Airliners Alliance

* - - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
623 replies to this topic

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
Say....not a bad idea...ill join in corn field...heh.heh.heh...never tell routes to others out there or you might lose your exclusivity faster. And no, I wont be invading your route yet.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Aircraft Owned: ATR-72s, Saabs, EMB-195LRs, A319s, 1 Q400, and A330s
ANA-The Pinnacle of Japanese Aviation (Kickin off at ORD) -An ACE Alliance Member / エイス アラヤンス メンバー全日空
ID#:10917

whowey

whowey

• 260 posts

A j31 from Iowa to FLA? Do those things have bathrooms?

Its a 1900D, but that answer would be NO.
Posted Image
But neither does our J-31's
Posted Image

Don't have the extra expense of lavatory service that way. :D
Posted ImageMember of the Posted Image ID: 11893
Owned: A bunch of aircraft

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts
No free drinks on that flight!
Bushey Airlines

A little of this and a little of that.

Member ACE

Drunkmailman

Drunkmailman

Shake and Bake

• 53 posts
Those seats dont look that comfortable on that J-31.

CEO Of Airforce Ones Airways

ID:11209

Now in the top 100.:)

Based
in SAT

Fleet:
8 A330-300
1 A320-200
4 A319-100
3 A321-100
2 A321-200
1 757-300
14 Q400
3 ATR-42-500
7 EMB-190 LR

Posted Image
Posted Image

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
No wonder their op costs are lower than a thousand......no plumbing!
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

ANA-The Pinnacle of Japanese Aviation (Kickin off at ORD) -An ACE Alliance Member / エイス アラヤンス メンバー全日空

frankly.de

frankly.de

Fly the Best - Fly Airbus

• 148 posts

Those seats dont look that comfortable on that J-31.

I don't know about this particular one, but I've flown on J31's before and they were reasonably comfortable. I mean an A320 is heaps more comfortable, but considering their size (and age) it was bearable. As for lavs, there is a longer version of the Jetstream, the J41 which has a front-door (as opposed to a rear one on the J31), a small galley and some sort of very interesting toilet. I loved flying on these little AC.

whowey

whowey

• 260 posts

I don't know about this particular one, but I've flown on J31's before and they were reasonably comfortable. I mean an A320 is heaps more comfortable, but considering their size (and age) it was bearable. As for lavs, there is a longer version of the Jetstream, the J41 which has a front-door (as opposed to a rear one on the J31), a small galley and some sort of very interesting toilet. I loved flying on these little AC.

I lifted the pic from a Canadian charter service's website. It actually is the 18seat version of the J-31.

The layout of the 1900D is from Great Lakes Airlines. I've flown on those 1900's and they are not bad at all for short hops(less than an hour and a half). But longer than that, and the seats get kinda uncomfortable.

But I've never ridden on a J-31. If you are calling a 320 comfortable compared to it, that is not good. I've ridden the AWA/USAirways 320's from ORD to LAS,ONT and PHX. Definately, not the ride of a B737. There certainly more squeaks,creaks, groans and moans out of the Airbus aircraft also.

frankly.de

frankly.de

Fly the Best - Fly Airbus

• 148 posts

I lifted the pic from a Canadian charter service's website. It actually is the 18seat version of the J-31.

My experience is with Origin Pacific, a small regional airline based in Nelson, New Zealand. I have just checked their website (www.originpacific.co.nz) and it says that their Jetstreams are equipped with toilets!

The layout of the 1900D is from Great Lakes Airlines. I've flown on those 1900's and they are not bad at all for short hops(less than an hour and a half). But longer than that, and the seats get kinda uncomfortable.

I have flown with AirNZ's 1900Ds for which the same would apply.

But I've never ridden on a J-31. If you are calling a 320 comfortable compared to it, that is not good. I've ridden the AWA/USAirways 320's from ORD to LAS,ONT and PHX. Definately, not the ride of a B737. There certainly more squeaks,creaks, groans and moans out of the Airbus aircraft also.

I don't know about US airlines, but I have flown on A320s (including A319s and A321s) in Europe (Austrian, Sabena, TAP, Swiss, Lufthansa) without any complaint. Personally I prefer them over 737s hands down anytime.

Guest_AirHouston2006_*

Guest_AirHouston2006_*
  • Guests

As long as you dont come into SAT im fine with that.:D

I have to come into SAT thats my next Texas City LOL, I AM Air Texas you know LOL.

Drunkmailman

Drunkmailman

Shake and Bake

• 53 posts

I have to come into SAT thats my next Texas City LOL, I AM Air Texas you know LOL.

