Photo

Air France and the A340-500

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

maratimejet

maratimejet

• 23 posts
Hey guys, I have a book the says that Air France ordered the A340-500, I don't know how reliable this book is. What ever happened to the order, did they convert it to -300's?
Thanks.

panini

panini

d8 t niet he

• 15 posts
nope air france never ordered the A345 (correct me if I'm wrong) I would also not see the benefits the aircraft would give AF, It cant do CDG-SYD-CDG nonstop (at least with full loads), I also can not see another possible market with enough demand for AF to consider the A345

maratimejet

maratimejet

• 23 posts
Thanks, I didn't think it would because there are not many markets that need the range.

TorqueWrench

TorqueWrench

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 446 posts
It could however fly CDG-PER easily...
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat.

I saw that show, 50 Things To Do Before You Die. I would have thought the obvious one was "Shout For Help"

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation.

maratimejet

maratimejet

• 23 posts
Is there enough traffic to even justify a 3x CDG-PER, I guess most would be connecting traffic.

panini

panini

d8 t niet he

• 15 posts
nope I don't think CDG-PER would have enough demand, but if it has, you only have one destination and for a daily flight it would require two planes at most, which is not profitable to operate, even with the commonality with the A343

maratimejet

maratimejet

• 23 posts
Air Canada does it with the YYZ-HKG route, I don't know if it's profitable, although that will soon be histroy when the new 777's come.

Lewinki

Lewinki

• 59 posts
  • WLM ID:md90fan@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:Nawlinsboy22@aol.com
  • Yahoo ID:daw_122001@yahoo.com
A subfleet of A345s wouldnt be worth for a lone CDG-PER. Due to crews,mx and schedualing.

Posted Image

Absimilliard

Absimilliard

• 5 posts
Yes, Air Canada use its 2 A340-500 for YYZ-HNG and from I heard, they are pretty full! The first 777-300 is supposed to start operating in march 2007.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users