It could happen to you next!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts
Two rounds ago it almost happened, now it did really happen:
Based on rumor and speculation my airline was fined. Proof cannot be presented, unless you are willing to accept the reasoning that "this cannot be coincidence" is enough proof.

The problem: the people that judge a fellow player's behavior are direct competitors. Outperform them, and they get nervous. Are you able to do something another person can't? In normal business you'd have an edge and therefore you make money where
another person can't. In AE, pretending to be a simulation, the competition is allowed to take your money and planes away.

This could happen to you too. Suppose you are lucky enough to earn money, suppose you end up in the top ten. You are not welcome there, you are "queried", your airline is destroyed.

Well... you've heard it before and I am telling you again:

I do not cheat. I buy cheap aircraft of the public market, I sell them for a reasonable price. I fly my planes. I look for profitable routes and fly those a lot. I earn money. I do not own "feeders". I have no relationship to people with feeders (not that I'm aware of anyway). I have only one airline, one IP address, one email address.

Remember this for future reference. You may want to consider paying for this game. That would be good money down the drain. As soon as you're threatening the position of certain key players, you are destroyed, er pardon, queried.

For you who want to know:

Sold planes (including my two J-31 at the beginning):
6 beech 1900D
$5,949,999
$5,999,999
$6,119,999
$6,000,000
$5,999,999
$5,700,000
4 J-31
$5,700,000
$6,000,000
$5,500,000
$5,700,000

Bought planes, all from the public market, available to anyone!
7 beech 1900D
$3,932,734
$3,000,000
$4,000,000
$3,000,000
$3,000,000
$3,000,000
$2,965,867
2 J-31
$3,327,790
$3,500,000

Total money involved:

In: 58,669,996
Out: 29,726,391
Gain: 28,943,605

Stolen from my airline, by my direct competitors:
One A319-100, value $43,500,000
A sum of money: $10,000,000
Total: $53,500,000 out of $60,839,873 total value.

Airframes I would have liked to buy, if I had enough funds available at that time include: #347 #723 #724 #1183 #1358

I know #723 and #724 have been bought, and sold, by Australis Airlines. Apparently moderators (and perhaps Anti-Cheat team members?) are allowed to buy and sell; australis is ranked #2.

regards,
highspeed.
Posted Image

letsfly!

letsfly!

I need to Fly like i need to Breathe

• 28 posts
This really happens?

IMO, it's wrong for competitors to be able to do this, i don't mean to get on the wrong side of anyone here, but,

if highspeed hasn't done anything wrong then you shouldn't be able to take his money and aircraft,

TW, please make yourself known on this post, i do believe a gross injustice has been served here

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Just becuase u get fined and found out for ur actions, u want everyone else to pay aswell?

Im sorry, but u done it once, and u done it again. So dont come here onto the forums trying to be some sort of saint and make everyone else seem like the bad guy. ;)

Btw, 3 rounds ago, i got fined $40 mil for all my dealings on the used market and i admitted the truth(which they didnt believe) and took it on the chin. So, at least move along and just continue with the game...

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts
"My actions"...

I don't know what you did, maestro69, but I was fined for using feeders and I did not do so. So yes, I feel this as a great injustice. I bought seven planes below value. That even includes one at 67.4% (4,000,000)

1) If it is a crime to buy planes at 50% value, then why allow them to be sold for this amount in the first place?
2) This subject has come up before. Last time, eventually it was admitted it was not a crime to buy aircraft at 50%
3) Being fined 53.5M, bringing the airline's value down to an amount even below the start-out value (2x J-31 and 5M cash makes 11M+ at the start; after the fine I am at 7M with a huge debt). 53.5M for buying 7 small aircraft ?!? How much have you trafficked for your 40M ?
4) you don't have to pay s*** if you did not do anything wrong. But why should I?

Tell me, why can Australis Airlines be at rank #2 with buying and selling on the public market, and why can't Highspeed be at #4 doing the same?

I don't deserve this fine. If planes can be taken away, they can be added as well. 10M same story.

I can't even submit my case for review. Everything is done in secrecy and communication either stalls or does not get started at all.

