Photo

connecting passengers?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

theAirlineguy

theAirlineguy

Fly With All Your Heart <3

• 35 posts

Joining an alliance is a good feature in AE but what doesn't really get to me is the gray color in the load factor indicators what are those? Also since alliance offers connecting passengers what i most commonly face problems with is that i see my profit's drop but the load factor stays on 100 because of the gray part after the green, is there a way to fix this?

Harrison.

Harrison.

AE's Asian

• 240 posts

The gray portion of your load factor is additional transfer passengers (alliance or hub). If you weren't in an alliance or the flight wasn't to/from a hub, then you wouldn't have those passengers. 

Transfer passengers bring less profit than direct passengers (as is the case usually in real life too).  

Also, filled seats (with less profit) are better than empty seats. You can't really fix it, either you're charging too high in ticket price, or your daily seats is greater than your daily demand. 

Skyroutes Admin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a0149d3efa.jpg

FIwBmaF.png

Cameras:

Nikon D750 | Nikon D300s | Nikon D5100

Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G | Sigma 150-600mm C f/5-6.3 | Nikkor 24mm AF-S f/1.4G

Computers:

2019 Razer Blade 15 Advanced RTX 2070 | 2015 13" Apple Retina MacBook Pro | 2013 15.6" Sony Vaio Fit 15E

2010 Custom Built PC

theAirlineguy

theAirlineguy

Fly With All Your Heart <3

• 35 posts

The gray portion of your load factor is additional transfer passengers (alliance or hub). If you weren't in an alliance or the flight wasn't to/from a hub, then you wouldn't have those passengers. 

Transfer passengers bring less profit than direct passengers (as is the case usually in real life too).  

Also, filled seats (with less profit) are better than empty seats. You can't really fix it, either you're charging too high in ticket price, or your daily seats is greater than your daily demand. 

Thanks for your response! Really appreciate it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users