Photo

A320 Deliveries delayed

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

jamo2oo9

jamo2oo9

• 6 posts

User's Awards

I'm in S3-B and R4 worlds with orders for A320. In R4, currently have 35 A320-200 with 30 more ordered and when the A321-100 became available for order, I ordered 50 A321. All of my A320 are now delayed until 1994. Why? Is this a current bug in the game? Same thing in S3-B world. I have 90 A320-200 at the moment with no further orders. If I make another order right now, the first one won't be delivered until July 1996. I do have A321 on order as well but they won't be delivered until 1994. 

Was the production line stalled for two years?

Should be noted that I haven't delayed my orders or set a different order timeline when I purchased the aircraft types. 

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Your next delivery date starts after the last delivery of the aircraft family you are ordering, even if this leaves you with a large gap in order deliveries.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

jamo2oo9

jamo2oo9

• 6 posts

User's Awards

Your next delivery date starts after the last delivery of the aircraft family you are ordering, even if this leaves you with a large gap in order deliveries.

Yeah, I know. But I've like 2/4 year gap between them so no more deliveries for the A320-200 until 1994/1996 and A321 starts after that.  

ChrisInSD

ChrisInSD

AE Player

• 31 posts

Did you cancel some orders?  Or do you have pre-orders for another A320/1 that is not yet released.  You don't seem to reclaim any spots if you cancel and further order deliveries are pushed out.  Pre-ordering a plane will have the same effect I believe and push all future orders for a currently available AC in the same family to after the pre-order slot is filled.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Pre-ordering a plane will have the same effect I believe and push all future orders for a currently available AC in the same family to after the pre-order slot is filled.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

sound_guy0918

sound_guy0918

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

Pre-ordering a plane will have the same effect I believe and push all future orders for a currently available AC in the same family to after the pre-order slot is filled.

Not so...if you have existing orders for AC in the same family, they don't get pushed until after the preorder.  However, any subsequent orders for currently-available AC will go to the end of the queue AFTER your preorders.

davedave

davedave

AE Know It All

• 140 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

To clarify, your build queue is in the order you, er, leased/purchased the planes. So if you order (say) A321s a few years ahead, and then order some A320s to fill in the gap, it won't work. The planes you want delivered sooner have to be ordered first.

If you do the maths, it can sometimes be worth dumping the orders and losing the deposits, because you can make enough profit out of re-ordering and getting the older planes right away that it offsets the loss. Depends on the kind of airline you're running, the profits you make per plane, and the timescale.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users