Saro7z

Saro7z

• 8 posts

User's Awards

Why dont they get banned?

Attached Files

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

Emperor of AE - Most Trophies, Undefeated. Universally beloved.

• 342 posts

User's Awards

60    63    143    14    3   

Such an action would contradict the will of The Emperor and is therefore unimaginable.

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

20    15    9    2   

Such an action would contradict the will of The Emperor and is therefore unimaginable.

LOL! ALL HAIL THE EMPEROR!!

:plane:

davedave

davedave

AE Know It All

• 140 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

Why should they? Why don't people who complain about how other people play the game get banned?

v35n

v35n

Hi

• 224 posts

User's Awards

I actually sort of agree since it is so annoying. Taking up the top 5 places or so in a world is absolutely annoying as it prevents people from getting into the top 5 and getting the awards. It also hinders people who actually want to build and develop their airline properly.
What the developers should do is to get rid of their airline, as banning their account is a bit too excessive.
Another thing we should take into consideration is how busy the developers are. Remember when the game worlds didn’t reset?

Saro7z

Saro7z

• 8 posts

User's Awards

I actually sort of agree since it is so annoying. Taking up the top 5 places or so in a world is absolutely annoying as it prevents people from getting into the top 5 and getting the awards. It also hinders people who actually want to build and develop their airline properly.
What the developers should do is to get rid of their airline, as banning their account is a bit too excessive.
Another thing we should take into consideration is how busy the developers are. Remember when the game worlds didn’t reset?

Yeah exactly what I wanted to say with that (my english isnt really good) ^^
I can totally understand but it isnt really much work to code that such airlines get for example deleted.(its just checking the fleet size and the ariports) <--- super basic :/

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3    2       4      

Ahhhh I see you have met the emperor. His infinite wisdom makes his empire impenetrable. I am his most humble servant and disciple. 

PingPong

PingPong

Dormant and Highly Sarcastic

• 1,206 posts

Don’t bother wasting your breath. It never works.
post-80164-0-63668800-1520707454.png
Member, Vice-President, and Website Developer of Universal Alliance

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

20    15    9    2   

If you don't want to play against The Emperor, there are other games worlds. if you don't want to play against other players like him, that might be unfortunate, because we're all looking for those other game worlds too!

Stormbringer748

Stormbringer748

Old Warbird

• 13 posts

I've only recently found AE, so my experience and comments are limited, but given the sole objective of the game is to finish with the highest evaluation, "spamliners" as you call them are just doing what it takes to achieve that goal. I get there are those out there who approach the game with a level of realism, but until the objectives of AE change, so evaluation isn't the only mechanism to achieve greatness, "spamliners" will continue to play the game as it was designed. You can't fault them for that. You'd need to implement sweeping changes that take into account various aspects of RL Airlines, because if it was just about squeezing profits out of an aircraft, without any other considerations, they'd be dropping out of the sky like nobodies business. I'd prefer a more realistic approach, more complexity, but that takes time and money and I'm not entirely sure the developers/owners are swimming in it. Just my 2 cents.

Qantas Airways, founded in November 1920, is the flag carrier of Australia, is the third oldest airline in the world and co-founder of the Oneworld Alliance. Since introducing the B707 Jetliner to our fleet, back in 1959, we have sustained the reputation of being the world's safest airline. QANTAS operates over 300 aircraft that service over 100 destinations, both domestic and international, and continues to explore new markets in the forever changing landscape that is the passenger airline industry.

fb861d28827a3c680380ee98371eb70c.png

KMRobinson318

KMRobinson318

Not a spamliner

• 115 posts

I've only recently found AE, so my experience and comments are limited, but given the sole objective of the game is to finish with the highest evaluation, "spamliners" as you call them are just doing what it takes to achieve that goal. I get there are those out there who approach the game with a level of realism, but until the objectives of AE change, so evaluation isn't the only mechanism to achieve greatness, "spamliners" will continue to play the game as it was designed. You can't fault them for that. You'd need to implement sweeping changes that take into account various aspects of RL Airlines, because if it was just about squeezing profits out of an aircraft, without any other considerations, they'd be dropping out of the sky like nobodies business. I'd prefer a more realistic approach, more complexity, but that takes time and money and I'm not entirely sure the developers/owners are swimming in it. Just my 2 cents.

Firstly, that's not the "sole objective" of the game; different players have different ways of playing and different measures of success. I tend to play with something approaching realistic seating layouts and realistic IFS, and if you play your cards right you can build an airline that way. You probably won't ever get to number 1 on valuation - I never have - but not everyone bothers about that and it's perfectly possible to play that way. Other players choose to go for unrealistically dense seating layouts, scam IFS etc which would never work in real life. Sometimes they succeed, but they can also fail just as easily as I can if they're not watching the competition. Not to mention that it's way more satisfying for the rest of us to put a spamliner out of business, or force them to close down a route, than it is with a non-spamliner...