I don't want to play saint. I just want to be treated fair, and I was not.
Posted Image

AeroLinear

AeroLinear

• 400 posts
  • WLM ID:foreignis@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:ForeignWas
i don't think it is correct to punish someone without proof, but i understand it is hard to moderate when proof is incredibly hard to come by even with obvious cases. for this reason i would not wish to be in such a position to dole out punishments.
-Dave, CEO of:
Posted ImagePosted Image
AID: 7106

Numero Uno en San Francisco, Las Vegas, y ahora Los Angeles!

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

"My actions"...

Tell me, why can Australis Airlines be at rank #2 with buying and selling on the public market, and why can't Highspeed be at #4 doing the same?

Here, to make it crystal clear:
1. I get no special treatment for been a moderator. Playing AE is totally different to my role as AE forum moderator.
2. I am subject to the same rules as everyone else. And that to me, is important. I dont need any special treatment. I want to play at the same level as everyone else.

So, if u got any other matters u wish to discuss to me about Australis, then PM me or catch me on MSN. Trying to bring me down becuase of ur actions isnt respectful to me...

Oh, btw, if u claim to be such a good player, then u wouldnt need to buy/sell so many aircraft.... then again, thats just me...

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Fly_Germany

Fly_Germany

• 136 posts
  • WLM ID:tomauer@hotmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:tomauer2003@yahoo.com.au
oh man, im keeping outa this one :D , I bought my first plane undervalue, it is possible to let ya all know.. so i believe you highspeed when it comes to buying from the used markets.. some people just wanna get rid of their crummy 1900D's , thats all i can say since i don't know your situation...

and yep Australis (Maestro) is totally correct, i hope theres no special treatment ;) LOL!!

Lets all hug now :D i hope this was not an injustice towards highspeed.. god knows anyone can get nabbed for this too!

~ Air Germany, Connecting Berlin to to the world ~
"you'll Love it"

Fleet:
2 x Airbus A330-300
3 x Airbus A320-200
5 x Airbus A319-100
2 x Bombardier Q400
4 x Saab 2000
2 x ERJ-135ER
9 x ATR-42-500

(Upcoming Orders)
Airbus A319-100
Airbus A330-300
Posted Image
"3rd Rock Alliance"
No more slums. No more violence. No more poverty...Gawad Kalinga
Posted Image

FlyNCL

FlyNCL

• 307 posts
I'd rather accept being a cheater than admit being sad enough to waste my life watching the used market all the time.

Get a Life :@
Join #AirlineEmpires on QuakeNet and chat with the AE community now! If you visited the channel and liked it, please put a notice like this in your signature!

Troll

gizgiz

gizgiz

Left AE for Better Games

• 269 posts
  • WLM ID:cheesyli@hotmail.com
Hmmm, let's see if someone previously frozen can talk some sense into you...

Firstly, moderators and staff do not receive special treatment just cause they help the AE community. Secondly, the anti-cheat staff are here to make sure you don't cheat. Sometimes they may make mistakes, because the 'security level' in here is very high - any suspicions and boom they're off. I don't know whether you're actually speaking the truth here, but your actions have led them to think you're cheating by using other airlines.

Anyways, I'd stop complaining and get on with life...
Posted Image
Gizme Airways International, 2536

Posted Image
May the spirit of 3RA live on

HONG KONG WEATHER ALERTS:
None current and none forecast

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts

Here, to make it crystal clear:
1. I get no special treatment for been a moderator. Playing AE is totally different to my role as AE forum moderator.
2. I am subject to the same rules as everyone else. And that to me, is important. I dont need any special treatment. I want to play at the same level as everyone else.

So, if u got any other matters u wish to discuss to me about Australis, then PM me or catch me on MSN. Trying to bring me down becuase of ur actions isnt respectful to me...

I am not trying to bring you down, or to be disrespectful. I am mentioning australis because (1) I happened to witness buying and selling of planes I would have liked to buy but couldn't because of lack of funds and (2) remembered *because* it was australis.

I'm sure there are other airlines buying and selling. So, you were faster than me in at least two occasions. Other airlines have bought other aircraft. But in seven cases, I was faster than the rest. THAT is why I am being punished. Perhaps not intentionally, in which case it was a mistake and the damage can be undone.

I have to mention this example, as there is nothing much else I can do to defend my case, is there...

