Yuxi, it's time to up your game...

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

Ahem,

Before I state my argument, I should at first recognize the skillful work Yuxi has done to get AE to the point at which it is now. I should also let everyone know that I only propose this in appreciation of Yuxi's time spent in the past on AE and the hope that AE remains successful in the future. Now, onto my argument.

In the recent past, many of my start up airlines have been made unprofitable by a great number of spamlines. I wouldn't be nearly as rattled by this had it occurred in a beginner or special world, but my issue has been happening in the "REALISTIC" worlds. It doesn't seem fair to the people who are here to play the game in a somewhat prototypical manner when spamlines and players who exploit artificial pax. inflation take advantage of every possible route. This forces members like yours truly to resort to relying on low fares and a somewhat decent IFE/IFS (name one airline that's truly ULCC but maintains 5-star service). This fails me 9/10 times, so I am forced to declare bankruptcy and restart the process often. Yuxi (or anyone with the potential of having this power), I come asking for a modicum of regulation and moderation over the game worlds, for the sake of the members who are sick and tired of running into this problem. And at what cost is it to the community? I'm not asking for moderation of every world. Just the "realistic" ones. There is much less opposition to spamline practices than there is support of regulating airlines, and members who have stuck with the game for great lengths of time are really getting sick of it [spamlining] and it's time to put an end to it.

Zy

BV6atB1.jpg

og EKPO

og EKPO

Longtime AE Player

• 100 posts

Complete & full support. The community has largely wasted away, and those of us who are left are dedicated, but old, players. We need to have AE 3.2.0 Alpha by a small step, and not overdo things in creating a potentially unusable & glitchy AE 4.0 Alpha.

Guest_Adam0896_*

Guest_Adam0896_*
  • Guests

I'm going to just be blunt, honest, and straight forward with you guys.

The realization is that we are pretty much never going to see another update to Airline Empires. The motivation to go back to it and update it, from those who are currently able to do so, is virtually non-existent. Reason being that the majority of people tasked with developing and keeping AE updated have lives now, and likely don't have the time anymore for AE, that's just life. It's reassuring to know that there are still people here genuinely hopeful that change will come. But, if I must be honest with you, you're better off cashing in your next check on lottery tickets.

P.S., Telling somebody to "up their game" is not going to magically make them do it, contrary to popular belief. Many have posted topics like this, and each and every one has fallen on deaf ears, I don't see how this post would be any different :(.

pinksnowbirdie

pinksnowbirdie

Aurora Borealis

• 88 posts

I've been on this site off and on in some fashion a couple times since before this account was created. Lost access to the old one. :shrug: oh well.

I would really love to see an end to spamliners

Actually idk much about programming but I can't imagine it'd be that hard to restrict the number of airlines per player in the realistic worlds.

I fortunately haven't had too much trouble with the spamliners too much, I mean I have a bit of a vendetta against them.

But my airline is currently around 121st place on r(alpha) and it turns a decent profit. I am starting to run into the biggest spam liner on that server with some routes to ATL which sucks but eh it just kills the profitability of my MD-88s which aren't too costly to operate.

My thinking is when I retire planes, I may cut losses and just scrap them over selling them because that's where the spam liners like to get most of their planes from.

I mean when I retire my turning 10 year old A320 fleet for 737-800s I'm gonna have a hard time scrapping them but if I know a spam liner is just going to get a hold of it, what's the difference?

Yeah it means more money for me but more importantly it means more stock for those type of people and it's a choice I'm not looking forward to making I'm not entirely taking it off the table as I may try starting up another airline that doesn't fail like one I tried making in Canada did. I wished it was easier to transfer planes and maybe even money to other airlines you run in a server.

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

You selfish little man

If You're Reading This It's Too Late

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

15    19    9    2   

A couple of things:

1. There is always the "1 hub limit" gameworld. The blue pax megalines wont go there because the gameplan doesn't work anywhere near as good (although not completely dead) with only one hub. Feel free to flourish realistic airlines there.

2.  Blue pax megalines don't need the green pax. So in reality, as far as this game can be called reality, once they get up to full speed they shouldn't have any impact on "realistic" airlines competing for the green pax.

3.  The problematic "spamlines" are the ones that charge $1 fares. They're the ones who ruin it for the other players. They should be named & shamed, because you don't need to do that to build a big airline. The reputable megalines will compete fairly for the green pax in the initial phase, before moving solely onto the connecting blue pax.

4.  Never be intimidated or afraid to actually contact a megaline operator directly to talk about your grievances or concerns. Or just ask them how the heck they do it & maybe you'll learn something. If we choose to tell you that is.... :D

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

This is structured like a Star Citizen reddit post

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

This is structured like a Star Citizen reddit post

hahaha:drool: there ARE people like me!!!! :awesome:

but i'm not asking for new codes or an update. i'm just asking for someone with the authority of moderating game worlds to do something about spamliners in the "realistic" worlds. i don't care if it's yuxi or maestro or anyone else. if anything, i'd be much more contempt and happy with someone who is actually active in the community to get the chance to moderate game worlds. 

