make connecting passenger demand show on the market research chart

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Adrian Burke

Adrian Burke

AE Player

• 34 posts

For example, if I had a hub in SLC and a flight to SFO, even if the demand is low I could get high loadfactor from connecting passengers. But, I won't know how many flights to add, and I will have to mess around for a bit to figure it out. Instead, the connecting passengers should be included in the daily demand.

5280_Av8r

5280_Av8r

• 265 posts

User's Awards

No, the daily demand is between those cities only, and plus it would be different for every airline as not every airline has the same number of flights, passengers, etc. If you want to see how many connecting pax there could be, look at the small destinations you fly to from your hub, look at the demand between those medium/small destinations and the other airport, then that's about how many connecting pax you could get, realistically. 

Maybe if they had a separate bar that was labeled potential connecting pax for your airline that was based on factors like your other flights from the hub, number of pax on those flights, number of flights, etc...But your also not guaranteed those pax. This way it doesn't become part of the demand, but I still don't see it happening.

Adrian Burke

Adrian Burke

AE Player

• 34 posts

I would have the blue bar as daily demand and a green bar on top of it for connecting pax

Randallator

Randallator

Train Fan

• 337 posts

User's Awards

No, the daily demand is between those cities only, and plus it would be different for every airline as not every airline has the same number of flights, passengers, etc. If you want to see how many connecting pax there could be, look at the small destinations you fly to from your hub, look at the demand between those medium/small destinations and the other airport, then that's about how many connecting pax you could get, realistically. 

Maybe if they had a separate bar that was labeled potential connecting pax for your airline that was based on factors like your other flights from the hub, number of pax on those flights, number of flights, etc...But your also not guaranteed those pax. This way it doesn't become part of the demand, but I still don't see it happening.

I've had 2000% Connecting pax on routes before

2rLn142.pngmsg-26818-0-86969200-1392319731.png

#aerlingus&ryanairworldbestairline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users