I believe you when you say you don't want special treatment. That does not mean you are not getting it.

Oh, btw, if u claim to be such a good player, then u wouldnt need to buy/sell so many aircraft.... then again, thats just me...

1) I don't make such a claim. I only observed being at position #4. And I can't help thinking that other players, not you per se, feel threathened and let this influence their actions/decisions (which are based on speculation ALONE).
2) I don't need much more than food, water and air. But I like to do other things as well. If one of these things is playing AE, be respectful to me and let me play it the way I want it. Buying and selling is quite normal in real life too, you know.
Posted Image

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Buying and selling aircraft shouldn't be your only source of income. I only have $41,000 in profits from aircraft sales, and I'm still in the top 5. I guess if that's your crutch. From the number of transactions you posted, it looks like you were treated fairly. Some of the others (Maestro included) got fined at least double the value of their transactions. If it were me, I'd just be glad that you weren't banned or that you weren't reset back to nothing.

Food for thought:
http://forums.airlin...439&postcount=9
http://forums.airlin...read.php?t=1506
http://forums.airlin...read.php?t=1467
http://forums.airlin...hread.php?t=587
http://forums.airlin...read.php?t=1464
Posted ImagePosted Image

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts
Well drv4truk,
http://forums.airlin...759&postcount=3

and

http://forums.airlin...37&postcount=36
http://forums.airlin...85&postcount=40
Posted Image

letsfly!

letsfly!

• 28 posts
Can i make a small suggestion?

change the rules slightly, only, ONLY take a/c and fine players if it can be PROVED that they are or have been cheating, if a player is suspected of cheating, send warnings, and listen to replies,

as said before, there are always 2 side to a story,

'It's like trying to say what caused a plane crash when 50% of it is still at the bottom of the ocean''

Just my 2 cents

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
I second that...I got fined 30 mil for being accused of something and it turns out the cheat police are dead wrong. They are much too jumpy to be police, either they should get some brains and research, or quit. Cheat police should actually ruin cheaters, not honest players. Oh and...they still owe me that 30 mil as well.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Aircraft Owned: ATR-72s, Saabs, EMB-195LRs, A319s, 1 Q400, and A330s
ANA-The Pinnacle of Japanese Aviation (Kickin off at ORD) -An ACE Alliance Member / エイス アラヤンス メンバー全日空
ID#:10917

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Two rounds ago it almost happened, now it did really happen:
Based on rumor and speculation my airline was fined. Proof cannot be presented, unless you are willing to accept the reasoning that "this cannot be coincidence" is enough proof.

The problem: the people that judge a fellow player's behavior are direct competitors. Outperform them, and they get nervous. Are you able to do something another person can't? In normal business you'd have an edge and therefore you make money where
another person can't. In AE, pretending to be a simulation, the competition is allowed to take your money and planes away.

This could happen to you too. Suppose you are lucky enough to earn money, suppose you end up in the top ten. You are not welcome there, you are "queried", your airline is destroyed.

Well... you've heard it before and I am telling you again:

I do not cheat. I buy cheap aircraft of the public market, I sell them for a reasonable price. I fly my planes. I look for profitable routes and fly those a lot. I earn money. I do not own "feeders". I have no relationship to people with feeders (not that I'm aware of anyway). I have only one airline, one IP address, one email address.

Remember this for future reference. You may want to consider paying for this game. That would be good money down the drain. As soon as you're threatening the position of certain key players, you are destroyed, er pardon, queried.

For you who want to know:

Sold planes (including my two J-31 at the beginning):
6 beech 1900D
$5,949,999
$5,999,999
$6,119,999
$6,000,000
$5,999,999
$5,700,000
4 J-31
$5,700,000
$6,000,000
$5,500,000
$5,700,000

Bought planes, all from the public market, available to anyone!
7 beech 1900D
$3,932,734
$3,000,000
$4,000,000
$3,000,000
$3,000,000
$3,000,000
$2,965,867
2 J-31
$3,327,790
$3,500,000

Total money involved:

In: 58,669,996
Out: 29,726,391
Gain: 28,943,605

Stolen from my airline, by my direct competitors:
One A319-100, value $43,500,000
A sum of money: $10,000,000
Total: $53,500,000 out of $60,839,873 total value.