"I'm not ashamed of the things I've done; I took the plane when I should have run" - Stuart Adamson

davedave

davedave

AE Know It All

• 140 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

The idea of AE is that it's not too 'tight' on money, so you can do things the way you want and run little airlines on odd routes, or whatever you fancy. The flip side of that, though, is that you can make ridiculous amounts of cash if that's what you want to do.

I've never understood why anyone cares what other players get up to, though.

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

This Sh!t's still going on?

Stormbringer748

Stormbringer748

Old Warbird

• 13 posts

Firstly, that's not the "sole objective" of the game; different players have different ways of playing and different measures of success. I tend to play with something approaching realistic seating layouts and realistic IFS, and if you play your cards right you can build an airline that way. You probably won't ever get to number 1 on valuation - I never have - but not everyone bothers about that and it's perfectly possible to play that way. Other players choose to go for unrealistically dense seating layouts, scam IFS etc which would never work in real life. Sometimes they succeed, but they can also fail just as easily as I can if they're not watching the competition. Not to mention that it's way more satisfying for the rest of us to put a spamliner out of business, or force them to close down a route, than it is with a non-spamliner...

I have to concede that you are correct, if the definition of winning is approaching the game with a level of realism, maintaining your chosen market and being content with that, but unfortunately, strictly speaking, awards are not given for that approach, I wish they were, but they're not, unless of course as you suggested you join forces and monopolise the market, but that in itself makes you no better than the "spamliner", you just end up being a bunch of bullies, justifying your actions based on the purists approach. Don't get me wrong, in my mind both approaches have their own merits, but let's not pretend one is better than the other. As I said, unless awards are based on several factors and not just simply valuations, I don't see things changing anytime soon.

The idea of AE is that it's not too 'tight' on money, so you can do things the way you want and run little airlines on odd routes, or whatever you fancy. The flip side of that, though, is that you can make ridiculous amounts of cash if that's what you want to do.

I've never understood why anyone cares what other players get up to, though.

I agree, we're all different and approach the game with varying points of view. Being content doing your own thing is rewarding, but if your approach on playing AE causes frustration, mix things up a little, try a different starting point. There are so many ways to get ahead in this game, it just requires time and dedication to carve out your own niche market.

P.S. under the routes tab, next to the specific route, there's a pin to the left and I can't figure out what it does?

Qantas Airways, founded in November 1920, is the flag carrier of Australia, is the third oldest airline in the world and co-founder of the Oneworld Alliance. Since introducing the B707 Jetliner to our fleet, back in 1959, we have sustained the reputation of being the world's safest airline. QANTAS operates over 300 aircraft that service over 100 destinations, both domestic and international, and continues to explore new markets in the forever changing landscape that is the passenger airline industry.

KMRobinson318

KMRobinson318

Not a spamliner

• 115 posts

I have to concede that you are correct, if the definition of winning is approaching the game with a level of realism, maintaining your chosen market and being content with that, but unfortunately, strictly speaking, awards are not given for that approach, I wish they were, but they're not, unless of course as you suggested you join forces and monopolise the market, but that in itself makes you no better than the "spamliner", you just end up being a bunch of bullies, justifying your actions based on the purists approach. Don't get me wrong, in my mind both approaches have their own merits, but let's not pretend one is better than the other. As I said, unless awards are based on several factors and not just simply valuations, I don't see things changing anytime soon.

I agree, we're all different and approach the game with varying points of view. Being content doing your own thing is rewarding, but if your approach on playing AE causes frustration, mix things up a little, try a different starting point. There are so many ways to get ahead in this game, it just requires time and dedication to carve out your own niche market.

P.S. under the routes tab, next to the specific route, there's a pin to the left and I can't figure out what it does?

The pin sends that route tab to the top of your list; all routes you pin will then be the first ones you see on page 1 of the Routes list. Useful if you find yourself part-way through adding aircraft to a particular route (or replacing aircraft)...

P.S. I never said anything about joining forces!

"I'm not ashamed of the things I've done; I took the plane when I should have run" - Stuart Adamson

Stormbringer748

Stormbringer748

Old Warbird

• 13 posts

My bad Mr Robinson, I misread your original reply. Cheers for clearing my pin saga up, makes sense and I'm already finding it useful for when there are competitors on an established route.

KMRobinson318

KMRobinson318

Not a spamliner

• 115 posts

Anyway, joining forces with other players would only be especially effective if the whole airline alliance concept worked more like it does in real life. In game terms the usefulness of alliances seems to be limited to gaining a few extra reputation points...

Stormbringer748

Stormbringer748

Old Warbird

• 13 posts

You just cleared up my next question regarding alliances, which is unfortunate, because if they actually functioned somewhat similar to real life you could get some very interesting market plays taking shape. Dare I say it but maybe in the next update? I'm trolling sorry, but what is the current situation with the game? I understand the original architect maybe no longer with us, but is there someone working towards an update or is this it, for ever and a day?

KMRobinson318

KMRobinson318

Not a spamliner

• 115 posts

I'm not the person to ask about new game updates; I have absolutely zero involvement there and don't know anyone who does...

nihat141

nihat141

• 1 posts

Spamliner must be banned from game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users