• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

S K Y

S K Y

None of anyone's interest

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   

SkySwimmer | Nour Al-Arabiya | United Arab Emirates | AUH - Abu Dhabi International Airport

m42NyHM.png

About the Airline

Nour Al-Arabiya, or simply known as Nour, is an airline based in Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH), United Arab Emirates. The airline operates from its two hubs in AUH and Sharjah International Airport (SHJ). The destinations served are mostly in Middle East, North Africa, South Asia, and parts of Europe; whilst also fly long-hauls to North America, East and Southeast Asia, and Australia.

Fleet

Nour's fleet exclusively consists of Boeing aircrafts, which includes 737 MAX 8, 777-200LR, 777-300, 777-300ER, 787-8, and 787-9. The fleet will grow in the future with the airline order of Boeing 737 MAX 9, 737 MAX 200, and more 777-300ER and 787-9. Nour's fleet is considered one of the most modern airline fleet in the world. 

4F94gGj.png

rWr4683.png

Trevor de Verteuil

Trevor de Verteuil

AE Player

• 52 posts

TREVOR DE VERTEUIL | MOROCCAN AIR | MOROCCO | CMN - MOHAMMAED V INTERNATIONAL (CASABLANCA) 

2HjZG4j.png

JOURNEY TO THE KINGDOM

Moroccan Air is the reincarnation of government owned full-service carrier Royal Air Maroc (RAM) post acquisition by Qatar Airways in 2017. The mission for this new airline is ambitious due to its unique nature. The African continent is ripe for increased competition and affordable airfares from North America and Europe, leading to an important question: “If you could fly from Los Angeles to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for less than $1000 USD, would you go?”

Well welcome aboard! Or as they say in Casablanca, مرحبا بكم على متن. Moroccan makes Africa more accessible to the rest of the world while still offering similar premium services to its parent airline, Qatar Airways. This is accomplished by utilizing Casablanca as a stopover HUB with onward connections to over 20 African destinations and counting. Mohammed V International Airport is perfectly positioned on the Northwest Coast of Africa, enabling the carrier to use a narrowbody fleet for lower-density destinations on the Eastern Coast of North America and far south within the African continent.

Moroccan’s mainline fleet consists of 5 Bombardier CS100s, 10 Bombardier CS300s, 31 Boeing 737 MAX 8s, 10 Boeing 737 MAX 9s, 9 Boeing 787-8s, and 5 Boeing 787-9s. The carrier also operates regional routes with a fleet of 8 Bombardier Q-400s. To compete with European discount leisure carriers, Moroccan also operates a low-cost subsidiary carrier called MarocGo with a fleet of 11 Boeing 737-8 MAXs.

CY23tlf.png

Boing the Ostrich

Boing the Ostrich

AE's Arab Bird

• 946 posts

User's Awards

Due to external personal reasons, the announcement that the deadline has passed was not posted on the 5th as scheduled. However, there are entries from past the deadline.

To remedy this, it is decided that entries will no longer be accepted as of now, correct to (24:00) CET of July 6th. 

All entries made before this time shall be accepted.

Furthermore, as of this post (#23), discussion or other similar commentaries of the entries will be allowed. This means rule 9 of the contest has reached its condition "replies posted after submission time will not be deleted." Please note that posts that are irrelevant or inappropriate are still subject to moderation.

Lastly, we would like to thank all the contestants for submitting their finest work! 

We apologize for any inconvenience. Stay tuned for entry reviews! 

Boing the Ostrich

Boing the Ostrich

AE's Arab Bird

• 946 posts

User's Awards

5742fe4714ecbcc7c05fb244b8bde9cd.jpg

" A Thousand Congratulations!"

The results are in! We would like to thank our participants for your fantastic entries and your patience with all the delays in the competition. We would also like to congratulate the winners of this year's contest! 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

The results shall be posted as follows, each post shall have about 5-8 entries from the bottom rank up with their respective points and a short commentary on the design. further ado, the lowest ranking designs of this year are as follows;

