Mergers?

* * * - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

FlyEvans

FlyEvans

Little boy from New Hampshire

• 122 posts

This is a quick question. I think you should add airline mergers to AE. Like if an airline was failing, another airline could negotiate to buy it and if the other airline accepted, the airline that purchased it would acquire the planes, and funds of the airline.

Mr. Aviation Nerd :)

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Technically it is possible to do if you've got a team of two running the new merged airline.

Step one is to take a tally of all the aircraft, routes and frequencies of those routes of one of the airlines which will be "merged" into the new airline. Step two is for Airline B to sell off any aircraft they can while Airline A buys up an equivalent amount of each type. Once that process is complete then each of y'all take a hub and start up "new" routes with Airline A.

It's a gigantic pain in the ass, I don't think it's worth it, but I'm not gonna stop you.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Technically it is possible to do if you've got a team of two running the new merged airline.

Step one is to take a tally of all the aircraft, routes and frequencies of those routes of one of the airlines which will be "merged" into the new airline. Step two is for Airline B to sell off any aircraft they can while Airline A buys up an equivalent amount of each type. Once that process is complete then each of y'all take a hub and start up "new" routes with Airline A.

It's a gigantic pain in the ass, I don't think it's worth it, but I'm not gonna stop you.

Do that with both parties having shared control. If you plan it right, you can buy the other airlines aircraft on used market.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

mastacheifa117

mastacheifa117

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

A nice feature is to have is that if 2 players give each other shared control of their airlines, they can use funds, aircraft, and hub pax from the other airline. Oh wait, that's a merger...

Direct transfer of funds/aircraft would be cool, except the amount of people making alternate accounts would be insane. Keeping track of IP could work but VPNs and the "we want moar security" folks would drive them insane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users