrTrash

MrTrash

AE Player

• Data Manager
  • 93 posts

You can lease 10s or 100s of aircraft day one. 

I guess we can look at a restrictive world that has CAB like route restrictions, especially an older one, but Yuxi will have to comment if that is possible, 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users