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

{15/40} MUSCATAIR
“Muscatair to me presents a whole host of problems. First of all, I find the overall design incredibly lazy and quite frankly jarring. The tail shows no creatively as there quite literally two blocks of color and the national emblem slapped on top. The billboard style script is bland and uninspired. Meanwhile, the Arabic titles are in every sense wrong. They are backwards, broken apart, and simply say “Sultanate of Oman,” without any reference to the airline name or its titles. My second point of contention is the overall concept of the airline. Sure Middle Eastern hubs can support supercarriers if you stretch their history with a bit of imagination. However, with every ME supercarrier, they serve all the essential destinations first. According to your list Muscat Air does not serve key destinations such as Medina, one of the holiest sites of Islam, and Khartoum, a key source of expatriates in the Sultanate. Meanwhile, the airline serves just about every US state. While it is already a stretch for Oman to sustain such a supercarrier, the imagination component is always weighed against the realism and context of the carrier. In sum, Muscatair delivers a lazy, unrealistic representation of what a Middle Eastern airline should look like.”
{18/40} BAHRAINI
"The very first guideline of this competition was for design entries to be as original as possible. With Bahraini, while I appreciate the effort made into what little that makes it unique, the design is still clearly inspired by Gulf Air. In fact, I would much more willingly accept this design if it was passed as a reimagined Gulf Air or a personal take on its rebranding because everything from the Falcon to the color scheme is just too similar. In addition, the font pairing is as uninspired as the new Gulf Air livery. While I may not be saying that the design in itself is bad, in fact, I quite like it as a reimagined Gulf Air but this design concept is not what this contest is about."

{General Remark 1}  While I am not sure this applies here for certain I would still like to point out the following in the Arabic titles. In short, Arabic differentiates between words that are feminine or masculine, while the demonym Bahraini alone is masculine, in this context the full title in Arabic (with certain words such as or "Airlines") may grammatically force the demonym into the feminine form. An example is Iraqi Air, here the standard English demonym Iraqi is used but in its full titles in Arabic, it is expressed Irāqiyyah, in feminine form. Stylistically, you may either decide to use the English demonym or transliterate the Arabic title such as with Saudia. All in all, there are many factors that influence whether to use which form in Arabic depending on the title used (it differs if you used the Arabic word for Airways, or Airlines ... etc). Of course, this is all advanced Arabic grammar, but the difference of one Arabic letter is what kept you from a perfect Arabic title.

{18/40} AIR ARABIE 
“While I appreciate the novel attempt at naming the airline I have to disagree with the french name and the reasoning behind it. Saudi Arabia does not share the same history with France as other countries in the Middle East do, and French is not widely spoken in the country. While the concept might work in North Africa and Lebanon for example, its application to a Saudi carrier is more confusing than innovative. The titles are horrendous in my opinion for the exaggerated “Middle Eastern” font chosen to represent the English name, while the Arabic titles though grammatically sound are completely bland (Times New Roman of Arabic) and of course do not pair well with the rest of the logo. The double eagles do not help. As for the livery the application of the falcon on the tail shows some promise, but the rest of the design is bogged down with its murky colors and messy incoherent elements. One final piece of critique I have lies in your conceptualization of the airline. Saudi Arabia is a very conservative muslim country that houses the two holiest sites in Islam, and where consuming or producing alcohol is punishable my whips. It does not many any sense whatsoever for a Saudi airline to serve alcohol onboard, regardless of the the duration of the flight  or its destination. In conclusion, the effort is appreciated but this airline is completely insensitive to the history and culture of the county you chose to base it in."
{18/40} AJNIHA
“Ajniha celebrates the naval pride of Kuwait with its flood of blue colors and the lovely abstract falcon logo that goes very well with the overall design. However, I must be quick to point out the similarity I see to the newest Kuwait Airways design, especially with the English titles and the use of a bird logo. Secondly, while “Wings” is a suitable English airline name it does not transliterate well, as it looks heavy and will be easily mispronounced by non-native speakers (some letters do not have an equivalent to English, so when transliterated only approximate letters are used). This is why some airlines that use Wings in their name usually use the English name for their English titles, and reserve “Ajniha” for the Arabic titles: see “Cham Wings.” Meanwhile, the font pairing is not great, with it being written backwards and broken apart not helping the aesthetic either. Arabic is a cursive language written from right to left. All in all, the similarity to Kuwait Airways is just too much for me to love this design as much I could.”
{19/40} PRIMAIR
"Primair, before reading any background info. made me think of a small executive arrear of some sort similar to Privatair and Rotana Jet and I thought the idea was interesting given the high demand for business travel in the gulf, and that would have made Primair unique among the entries so far. While the introduction information does not necessarily say this is the cse, I must assume from the introduction information that Primair is just a another LCC, much to my disappointment. Even as a regular LCC the design does have a premium feel behind it, with the lovely gray gradient effects and the calligraphic Arabic. However, I must point out that the design in general features too many flaws for further praise. First of all, the white tiles on the light gray fuselage make them difficult to read; while the English is somewhat legible the Arabic text I barely even saw. The English font choice is itself not amazing, but I overlooked that to focus on the Arabic titles which are a complete disaster.

{General Remark 2} Arabic is a cursive language written from right to left.

