- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

Jackny

Jackny

95th Rifles Chosen Man

• 122 posts
  • WLM ID:jknyvett@hotmail.com
If clock is stopped do it for 24 hrs then no one has any probs. Make sure month change is before 9pm GMT please for all the people in europe
Lost Airline #8510 Hub:

1xBeachD
1x2000

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

If clock is stopped do it for 24 hrs then no one has any probs. Make sure month change is before 9pm GMT please for all the people in europe

No reset will happen until otherwise advise. Please, do not keep going on about a reset. At the moment, no one except admins will or know the extent of the problem with AE. Unless is critical, i dont expect a reset.

So, we all have to sit back and wait. Thats all. Nothing more..

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

AeroLinear

AeroLinear

• 400 posts
  • WLM ID:foreignis@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:ForeignWas
well there is only 1 way i could think to "hack" the site to do this. that would be to try and use the image upload as a way to upload a script instead of an image, and then run it from the server unbeknownst to anyone else. i would have had to investigate and collect some information about the file structure possibly create some custom forms with intentional errors to get a general idea and acquire the paths to the files with the loadfactor. then I'd just use an fopen script and hope the permissions were set high enough for the thing to do enough damage. however that doesn't at all explain how only 1 function out of probably an extensive functions sheet is missing.

my guess is that it wasn't a hacker, because 1st of all i would expect any file upload to be validated to make sure it IS in fact the filetype desired. especially on a site such as this where many of us have programming experience. my guess is either it's a typo in the functions file or else something retarded miller or torque did (Which i'm pretty familiar with since i constantly give myself headaches doing the same type of things :D).
-Dave, CEO of:
Posted ImagePosted Image
AID: 7106

Numero Uno en San Francisco, Las Vegas, y ahora Los Angeles!

737Capt

737Capt

• 19 posts
Ok, now I have lost 19 gates in various cities due to this bug!!! I hope we can slew this game back a couple of days! :cry:

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
AeroLinear I am not sure if Miller coded in the arguments that only allow image files to be uploaded... That would be a point against the above case.
Aer Solas

Scalpel4

Scalpel4

• 560 posts
  • WLM ID:scalpel4@hotmail.com

Ok, now I have lost 19 gates in various cities due to this bug!!! I hope we can slew this game back a couple of days! :cry:

Personally I hope not, I grabbed several of your gates. :D

737Capt

737Capt

• 19 posts

Personally I hope not, I grabbed several of your gates. :D

Grrrrrr! :mad:

CitiChased

CitiChased

• 18 posts
Miller was online this morning (7:41AM PDT) and I'm surprised he hasn't made any comment to this issue.

I too lost a few precious gates I was going to expand into.

VC-10

VC-10

• 706 posts
You can only upload .jpg images I think. I have tried to upload .bmp images before by mistake, and got nowhere.
Proud member of the GoldenSKY Alliance, PM me to join!
Fleet:
3 Beach 1900D
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
British World Airlines-bwa No 3753
Posted Image

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
GAAH MY GATES TOO!?!?! DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Can we do a time machine manuver and move back to when this error first came up? I had a good chance at expanding here!
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Aircraft Owned: ATR-72s, Saabs, EMB-195LRs, A319s, 1 Q400, and A330s
ANA-The Pinnacle of Japanese Aviation (Kickin off at ORD) -An ACE Alliance Member / エイス アラヤンス メンバー全日空
ID#:10917

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts

retarded miller or torque did :D).

Choice of words in the comments made and edit it comes up with this :)
Posted Image

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
But on the bright side...at least no one can undercut me for now, and I'll keep my (albeit paltry) DOP. But now I face the prospect of losing my gates at ATL, PBI, and SAC in addition to the MEX gate i lost.....gaaah! so annoying....ok maybe instead of going back in time for our gates and possibily destroying someone's brand new terminal..... why dont they ..for 20 hrs or so... add 4 gates to every airport or every airport that has 0 slots left every hour and we get our chance to pick up the gates we lost before and expand a bit then? :D
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

ANA-The Pinnacle of Japanese Aviation (Kickin off at ORD) -An ACE Alliance Member / エイス アラヤンス メンバー全日空

PacificEcho

PacificEcho

• 91 posts
  • WLM ID:nw03@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:sernick18
Calm down guys, it's just a game...

I don't see any of you contributing to it...
Posted Image

MinnakhtKan

MinnakhtKan

Stormingly Whistly Member

• 187 posts
  • WLM ID:minnair90@hotmail.com
Well Maestro is surely safe by now :D. BUT Ive got 500mil in cash for my new terminal somewhere near the Red and yellow airline's hub (hint: 800 year muslim reign? is starts with M and finishes with adrid :)) I dont think you know what I was planning, because that gate would've affected your DOP an incredible 200k....lol... Dont worry, you KNOW im not the predator type :D

I have a stagnant A380, isnt THAT amusing? Lets all imagine it was actually real world and we were all airline chairmen or whatever... What would be the cause of this? A restraining order to get to the office? We were all discapacitated and couldn tget outof the house, while every single one of the rest of the 6 bil are not knowing the airplanes they are flying in are in potential LALALOOLOO weirdoo loco loco poofing out risk?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
Filler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts

Dont worry, you KNOW im not the predator type :D

Did your mother ever tell you lying is wrong?

jk of course.....
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
nice double post... :D
My eyes went skyward and never came down.

Embre Air: Your Embre in the sky
ID#2066

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
what double post???............*looks around cautiously/questioningly*
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Riddim_Killa

Riddim_Killa

• 53 posts
any word ?

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
At this point no...even though miller was reported to have been online earlier this morning.....no fixes.....we'll see what happens later then
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users