Photo

Selling Aircraft?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

rbt001

rbt001

• 3 posts

I'm new to this, and started with leasing 10 year old planes usually for 3 years.  When I had excess cash flow, I started buying out the leases early.  But now I've decided that I wanted to gradually replace those old planes I own with new planes.  How to I put my unused old planes up for sale once I take delivery of the new replacement planes?

Don Baker

Don Baker

AE Player

• 36 posts

On the aircraft details page there is a sell button. There is a buyer under that button. 

rbt001

rbt001

• 3 posts

Thank you!  I found the sell button you mentioned.  So one I idle a plane and click sell, does it just get posted on the "Used Aircraft for sale" page so that I have to wait for it to be bought, or does the system immediately take it off my hands and give me the cash?

FlyEvans

FlyEvans

Little boy from New Hampshire

• 122 posts

supposedly it gets put on the market but I have no proof it actually does

Mr. Aviation Nerd :)

RICspotter

RICspotter

Loop

• 204 posts

User's Awards

supposedly it gets put on the market but I have no proof it actually does

it does within the next few rounds. and you get the cash right away

TarquinShrapnel-Carruthers

TarquinShrapnel-Carruthers

Itinerant project manager

• 132 posts

User's Awards

3    3    3    3   

Thank you!  I found the sell button you mentioned.  So one I idle a plane and click sell, does it just get posted on the "Used Aircraft for sale" page so that I have to wait for it to be bought, or does the system immediately take it off my hands and give me the cash?

You get the cash immediately. In theory, the aircraft should appear on the 'for sale' list but it seems to take a few days.

Recently, in a world where I have two airlines, one was able to buy an aircraft that the other had sold. What was a bit odd is that although the first airline sold 12+ aircraft I only saw one, even though I had been watching the list closely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users