BV6atB1.jpg

Guest_Adam0896_*

Guest_Adam0896_*
  • Guests

hahaha:drool: there ARE people like me!!!! :awesome:

but i'm not asking for new codes or an update. i'm just asking for someone with the authority of moderating game worlds to do something about spamliners in the "realistic" worlds. i don't care if it's yuxi or maestro or anyone else. if anything, i'd be much more contempt and happy with someone who is actually active in the community to get the chance to moderate game worlds. 

Again, NONE are going to do a thing about it. I don't know how many times it'll take people to realize this won't happen.

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts
Sadly enough, even though I wish this would happen, Vision’s right. Having an active community and some sort of fix to spamlines and scumlines would really be awesome, but I don’t know anyone who will do it. Trust me, I’ve wanted this for ages, but it probably will never happen. Part of why I’m gone from AE (among other reasons).

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

Sadly enough, even though I wish this would happen, Vision’s right. Having an active community and some sort of fix to spamlines and scumlines would really be awesome, but I don’t know anyone who will do it. Trust me, I’ve wanted this for ages, but it probably will never happen. Part of why I’m gone from AE (among other reasons).

You may be gone from AE, but I simply like the game how it is :)

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

bruh its been the same for like more than half a decade like get new people to code

Mencjusz13

Mencjusz13

AE Addict To-Be

• 23 posts

Although I'm new in the game, I don't understand the argument that the current developers have their own lives and this game cannot move forward.

Firstly, every long-term game or app has generational change; old players or developers move on, fresh ones come in.

Secondly, that's the purpose of the community! To find people that would be willing to take 1h out of their life and help the current development team. I mean, what is the problem with this approach? I see it more like protectionism of the game by current developers so that no one will touch it with their dirty hands. This is a recipe for disaster in the future.

Thirdly, as I mentioned elsewhere, if the problem is money, turn on donation option.

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Although I'm new in the game, I don't understand the argument that the current developers have their own lives and this game cannot move forward.
Firstly, every long-term game or app has generational change; old players or developers move on, fresh ones come in.
Secondly, that's the purpose of the community! To find people that would be willing to take 1h out of their life and help the current development team. I mean, what is the problem with this approach? I see it more like protectionism of the game by current developers so that no one will touch it with their dirty hands. This is a recipe for disaster in the future.
Thirdly, as I mentioned elsewhere, if the problem is money, turn on donation option.

Somewhat easier said than done. Try talking to our dev, Yuxi. He’s not gonna give anyone control of the code, and there is no organized group trying to be a new developer group (from what I’ve seen at least)

Mencjusz13

Mencjusz13

AE Addict To-Be

• 23 posts

Somewhat easier said than done. Try talking to our dev, Yuxi. He’s not gonna give anyone control of the code, and there is no organized group trying to be a new developer group (from what I’ve seen at least)

Initiative should be from current developer, not unformed new developer group. I would suggest having private section within forum, inviate several people who could write right here that they want to help. Discuss and try.

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

Initiative should be from current developer, not unformed new developer group. I would suggest having private section within forum, inviate several people who could write right here that they want to help. Discuss and try.

clearly, you didn't get the memo that he basically is irrelevant, and that this would be my final plea before i initiate a coup :machinegun:

BV6atB1.jpg

Randallator

Randallator

Train Fan

• 337 posts

User's Awards

A couple of things:

1. There is always the "1 hub limit" gameworld. The blue pax megalines wont go there because the gameplan doesn't work anywhere near as good (although not completely dead) with only one hub. Feel free to flourish realistic airlines there.

2.  Blue pax megalines don't need the green pax. So in reality, as far as this game can be called reality, once they get up to full speed they shouldn't have any impact on "realistic" airlines competing for the green pax.

3.  The problematic "spamlines" are the ones that charge $1 fares. They're the ones who ruin it for the other players. They should be named & shamed, because you don't need to do that to build a big airline. The reputable megalines will compete fairly for the green pax in the initial phase, before moving solely onto the connecting blue pax.

4.  Never be intimidated or afraid to actually contact a megaline operator directly to talk about your grievances or concerns. Or just ask them how the heck they do it & maybe you'll learn something. If we choose to tell you that is.... :D

$1 depends on the route, Rdelta used to get so full (maybe it still does I don't know, haven't been in that world in a while) on LHR-CDG that $1 was the only price that was left, also I believe Yuxi or someone told me in the past that $1 apparently has no affect on passengers with regards to other airlines(don't quote me as it could have changed) 

2rLn142.pngmsg-26818-0-86969200-1392319731.png

#aerlingus&ryanairworldbestairline

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

clearly, you didn't get the memo that he basically is irrelevant, and that this would be my final plea before i initiate a coup :machinegun:

Only thing you could initiate a coup on is which side of the bed you wake up in the morning...

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Superman

Superman

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,507 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Only thing you could initiate a coup on is which side of the bed you wake up in the morning...

:lol:

dead pigeon?

dead pigeon?

nobody's friend

• 140 posts

wow summer AE is really inactive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users