- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

G.J.

G.J.

• 1,462 posts

Happy anniversary, powered flight! :D

1920px-First_flight2.jpg

Venture Co-Owner | Aloft Staff | Ex-Polaris Member | Unitedwings Co-Owner | Dynasty World Alliance Member

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

santos dumont did it first

siggie3.png

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

happy chritmas

AviatorCJ

AviatorCJ

I'm not the Chosen One

• 396 posts
Merry Crisis

Aloft_Banner_AviatiorCJ.png

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

SANTOS DUMMONT DID IT FIRST

G.J.

G.J.

• 1,462 posts

SANTOS DUMMONT DID IT FIRST

EVIDENCE PLEASE

Venture Co-Owner | Aloft Staff | Ex-Polaris Member | Unitedwings Co-Owner | Dynasty World Alliance Member

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

EVIDENCE PLEASE

Santos Dumont is like God. You don't need evidence, you just gotta believe and He'll bless all of your flights and take care of you through every turbulence

G.J.

G.J.

• 1,462 posts

Santos Dumont is like God. You don't need evidence, you just gotta believe and He'll bless all of your flights and take care of you through every turbulence

SKEPTIC MODE ACTIVATED

Quintus_Istari

Quintus_Istari

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

Not really a question of evidence.

Santos Dumond was living in Paris, in the middle of the most air-enthusiast crowd in the world. There is no information about anyone actully denying that he did it years before.

The remaining fact is, that the Wright brothers actually flown a catapulted winged device, that could only fly with favourable winds , which was actually not very different from what you would get with a hot air balloon.

Dumond flew an actual plane, that could take of on its own power.

The only problem with the Brazilian, is that he was not born in north america because if he had, nobody would have ever talk about any Wright brothers.

The funniest demonstration of the flaws of the Wright's model can be seen 100 years later with president Bush presiding the 100 years cerimony.

he was told to leave before the 100% exact replica was demonstrated, because there was a great chance the device would not get airborne.

In fact, the president was saved fron an embarassment.

100 years later, tha replica, did not fly. :D

The Wright brothers didn't have a plane, they had a much better equipment. They had Hollywood, and that is the greatest dream factory in the world.

And dreams make the world fly.

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

Santos Dumond was living in Paris, in the middle of the most air-enthusiast crowd in the world. There is no information about anyone actully denying that he did it years before.

The remaining fact is, that the Wright brothers actually flown a catapulted winged device, that could only fly with favourable winds , which was actually not very different from what you would get with a hot air balloon.

The only problem with the Brazilian, is that he was not born in north america because if he had, nobody would have ever talk about any Wright brothers.

The funniest demonstration of the flaws of the Wright's model can be seen 100 years later with president Bush presiding the 100 years cerimony.

he was told to leave before the 100% exact replica was demonstrated, because there was a great chance the device would not get airborne.

The Wright brothers didn't have a plane, they had a much better equipment. They had Hollywood, and that is the greatest dream factory in the world.

i love you

you is my boyfriend now

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts

Nice, but there's one issue: the wright flyer flew in 1903, and Santos Dumont flew in 1906.

Santos Dumont's 1906 flight was certified in France as having flown 197 feet at a height of 16 feet, admittedly longer and higher than the wright brothers first flight.

However, the wright flyer's 1903 flight was by no means the Wright Brother's only flight. by 1904 they had built the Flyer II, capable of flying much farther and higher. In November of 1904, it flew over 2 miles around Huffman Prairie, and by 1905, the Flyer III had certified flights of over 20 miles. All before Santos Dumont even got a plane to fly 200 feet.

Santos Dumont wasn't first. End of story.

UbxSbIt.png

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
If y’all are gonna s*** on America and Americans then at least be accurate about it

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Then I guess aircraft launched off CATOBAR style carriers aren’t airplanes either then

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts
when santos dumont saw his creation being used as a killing machine in world war one, he committed suicide and what about the wright brothers? total apathy. WHY? because wasn't their creation and they didn't care if it was used to kill people. and that not only prove that they didn't fly first but also prove that THEY STOLE SANTOS DUMONT CREATION

and I rest my case

G.J.

G.J.

• 1,462 posts

when santos dumont saw his creation being used as a killing machine in world war one, he committed suicide and what about the wright brothers? total apathy. WHY? because wasn't their creation and they didn't care if it was used to kill people. and that not only prove that they didn't fly first but also prove that THEY STOLE SANTOS DUMONT CREATION

and I rest my case

The first problem with your 'case' is that it is completely and utterly factually incorrect. The Wright Brothers saw their invention as fire; It could be dangerous, but regardless, it would advance humanity. Also, your whole argument rests on the 'X, therefore Y' fallacy. And what that means is you take a piece of 'evidence' and tie it to a claim that is completely unrelated.

I'd also like to point out that the Wright Brothers did NOT use a catapult; it was simply a rail. In all photos there is no equipment that could possibly be a catapult. Even if it was,

Then I guess aircraft launched off CATOBAR style carriers aren’t airplanes either then

G.J.

G.J.

• 1,462 posts

You know what else didn’t fly? Santos Dumont before the Wright Brothers.

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

The first problem with your 'case' is that it is completely and utterly factually incorrect. The Wright Brothers saw their invention as fire; It could be dangerous, but regardless, it would advance humanity. Also, your whole argument rests on the 'X, therefore Y' fallacy. And what that means is you take a piece of 'evidence' and tie it to a claim that is completely unrelated.

irony

[ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-]
noun, plural i·ro·nies.
  1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning:the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
  2. Literature .
    1. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude oppositeto that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
    2. (especially in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression tocontradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., especially as a means of indicatingdetachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.
  3. Socratic irony.

G.J.

G.J.

• 1,462 posts
i just realized I got r/wooooshed

That might be the longest it’s ever taken for me to realize a roast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users