Photo

What's the best age to list aircraft on the used aircraft market?

S3B

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Zac23

Zac23

Reach for the stars, it's worth the effort.

• 34 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

Heya folks,

I had a quick question regarding the used market, specifically the right time to list aircraft. I'm running Deutscheadler in S3B with about 70,000,000,000 valuation, 1000 aircraft, and making a sizable daily profit. I have plenty of cash, so strategically planning replacements aren't a huge concern for me.

I was curious for my A310-200/300s which are approaching 12-13yrs of age, when was the right time to sell them. I see people commonly listing planes as low as 7yrs, all the way up to 15-16yrs.

Any advice on when is the best age to send aircraft off to the market?

uw_sig2.png

747Flyer

747Flyer

Not Moderator For Airline Empire

• 67 posts

Airlines, such as Delta and United have a fleet age of 13-16 years, but you dont have to follow their age. I would just sell them once you have a replacement ready.

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 396 posts

User's Awards

I personally never sell off planes unless I have to because they became unprofitable due to the increased maintenance cost. That generally happens around 20-25 years or so with the planes I operate. Since the worlds I play in are only 30 years long I never end up selling them.

However, if you’re playing in one of the longer worlds, then just retire them at the 20-25 year mark when they become unprofitable.

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

Zac23

Zac23

Reach for the stars, it's worth the effort.

• 34 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

I personally never sell off planes unless I have to because they became unprofitable due to the increased maintenance cost. That generally happens around 20-25 years or so with the planes I operate. Since the worlds I play in are only 30 years long I never end up selling them.

However, if you’re playing in one of the longer worlds, then just retire them at the 20-25 year mark when they become unprofitable.

thanks, I have 150 idle aircraft just waiting the few months till Jan 1st, 2000

expect duck world alliance's route numbers in S3B to shoot up lol, deutscheadler got plans  ;)

uw_sig2.png

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Many airlines especially large one like Delta, American Airlines, British Airways etc. uses aircraft that are as old as 20-30 years old.

So don't be worry.

SUJETO

SUJETO

Proud Virtual Airliner since 1989

• 295 posts

User's Awards

4    2      

Man, i did started airline with buying used DC-8-50 on 2015 at scrap price and help me a lot to get some money in early years.... I do many times. 

____________________EEEn_____________________:oS;
_____________________EEEE:__:-_____-lcneEg+.*EE--
_____________________*EEOEOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-oOEV
____________:;;--+++-oEEOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
__.:::::::.______::::__*CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEglCS
_.:-+++++++oEECgr**ll*VEECCJJogOEEE::EE__:E
____________;nEE:_______+*El+E-.

Carlos "SUJETO" Vargas Sánchez.

SUJETO

SUJETO

Proud Virtual Airliner since 1989

• 295 posts

User's Awards

4    2      

Heya folks,

I had a quick question regarding the used market, specifically the right time to list aircraft. I'm running Deutscheadler in S3B with about 70,000,000,000 valuation, 1000 aircraft, and making a sizable daily profit. I have plenty of cash, so strategically planning replacements aren't a huge concern for me.

I was curious for my A310-200/300s which are approaching 12-13yrs of age, when was the right time to sell them. I see people commonly listing planes as low as 7yrs, all the way up to 15-16yrs.

Any advice on when is the best age to send aircraft off to the market?

Why you want to sell them to the market?

Any way 100% fleet age reputation will start to fall at approximately 8 average years old fleet.

You could keep the planes but its not proudly watching you flying a ruoute with  DC-7s and you competitors with  A319neos.  :thumbsup:

____________________EEEn_____________________:oS;
_____________________EEEE:__:-_____-lcneEg+.*EE--
_____________________*EEOEOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-oOEV
____________:;;--+++-oEEOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
__.:::::::.______::::__*CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEglCS
_.:-+++++++oEECgr**ll*VEECCJJogOEEE::EE__:E
____________;nEE:_______+*El+E-.

Carlos "SUJETO" Vargas Sánchez.

Makka

Makka

aeroplame

• 50 posts

User's Awards

3    4   

You could keep the planes but its not proudly watching you flying a ruoute with  DC-7s and you competitors with  A319neos.  :thumbsup:

R0, I joined really late game and was operating a Malaysian LCC while having my 737 MAX 8s and NGs compete with Lockheed Constellations. ^_^

signature_makka.png

AlextheAviator

AlextheAviator

Alex222

• 30 posts

i would say around 20-25yr old

dоkаteо

dоkаteо

ok

• 188 posts

User's Awards

2    2      

When good replacements come out. 
For example I’d retire my 767s in 2011 when the 787 comes out

A300s when the A330 releases 

and so on

image.png

iheartplanes

iheartplanes

AE Player

• 28 posts

i suppose i am unusual in this respect but i like to at around 8-10 yrs, keeps my reputation up and is good financially(maintenance). that also allows prices of up to 120m on a 10year old 767-300er

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: S3B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users