The Arabic titles on the livery are backwards, disconnected, and are in the most boring font imaginable (as stated in other reviews, the Times New Roman of Arabic); mind you, while the white text was already difficult to read the aforementioned errors made reading the titles almost impossible. Thi is besides the fact that the Arabic translation was inaccurate. Furthermore, the choice of tail art is questionable. Arabic calligraphy is generally legible to any native speaker, and if there be difficulties you can usually refer to the English name or the standard Arabic titles to understand the meaning of the artwork. As much as I tried to read the art I must assume you chose a random piece of calligraphy, as beautiful as it is, and slapped it on the tail. I must say that the tail art does look nice, however, as random as it may be. In conclusion, Primair has so much potential for a stunning design and a novel concept, but at this stage the design looks half baked.”

{19/40} ALTAIRA

“I feel like I must look beyond the (mandatory?) genericness of a Low Cost Carrier, but Altaira does not deliver much I am afraid. The color choice is interesting, mixing the luxury of purple with the blue of the water gives it that coastal UAE vibe perhaps but that's as far as it goes. As far as the titles go I can say that the pairing is excellent between the two fonts. On the other hand, the name is inaccurately translated. Altaira is indeed “The Bird” in Arabic but it seems you put in the English transliteration in Google Translate and got an Arabic transliteration of the English word, meaning it is spelled completely incorrectly. Initially the word choice strikes me as strange and awkward, but after really thinking about it could make a cute concept due to the alliteration between Altaira and the Arabic word for airline, among other reasons. In sum the design is not as truly Arabian as one would hope for. Frankly, as far as generic LCC designs go, it might as well be an average one. With a slight reconceptualization, the hidden potential of this airline could really be unlocked.”

{19/40} RIHLA
“Rihla is an odd little design that deserves a lot of praise for the effort put into it, despite its flaws. First of all, the name choice great especially for an LCC, choosing “Trip” in Arabic. However, the titles are altogether very awkward with their misalignment, cases, and the bad font pairing with Arabic on the logo. On the fuselage, the different sized titles also look very awkward. While I understand this is more of a generic LCC, and not many Arabic LCCs employ much to refer to their Arabian culture I am still disappointed in the vaguely Arabian red pattern on the cheatline and tail. In sum, this is a decent concept with a lackluster generic execution. Having said that, because of how generic this airline looks it may serve to function as just that: one of those tiny generic LCCs from random places. I would much rather see this airline based in Yemen, Egypt, or other stranger places than a megahub such as Dubai where a destination of its caliber require a whole different level of design.”
{19/40} TAYIR
“Quite frankly, this design has left me torn. One one hand, the concept is interesting in some ways. On the other hand the execution is unrefined and confusing. For my peace of mind I shall not tackle the historical livery and simply focus on the rebrand. First of all, the titles and the explanation behind them is completely wrong. “طير” — “Tir” with a vowel like in fear — in standard arabic is the imperative form of “fly.” However, in most Arabic dialects (therefore in colloquial language) it is used as the plural form of bird— pronounced “Tayir” or “Tair” with the vowel sound in “dare.” What was done with this design is that the Arabic titles (which should be in standard Arabic) state a verb, while the English titles may refer to a bird? Moreover, the claim that the word also means “Airplane” is inaccurate as well. In sum, you wanted me to think bird, but instead I thought “go fly” and you sort of forced “airplane” somehow? As all these words (fly, flight, airline, bird) have the same root, I hope you can see how it was thoroughly confusing. On the other hand, I have come to appreciate the pearly Eurowhite color scheme chosen as opposed to the more traditional red, the white textured appearance is bold and refreshing in my opinion. However, the typefaces chosen for the titles are disappointing and bland in both languages. In conclusion, there is a lot of confusion with this design that inhibits its potential.”

Boing the Ostrich

Boing the Ostrich

AE's Arab Bird

• 946 posts

User's Awards

The results are in! We would like to thank our participants for your fantastic entries and your patience with all the delays in the competition. The next ranked contestants are as follows.

{20/40} LEBANESE

"The teal color chosen for this livery is a welcome refreshment to the Desert hues and flag colors of other entries, the color evokes the Mediterranean roots of Lebanon well. The peach color I am not sure worked as well as intended, though it is quite okay as a cheatline it clashes too much as the font's color. Furthermore, I am disappointed in the stock photo crane logo used for the tail. While I appreciate that there was an attempt at originality as opposed to using the Cedar tree there are several better bird choices that are representative of Lebanon and its history and literature. In addition, while the Arabic titles mentioned in the Overview are correct, in the logo they are incorrect {see General Remark 1 under the "Bahraini" entry"}. In conclusion, there is a lot of wasted potential in this design that could be fixed with a little more originality and refinement in design and research."

