• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

TheBlock

TheBlock

silly person

• 289 posts

User's Awards

Here's what you got to know.

I've broken them as which ones are profitable and which ones aren't (Ill only include ones I used out of experience)

Profitable (Will usual make money)

IL-18

IL-86

IL-96

SSJ100 (Ran a entire airline with just this plane)

An-10

An-24

An-28 (Keep on routes under 300m and you should be find)

An-26 (Careful on longer routes, has 10 less seats than the An-24)

An-38 

An-148/158

An-410

Tu-114

Tu-204

Tu-214

Tu-334

Yak 42

Let 410 (Keep on routes under 400m and you should be fine)

Can be operated with Profit (Most routes will not be profitable overall but it can be done none the less)

Tupolev Tu-134B (Keep out of routes between 600-900m (will not make any profit) and make sure you operate multi class, I fly a Tu-134B with 10 Business and 80 economy, flying them with 96 economy is pointless from what I learnt)

Tupolev Tu-154B/M (Wasn't able to experiment too much but they work well on routes under 600)

IL-14M (Can make profit if placed in the right routes)

Unprofitable

An-2 (All though it comes across as the perfect plane for short routes, I have found no way to make money on this thing)

IL-12 (Trash, won't make money on this one)

IL-14B (Same story as above)

IL-62 (Has a nice range but it really is a hungrier version of the VC-10, not even in regional routes does this thing make a dime)

Tu-134A (I haven't fully experimented with this one but too my knowledge it does not have enough seats, from what I read it should actual be able to fit 84 seats but the dev only put 76)

Tu-144 (Anyone who's flown this should know why this thing is trash in terms of money making)

Tu-154 (Too small and unreliable for anything)

Tu-154A (Haven't test this out much)

Yak 40 (I still buy this thing, I have yet to try in all business class or first class but have fun turning a 1$ on it.)

Be-30 (Won't do you any good)

They are other soviet/Russian aircraft in game but I haven't tried them yet.

jomama

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

yes

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

WEGigabyteWeiXiao

WEGigabyteWeiXiao

AE Player

• 27 posts

Tu-134 and Tu-154M was actually quite good and capable. Don't know hwy these two aren't included.

kawaiisovietball

kawaiisovietball

Stalinium-biased communist player of AE XD

• 152 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

154M is kinda good actually

Soviet Stronk

Browneyed1989

Browneyed1989

AE Player

• 29 posts

I found the Il-96-300/400, Tu-154M, and the Tu-204-100/300 very profitable.

The Il-62 can be profitable on medium-haul routes with a high demand (but I won't use them after 1990 as the maintenance costs become too high).

leolthel21

leolthel21

I play the violin

• 5 posts

Soviet planes - I would say they have a lot of variations, they just require too much fuel...lol

WEGigabyteWeiXiao

WEGigabyteWeiXiao

AE Player

• 27 posts

Tu-134B and Tu-154M are actually pretty good, with a fuel efficiency of slightly over 200, although it isn't impressive but I think it is profitable

WAZZ

WAZZ

Fan of being inactive

• 298 posts
  • Skype Name:wazzupyoshi

User's Awards

Tu-104 and Tu-124 can make a profit but good luck trying to do so, extremely fuel hungry. iirc the 104 has something like 36,500 fuel flow for 100 seats. Tu-124 is slightly better but has no range to work with.

Discord: Farko#3900 lolbanned

KMRobinson318

KMRobinson318

Not a spamliner

• 114 posts

Tu-214 and Il-96-400 are perfect cheap alternatives to Airbus A320/A330s for a young airline just starting out. I make sure I buy the Il-96s after 7 years (by which time the cost of doing so has dropped to zero!) and replace them when I can afford to buy the Airbus/Boeing equivalents.

"I'm not ashamed of the things I've done; I took the plane when I should have run" - Stuart Adamson

Korladis

Korladis

AE Player

• 60 posts

Tu-214 and Il-96-400 are perfect cheap alternatives to Airbus A320/A330s for a young airline just starting out. I make sure I buy the Il-96s after 7 years (by which time the cost of doing so has dropped to zero!) and replace them when I can afford to buy the Airbus/Boeing equivalents.

I know this is old, but I've had the same pleasant experience with these. I actually never replace them.

On the opposite end, I leased a Tu-104 out of curiosity and discovered why it has such a short production run.

TheBlock

TheBlock

silly person

• 289 posts

User's Awards

Yea, ive kept them in most my airlines that had them for a long time. Extremely reliable aircraft

jomama

Korladis

Korladis

AE Player

• 60 posts

I'm worried I won't have enough money to order enough Tu-114s to keep getting them until the end of time. 

TheBlock

TheBlock

silly person

• 289 posts

User's Awards

I've seen airlines with Tu-114's on the order book all the way into the end of R1 and R2, how you guys do that is beyond me.

Ill also be updating this all as ive manage to find ways to make money on some aircraft (although they will require scam ifs)

jomama

TheBlock

TheBlock

silly person

• 289 posts

User's Awards

I've seen airlines with Tu-114's on the order book all the way into the end of R1 and R2, how you guys do that is beyond me.

Ill also be updating this all as ive manage to find ways to make money on some aircraft as ive flown them recently

jomama

Korladis

Korladis

AE Player

• 60 posts

Ill also be updating this all as ive manage to find ways to make money on some aircraft (although they will require scam ifs)

scam ifs?

TheBlock

TheBlock

silly person

• 289 posts

User's Awards

scam in flight services

jomama

Korladis

Korladis

AE Player

• 60 posts

Ah. That would kinda break immersion for me.

TheBlock

TheBlock

silly person

• 289 posts

User's Awards

Ah. That would kinda break immersion for me.

True but i rely on them for my IL-14 fleet cause they aren't really good money makers outside of 90-200 mi

jomama

Korladis

Korladis

AE Player

• 60 posts

True but i rely on them for my IL-14 fleet cause they aren't really good money makers outside of 90-200 mi

So that's how you make money with Il-14s lol. I literally had to start over a couple times on R0 because I lost so much money with them.

TheBlock

TheBlock

silly person

• 289 posts

User's Awards

if you fly a very certain route network you won't need the IFS, but I use them cause it makes the IL-14s into cash cows. They are operating in the green but barely

jomama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users