database glitch?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Reno

Reno

AE Know It All

• 108 posts

My man, you need to take a course on Economics. It's simple supply and demand.

It was simple to make 20mil off of used Q's to begin with, but 38mil is just assinine.
Posted Image
Reno Express: 11676

:airplane
Current Fleet
3 X B1900D

#1 At Reno/Tahoe International Airport
http://www.renoexpressva.com

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

But now everyting is high, what do the smaller guys do? If Frontier went out for used aircraft *BAD EXAMPLE* i dont think they would pay 70mil for a damn A318. Seriously this has to stop, these screw overs. To me, its greed, as well as an assinine example.

EDIT: WOW 27MIL, HOLY CRAP WHAT A DEAL!!!!! *i pay 20mil, and I wont stop doing so*

Now there is some Q's for 20M so be quick !!

Reno

Reno

AE Know It All

• 108 posts
It should be like this for the market, why charge so high, when your making a killing making even, or maybe even more, seriously. Im not here to start anything, just here to spread some common sense.
Posted Image

Current Fleet
3 X B1900D

airbigos

airbigos

• 27 posts

The price of used aircraft seemed to have skyrocketed. Any idea's whats going on?

Yeah it's a glitch. TW is changing the upper price limit so pretty soon the prices will be at 400%. :puzzled:

frankly.de

frankly.de

Fly the Best - Fly Airbus

• 148 posts

Seriously this has to stop, these screw overs. To me, its greed, as well as an assinine example.

If you don't like the price, don't buy. It's as simple as that. Plus you can always buy new AC from the manufacturer (I never buy anything on the market unless it's a real bargain, but I do sell......).

Reno

Reno

AE Know It All

• 108 posts

If you don't like the price, don't buy. It's as simple as that. Plus you can always buy new AC from the manufacturer (I never buy anything on the market unless it's a real bargain, but I do sell......).

Always a long wait though. I was happy used, oh well. EVERYONE BUY NEW TO SHOW THESE BAD BROKERS WE MEAN BUSINESS! Its about profit, not being greedy.
Posted Image

Current Fleet
3 X B1900D

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
I disagree with what is happening.

Honestly, i buy aircraft from the used market and from what i see, if they want to do this, its fine, but dont expect me to shell out excess cash for aircraft i can obtain for good prices from certain brokers in AE, which i am dealing with.

I think geesh and air bigos were making very good profits already with the aircraft at reasonable prices already. No one is doubting that they can sell aircraft for above value, but at the moment, its become ridiculous...

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

whowey

whowey

• 260 posts
All of my aircraft I have been selling have been snapped up in minutes by the MEGA brokers.

Bigios openly tells you what he is up to in another thread. But being the benificary of his strategy I'm certainly not going to complain.

Reno, I would seriously reconsider some of your screaming here. Need we remind you of this: http://forums.airlin...read.php?t=3951

Post #8 pretty much somes that up.
Posted ImageMember of the Posted Image ID: 11893
Owned: A bunch of aircraft

Reno

Reno

AE Know It All

• 108 posts

http://forums.airlin...read.php?t=3951

Post #8 pretty much somes that up.

corn boy, this aint about me. We talking about the royal screwover smaller airlines are faced with with these new price hikes.

ADDED: I was young, I needed to 2000's
Posted Image

Current Fleet
3 X B1900D

whowey

whowey

• 260 posts
Now I am completely unsure what your Pissing and Moaning is about.

There are only 814 frames outstanding at AB. With the delivery rules of 30 + 10%, with 2 per airline. Every single individual customer will recieve at least 1 frame at month change. A HUGE portion of those orders are from about 10 airlines. They still only recieve 2 frames, whether they are large or small.

The story is the same if you look at Boeing. 416 frames outstanding. 30 + 10% = 71 frames. Every single customer will recieve at least 1 frame.

You don't want to pay for overpriced aircraft? Then DON'T, nobody is forcing you. The delivery rules are put in place to help small airlines.
Posted ImageMember of the Posted Image ID: 11893
Owned: A bunch of aircraft

Reno

Reno

AE Know It All

• 108 posts
I aint "pissing and moaning". I think its crazy that a swift change overnight has ruined the public market. I dont go around saying Value + 5mil is overpriced, but anything else is AND I SAID THIS BEFORE!!!! GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDY!
Posted Image

Current Fleet
3 X B1900D

ICEHOCEY77

ICEHOCEY77

• 44 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:ICEHOCEY77

Its about profit, not being greedy.

Tell that to Bill Gates.

To quote the great Gordon Gecko from Wall Street, "Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind."

frankly.de

frankly.de

Fly the Best - Fly Airbus

• 148 posts

corn boy, this aint about me. We talking about the royal screwover smaller airlines are faced with with these new price hikes.

Well, I used to be quite small my self, and am not too huge even now. I just don't make the money to need to buy my AC on the used market, especially since they more or less come right away when ordered from the manufacturer. And the same ought to apply for all even smaller airlines. They just don't have the cash to make the delivery limits a problem. They order one or two AC at a time, usually getting them a lot earlier than they could afford to buy them on the market.
This might be a different issue if we had AC actually ageing, but that's not happening this round. So I doubt you are concerned about smaller airlines than yourself. You just don't like the fact that some have the money to control the used market. If anyone, it's probably you who is affected, and those biggies who now either can't get so many AC so quick or else have to fork out big time, but quite frankly, I don't feel too sorry for them......

bkn42

bkn42

• 63 posts
Besides, I know at least for Airbus, there is such a backlog that you get your planes immediately the next month when you order them. That's because the large airlines have ordered so many that they cause more planes to be delivered each month to the market for everyone else, while they are limited to 2 each month. It works out better for the smaller airlines actually.

So instead of buying Airbii on the used market, just get a new one for how much it's actually worth.

mario66

mario66

• 22 posts
Just buy at the month end, lots of stuff is waaaay overpriced at the moment, got some q400 for 19.5
Georgian Express
ID# 3214

AeroLinear

AeroLinear

• 400 posts
  • WLM ID:foreignis@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:ForeignWas
yeah i ordered 2 B753s instead of buying 1 739 from the used market, got them both at the month change :P thanks to TH for forcing me to buy more for less.
-Dave, CEO of:
Posted ImagePosted Image
AID: 7106

Numero Uno en San Francisco, Las Vegas, y ahora Los Angeles!

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
At the end of the day, its up to the purchase to decided if he or she is willing to part with the amount of cash needed to buy the aircraft. :P

Im sure people will find other ways to get what they want. :(

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

airbigos

airbigos

• 27 posts
The glitch is fixed... apparently I CAN "manipulate the database" as some suggested.

Alex_Stankevitch

Alex_Stankevitch

• 379 posts
Yes you can manipulate the database, all you need to do is offer planes for lower prices and other airlines will lower their prices.

Airbus has always been expensive on the market, that much I know from sometimes having to buy them.
Posted Image
ID:10979

Our Stats

TorqueWrench

TorqueWrench

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 446 posts
They say something is only worth what you can get someone to pay for it.

I think i can get someone to pay 27.5 Million for a Q400... so i'll charge 27.5 Million. If thats too expensive, go elsewhere... i dont WANT your business if you cant afford it.

I am however open to offers. I've got 80 Q400's to sell and 10 A320's
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat.

I saw that show, 50 Things To Do Before You Die. I would have thought the obvious one was "Shout For Help"

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users