Photo

Gauging Interest for an North American Design competition

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

pinksnowbirdie

pinksnowbirdie

Aurora Borealis

• 88 posts
So as we await results for the European competition. I figured id take the opportunity to ask if anyone would be interested in helping judge for a North American design competition.
I'm from Minnesota so yeah lol.
If someone wants to help judge this hopefully someone from the US east coast, US West coast, Canada, Mexico and any of the islands in the region or if we get someone from South/Central America we could make it an americas competition.
I will be working on the format for the competition to be ready in about a week to two weeks from now. Hopefully I can Garner some interest in the meanwhile and get some judges since edge recommend I get some judges instead of it being entirely poll based.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

I'm waiting for this competition to start. Maybe you should PM some of the members who have posted liveries in the gallery section. They tend to have more experience compared to the other member since they have done liveries for longer.

G.J.

G.J.

• 1,462 posts

I'd be interested in participating as a competitor, but I'm not experienced enough to judge.

Venture Co-Owner | Aloft Staff | Ex-Polaris Member | Unitedwings Co-Owner | Dynasty World Alliance Member

Bacon

Bacon

AE Luver

• 275 posts

I'm waiting for this competition to start. Maybe you should PM some of the members who have posted liveries in the gallery section. They tend to have more experience compared to the other member since they have done liveries for longer.

That would ruin the entertainment factor :P

N664US

N664US

Taking a break.

• 93 posts

My main issue with a North American livery contest is that most people already have a North American airline in the gallery. Assuming that you can't post pre-made liveries, you'd have to create your own, which is difficult when most major cities are already the hubs for 2+ pre-existing carriers. You'd end up stepping on a lot of people's toes.

ISh4RPm.jpg

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

My main issue with a North American livery contest is that most people already have a North American airline in the gallery. Assuming that you can't post pre-made liveries, you'd have to create your own, which is difficult when most major cities are already the hubs for 2+ pre-existing carriers. You'd end up stepping on a lot of people's toes.

One reason why I shun the US as a country to start an airline brand to add to my portfolio. The only ones I have are a German airline (Interluft) and a Vietnamese airline (Air Hanoi).

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

One reason why I shun the US as a country to start an airline brand to add to my portfolio. The only ones I have are a German airline (Interluft) and a Vietnamese airline (Air Hanoi).

And your Uzbek one.

And your Moroccan one.

And your Indian one.

And your South African one.

siggie3.png

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

And your Uzbek one.

And your Moroccan one.

And your Indian one.

And your South African one.

I deleted those airlines from my gallery, you know. Either they ended up not looking as I expected or others said they were not done with enough soul.

pinksnowbirdie

pinksnowbirdie

Aurora Borealis

• 88 posts

smh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users