Photo

Aircraft Maintenance Cost

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

cjr60611

cjr60611

• 4 posts

Have saw some other post regarding maintenance fees but, I still don't understand how they are calculated.  Seems crazy that the monthly maintenance fee for a Boeing 732 is a full 5% of the actual purchase price....  This seems like a mistake - no airline would sign a 5 year lease for a plane that monthly maintenance cost would surpass it's value before end of term.  Is anyone able to explain the rationale behind this calculation? Maybe the maintenance fee includes other charges/services that are not described?

Any insight would be helpful...

WEGigabyteWeiXiao

WEGigabyteWeiXiao

AE Player

• 27 posts

I assume you are talking about your first B732. The maintenance fee for your first aircraft of a family includes all your extra staff/machines for it, so it costs more, but future aircrafts will not cost as much.

For example the maintenance fee for 1x B732 may be 1M, but only 1.05M for 2x B732.

cjr60611

cjr60611

• 4 posts

I assume you are talking about your first B732. The maintenance fee for your first aircraft of a family includes all your extra staff/machines for it, so it costs more, but future aircrafts will not cost as much.

For example the maintenance fee for 1x B732 may be 1M, but only 1.05M for 2x B732.

Ahhh!  Thank you!  I couldn't understand how is was soooo expensive!  That makes more sense.  Thanks again for the insight!

cjr60611

cjr60611

• 4 posts

Ahhh!  Thank you!  I couldn't understand how is was soooo expensive!  That makes more sense.  Thanks again for the insight!

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

Emperor of AE - Most Trophies, Undefeated. Universally beloved.

• 342 posts

User's Awards

60    63    143    14    3   

Have saw

The root of the problem is your inability to use correct grammar. 

This is all the more revealing given that you're speaking the mongrel tongue of barbarian offshoots from The Empire. 

We could sympathize, were you mangling the complex grammar of Our classic language. 

To mangle this simplistic barbarian tongue, however, is unforgiveable. 

cjr60611

cjr60611

• 4 posts

The root of the problem is your inability to use correct grammar. 

This is all the more revealing given that you're speaking the mongrel tongue of barbarian offshoots from The Empire. 

We could sympathize, were you mangling the complex grammar of Our classic language. 

To mangle this simplistic barbarian tongue, however, is unforgiveable. 

And, I'll further mangle your classic language by saying, "Eat a fat dick, troll!" Can you sympathize with that?  I bet you can.

Finally, before you start rabbling about my grammatical errors, learn to spell.  That's what is "unforgivable"!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users