Photo

Why are combi aircraft even in this game?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Veigar

Veigar

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

User's Awards

And why do all of the 747-400 variants have the same loadfactor as the 747-400D? It makes the 747-8i irrelevant. 

Just wanted to know if any of you ever bother with combi airplanes. 

Leebro

Leebro

the neglected ae gallery person

• 125 posts

User's Awards

First off, I'm well aware we are in the same discord server but I got some consequences so ehh...

Anyways, the 747-400 and its Domestic variant, have their max seats as such because of the exit limit of the 747-400. And considering from our chats in discord that you operate in the US, I highly recommend you get the 747-400D for these reasons:

1. It is cheaper by about 10 million
2. Despite its short range, It needs roughly half of the minimum required runway length for it to use
3. It has a shorter a turn time. And because I know you want to maximize your profits, this is quite important as those 10 minutes can matter if you will use up all the 140 hours needed.

Now on the 747-8I, it is still relevant. Here's why:

1. You use a lesser amount of runway you need
2. While I do get that its exit limit is smaller, you have greater range than the 747-400
3. Your engine is very efficient, like about 20000 less on the fuel flow while flying at roughly the same speed

If you have anything against this, you can DM me through discord.

And lastly, I don't bother with Combi planes unless airline empires have a Cargo segment which in the current state it is in, does not.

leebro.png| Owner of Singa Pacific Airways |

v35n

v35n

Hi

• 224 posts

User's Awards

THe 747-400D is not a combo aircraft. It should be the 747-400M (which is useless)
The 747-400D is great for large airports with short runways (like Chicago Midway MDW), where you might want to do longer haul flights across the Atlantic

sfk

sfk

AE Addict To-Be

• 20 posts

User's Awards

You can use 747-400D on very short routes, and if you do it right, you can be the top airline in your world.

v35n

v35n

Hi

• 224 posts

User's Awards

Actually the 747-409 is better than the 747-400D at most routes, but I feel the main advantage is the short runway and the long range. You could do a flight from Key West to London as the 747-400D really has an extremely short runway requirement

davedave

davedave

AE Know It All

• 140 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

https://en.wikipedia...ng_707#707-320C

The 707-320C has a convertible passenger–freight configuration, which became the most widely produced variant of the 707. [...] Ironically, most −320Cs were delivered as passenger aircraft, airlines hoping that the cargo door would increase second-hand values.

Some people want to use the same aircraft as in the real world, regardless of whether they're 'best' by some other criteria.

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts
cargo never happened. So combi is useless. I think it was there for the future that never happened.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Airline LARPing essentially

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users