Photo

How is 600 gates possible before the game even starts?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

georgecollier

georgecollier

• 2 posts

How is it possible that before the game even starts, someone has 600 gates in two airports?

2fc832655a207cfb894ff7d97a3f50c5.png

365b1d4bb2638688f769dbf6615ec5e7.png

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3    2       4      

It's because that airport probably has no or very little demand so building a terminal like that would not cost very much. 

georgecollier

georgecollier

• 2 posts

It's because that airport probably has no or very little demand so building a terminal like that would not cost very much. 

There's a limit of 200 gates on all airports.

v35n

v35n

Hi

• 224 posts

User's Awards

I see all the really big airlines in R5 all have ridiculously large terminals, such as the No.1 airline, and it has 805 gates at Amsterdam. The Chinese carriers all have terminals exceeding 200. HOw did they do it? I wasn’t once a victim of the 200 gate limit (remember Air France at Parian charles de Gaulle) which in the end caused my airline to liquidate, and how do these airlines have such big terminals?!

Poodle

Poodle

AE Addict To-Be

• 10 posts

User's Awards

Look at the airline history.  There is something going on with opening, expanding, closing, and opening terminals that is exploiting it and making it surpass the 200 gate limit.  Also, what is behind the weird choice of airports?  There is some serious high IQ spam strategy going on here, considering his other airlines.

QioVlbP.jpg

Veigar

Veigar

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

User's Awards

Look at the airline history.  There is something going on with opening, expanding, closing, and opening terminals that is exploiting it and making it surpass the 200 gate limit.  Also, what is behind the weird choice of airports?  There is some serious high IQ spam strategy going on here, considering his other airlines.

QioVlbP.jpg

Yeah, just an exploit that probably won't ever be fixed lol

Poodle

Poodle

AE Addict To-Be

• 10 posts

User's Awards

You buy and sell terminals for more than they're worth.  That's why he buys gates at nowhere airports and why he is sitting #1 in valuation despite only having 1 active plane.

v35n

v35n

Hi

• 224 posts

User's Awards

Oh my god that’s such a big exploit
I wish they didn’t have the limit or these airlines like his exploit the game and reduces the fun of it, making it practically impossible to get No.1

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      
Owning more than 200 Gates is not an exploit, contrary to what many players think.

While it is true that a player may only buy a max of 200 Gates at once, there is nothing prohibiting one from acquiring as many gates at once as one desires, providing you purchase all those gates BEFORE putting a single route at the purchased gates.

The key to understanding how this is actually done is to observe the following:
1) You may only purchase a maximum of 200 Gates to own.
2) If some player sells his/her Gates, then the player who already has 0 or more gates can EXPAND the number of Gates he/she currently has by buying the terminal that is on the market.
3) Anyone can create a terminal with up to 200 Gates, sell that terminal, create another terminal, and sell that terminal's Gates also, and can do such as many times as one wants.

However, if you already own 200 Gates, you cannot CREATE more Gates to sell to the market!

So in order to own say, 600 Gates, here is what you must do:
Before putting any routes on the airport you wish to acquire and expand Gates at, you must Create a Terminal with 200 Gates;
Then sell that Terminal to the market (you now own 0 Gates).
Then Create a 200-Gate Terminal and immediately sell it also to the market. (There now sits two terminals with a total of 200 Gates each on the Market, and again you own no Gates).
Next, do the previous step one more time, and you now have 3 Terminals on the Market, and again, you currently own 0 Gates!
Finally, Buy the Terminals, one after the other from the Market, and then you have an expanded Terminal with a total of 600 Gates.

You are done!

It's not an exploit because ANY player can do this, not just a select few (provided one has the funds to do so).

One caveat, however: Some worlds you aren't able to do the creation yourself (but you can still expand if some other player actually sells his/her Terminal to the Market) - example: O1 and a couple of the R-worlds [I forget which].

Note that if you are in one of the worlds where you can do the sequential Create-Sell, Create-Sell, etc, you must do it all in advance of having pre-existing routes hang off that Terminal. So you must decide IN ADVANCE how many Gates you wish to ultimately own.

Hope this info clears up things for everyone.

AirMarshall

AirMarshall

Commander in Chief

• 15 posts

User's Awards

The weird part in this is that at airports like Boulder City or Delta Municipal there is literally no terminal value. I tried it out with expanding a terminal to 400 gates but the terminal value was very low even at 400 gates. I wonder how he can still have such a big valuation. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users