To bad there isnt anymore gates to rent.:cry:

Based
in SAT

Fleet:
8 A330-300
1 A320-200
4 A319-100
3 A321-100
2 A321-200
1 757-300
14 Q400
3 ATR-42-500
7 EMB-190 LR

Posted Image
Posted Image

whowey

whowey

• 260 posts

www.originpacific.co.nz[/url]) and it says that their Jetstreams are equipped with toilets!

I don't know about US airlines, but I have flown on A320s (including A319s and A321s) in Europe (Austrian, Sabena, TAP, Swiss, Lufthansa) without any complaint. Personally I prefer them over 737s hands down anytime.

I'm gonna check that site. I couldn't find any references about the 31 having a head, but all the 41 references I found said they did.

I imagine that maintence and care probably have more to do with it rather than the plane make.

America West was teetering on the verge of bankruptcy, and US Airways was bankrupt when they merged. Those aircraft can't be more than 12 years old. My flights on them were about 3 monthes after the merger.

I've ridden 737-200 from United, years ago from ORD-DEN(Stapleton)-SFO, it was pretty noisy but comfortable. Now I've ridden 737-400 from Alaskan, it was fairly noisy and kinda cramped feeling. But the 737-700 from Ted was very new(ORD-LAS), and my first experience of 737-900 was an Alaskan ORD-SEA, on its first revenue day. Smooth as glass, wonderful ride, very little exterior noise. A damn near perfect airline flight. Honestly if you could eliminate the 'airport' hassles, that is what airline travel should be.

I prefer RJ's and TP aircraft though. I had a flight on United Connection on a EMB-120. That was heaven, it was Extremely short hop(about 20 minutes in the air). Fast, comfortable, quiet. Even with a full load it didn't feel like it was cramped. I love the 1 x 2 configuration.

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
While we are on the topic of "favorite jets" I'll put in my 2 cents now. First I myself have never flown on anything smaller than an MD-80. Second, I prefer 737s over the A320s....but I've been on the 737s only once and it was a 734 with Alaska Airlines, and in the last 5 rows they give you an extra 2 inches of room (we were second from back) so it was very spacious and very nice, even though being a quick hop from Seattle to SFO. Third, my favorite planes of all time though are still the 747, 777, and A333...I like big planes..lol. Yes the airlines turn them into cattle cars, yes its not for clastrophobics out there, but to me they portray the feeling of home (I've been traveling by 747 since I was 3) and give me these long flights that I both enjoy, but still have to fight to endure (NWA flights are so freaking boring).
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Drunkmailman

Drunkmailman

Shake and Bake

• 53 posts
So Air Texas you fineally immigrated to SAT. BAD CHOICE!

Based
in SAT

Fleet:
8 A330-300
1 A320-200
4 A319-100
3 A321-100
2 A321-200
1 757-300
14 Q400
3 ATR-42-500
7 EMB-190 LR

Posted Image
Posted Image

Guest_AirHouston2006_*

Guest_AirHouston2006_*
  • Guests

So Air Texas you fineally immigrated to SAT. BAD CHOICE!

I had to, there are shortage of gates everywhere and I had no choices, its getting hard, we are in an alliance we DONT need to fight.

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
Lol...tell that to the Fly World Alliance....theres lots of competition goin on there....just cause you are in an alliance doesn't mean there isn't competition. Same with the real world ones out there. oh and Air Houston..I'll put that data up right away, ill post on here when its updated. If you could make a logo...that'll be helpful too.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
Ok you guys, I just reupdated the Alliance website so that all of the members...or at least the ones I think are members are on there. So we have a total of 5 airlines in the alliance, 4 in the Americas and 1 in Asia (me). Taurus....if you could check everything i put on it that would be good (and send me a higher resolution logo).

You can find the page here: http://www.geocities...rthAmerica.html
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

whowey

whowey

• 260 posts
Looks good.

I'm gonna try an fake up a logo. I'm not a photoshop expert, and I don't play one on TV.

In the good news column. I just broke 700 in the rankings. 696 with a bullet. Or as I use to say when I did Sunday Morning Countdown. 'Screaming up the charts like your prom date'

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
Oh come on....actually use Photoshop...not Paint! lol...or ask for someone to do it for you, there are many kind people out there who'd help you...like the 2 logos you see on my sig...they are done by 2 other members out there. My first logo....was very very simple...you can see it on the allance website...its the first one on the top left corner of the stack.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

whowey

whowey

• 260 posts
That was a quick dummy logo, I made while waiting for the bus tonight.

I don't have photoshop on my 'work-on-the-go' computer, only on the computer at the house, or in the office.

And I agree it looks like crap.

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
Ahhhhhhhhh Well that explains it. Lol...well as soon as you make a logo you like, send it on over and I'll post it on the website.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users