Airframes I would have liked to buy, if I had enough funds available at that time include: #347 #723 #724 #1183 #1358

I know #723 and #724 have been bought, and sold, by Australis Airlines. Apparently moderators (and perhaps Anti-Cheat team members?) are allowed to buy and sell; australis is ranked #2.

regards,
highspeed.

This is quite funny, you had some words in the forum a few rounds ago and you vowed NEVER to retun but you did, so more fool you for DIPPING in this pratice again. Some never learn (Do They) ;)

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts
There are several players reporting false accusations. While I do appreciate that some of them are lying, I think there are too many honest players victim of this problem.

Problems with the current setup:

1) The rules are vague. Yes, you are allowed to buy on the public market but apparently not if you happen to be good at it.

You may continue to make transactions just like any other airline.

Well, not true as it turns out.

2) Penalties are given based on speculation.

You can not operate more than one airline. Using feeder airlines to your advantage is not allwowed [SIC] in AE.

Apparently buying seven aircraft on the public market should indicate I operate more than one airline. Guess what, I am not. I am just monitoring the public market a lot. And I have been open about this all the time. I can't believe the anti-cheat police really thinks I am good in covering my tracks and operating feeders. But that's what they claiming anyway.

3) Penalties are quite severe. Right now I am back at the value I started with. And I can still not operate my airline (or I have to sell my planes and thus loose my gates).

4) Penalties are inconsistent. At least that's what I hear from Travelhouse.

5) In real life we have "innocent until proven guilty", and "reasonable doubt". In real life...

6) Appeal is not possible. Sure, if you happen to be friends with TW or miller you may get an answer, but else...

I will monitor the airline for a while, I will even reset my ticket price whenever I spot a route with negative profit. Let's hope some people will get to their senses and correct this mistake.

If this game ever wants to be out of beta, this is perhaps the biggest bug to fix: Human error and unequal/unfair treatment.

I thank anyone supporting me (private or public).
For those making fun of this: shame on you; AE is not a popularity contest and your way of playing the game is not necessarily my way.
To the staff: I am really disappointed that you do not dare to communicate about this. So much for the witch hunt. http://forums.airlin...29&postcount=23
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

3) Penalties are quite severe. Right now I am back at the value I started with. And I can still not operate my airline (or I have to sell my planes and thus loose my gates).

Well, one thinks that if you was treated very light, for many are REMOVED or as PSA quoted

http://forums.airlin...read.php?t=1506

100 Billion fine for that player, that was Harsh ;) seems the Anti Cheat Coppers have fallen mellow with age :D

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
It's the fact we are INNOCENT....I..N..N..O..CENT......WE HAVE DONE NOTHING! All you do is find a good deal, and they punish you for it. What? Like they dont get deals themselves, It's a poor system, and desperately needs a revamp.

I'm all for a anti-cheat police....i'm not all for a police who uses it for corruption (which I hope doesn't happen), or just has to pick on the innocents.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Aircraft Owned: ATR-72s, Saabs, EMB-195LRs, A319s, 1 Q400, and A330s
ANA-The Pinnacle of Japanese Aviation (Kickin off at ORD) -An ACE Alliance Member / エイス アラヤンス メンバー全日空
ID#:10917

letsfly!

letsfly!

• 28 posts
OMG!!!!!!!!!

The Same has happened to me!!

i've lost 3 D328s and roughly $20,000,000 on top,

What the hell is wrong with you cheat police,

I am an honest player, never EVER cheated

All the aircraft bought and sold were on the public market, at sensible prices (nothing half price)

What's TW gonna do about this, you've ruined my f***ing airline, yesterday number 1 at ORD, today, in a hell of a load of debt with 2 beeches!!!

Here's me trying to sort out a problem on this game, and the thing i'm trying to sort out get's springed on me! You cheat police, what gives you the right to judge me? You no more a police force than i am a f***ing ballet dancer!

FlyNCL

FlyNCL

• 307 posts
Hahahahahaha!

www.you.justgotowned.com

However your aircraft sales figures on the finance page don't look wierd.
Join #AirlineEmpires on QuakeNet and chat with the AE community now! If you visited the channel and liked it, please put a notice like this in your signature!

Troll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users