Photo

Headquarter Airport gates closing

R1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ElRay

ElRay

• 1 posts

Hey all, noticed yesterday that my headquarter airport (PEK) only has one gate leased instead of the five it should have. When I noticed I leased another gate but then this morning it was back down to just one gate. I've leased yet another gate and I am using slots in it with my newest route so hopefully this one doesn't close as well.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there any sort of explanation? Cheers.

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3    2       4      

If you don't use a gate after you lease it, it will be taken back after a certain amount of time (I believe it's maybe 12 IRL hours but I'm not sure). This is to prevent people from mass leasing gates to prevent competition in worlds where there is a limited amount of gates at the airport as airlines not based in that airport's country can't build a terminal at it.

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 396 posts

User's Awards

I think the limit is two in-game months or so before the gate is taken away. Just make sure you are actually using the gate by ensuring you have less than 50 slots remaining at the airport.

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

Brando

Brando

• 499 posts

It's at the end of the next month. So Aug 9th, 17th, 1st, 23rd doesn't matter. Lets say you lease extra gates. Whatever you aren't using at the end of Sept 24th will get returned. To prevent you from being able to monopolize the airport since if you just lease all the gates and sit on them, only people based in the same country could build a terminal to get around that which will really limit competition. especially in small countries like Hong Kong, if I just leased all the gates at that airport I would be able to run with literally zero competition since there isn't even another airport in the country other than the heliport.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users