{25/40} QATARIYA
“Qatariya puts forward a sea of beautiful shapes and colors that instantly evoke the warmth, mystery, and hospitality of Arabia. The colorful swooshes wrap around the Dreamliner in particular beautifully and create a luxurious effect complemented by the traditional Arabian pattern on the tail. As for my critique, the Arabic font chosen is an exact replica of Qatar Airways. While this is not a bad thing on its own, the pairing of the English and Arabic titles does not work very well. In addition, I believe the pattern on the tail clashes with the logo pattern by having both together. I think a less abstract/geometric logo might work better. Overall, a pleasant design that could use some further refining."
{26/40} MAGHREB AIR
"The first thing that catches my eye about Maghreb Air is the lovely stylized falcon design and how it well it looks with the rest of the logo, it pleasantly reminded me of the old Mexicana logo and thought it was a nice adaptation. I thoroughly enjoyed the evolution of the titles from the old livery to the new one, with an interestingly playful Arabic font chosen to represent the modern look. My only regret about the titles is how small the Arabic titles are on the fuselage. The tiny titles give the unwanted effect of making the fuselage look empty and bland in my opinion. In sum, while the logo is promising, the liver failed to complement it as well as it could have."

{26/40} BAHRAIN AIRWAYS
"I was very much looking forward to seeing a Bahraini carrier that wasn't somehow reminiscent of Gulf Air. With the front half of the design, I thought you might have been going somewhere. The design seems young and contemporary with an interesting Billboard approach and an excellent Arabic font chosen that is as modern and sleek as the rest of the text. The tail, however, comes as an absolute disappointment with the cartoon-like falcon sitting as awkwardly as "Airways" does in the titles in a frankly lazy golden swoosh area. I see a lot of potential in this airline if the tail could just be reimagined with something other than a falcon, please."

{26/40} MOROCCAN
"Moroccan presents a stunningly elegant reimagined look for Royal Air Maroc, for at the moment the livery isn't too exciting. However, I find it a shame for the company's lineage as one of the oldest African airlines to be completely forgotten in the new airline. I would've liked to see the old RAM logo to maybe function as an emblem, similar to Air France's historic emblem, and for the Royal titles to be maintained as they are both known icons in the Arab World. This is a minor point so far. The only real critique I can find in this work is the Arabic. The text on the fuselage titles is grammatically inaccurate {see General Remark 1 under the "Bahraini" entry"} and features the Arabic equivalent of Times New Roman. Meanwhile, the Arabic on MarocGo is plain wrong and the welcome aboard message from the introduction also fails to send the message. This is because the tone used in "Welcome Aboard" sounds like you have the sentence unfinished - "Welcome Aboard _??__" though oddly enough I must admit on the livery the tiny text near the door works nicely because you may read it as "welcome aboard MOROCCAN." I absolutely adore the Regional airline design with the choice of an Atlas Lion, a true symbol of the Maghreb region. While I think the Star logo works well, I believe the Lion would've been equally impressive as a design. In conclusion, Moroccan presents a solid high-quality brand portfolio with only minor errors."
{27/40} NOUR AL ARABIYA
"Nour's design is striking and elegant, easily earning high points in originality and inspiration. The black and gold color scheme in addition to the excellent calligraphic stylization of "Nour," especially as they are illustrated on the tail capture the glamour and glitz of the Middle East perfectly. I can perfectly imagine a lineup of the Nour tails dotting Abu Dhabi Airport; they would make for a fantastic scene. I also appreciate the attention to detail, with the Arabic motifs on the tail, and the beautiful Islamic names chosen for the aircraft. As for my critique, I am not particularly fond of the font choice for the English titles, it sort of pushes the typical "Middle Eastern" script style by being too curvy for my liking. With the titles alone, the first thing that came to mind was more local TV station than luxurious flag carrier. While we are on the topic of titles, I regret to see that the livery is missing proper Arabic titles. I do not believe the stylization is enough to count. Take Emirates, for example, they have an iconic calligraphic stylization of their Arabic name, but their aircraft don full-length Arabic titles as well. Also, I find it a problem that the airline is based both Abu Dhabi and Sharjah for two reasons. Firstly, the individual emirates, especially the major ones such as Abu Dhabi would take great pride in their independent projects. Take RAK airways of Ras Al Khaimah for example. Having two emirates agree to use their hubs can be seen as a form of cooperation sure, but this brings me to reason number two. The emirates of Abu Dhabi and Sharjah are separated from each other by Dubai. In fact, about 20 minutes separate DXB from SHJ. Wouldn’t it make more sense for these two Emirates to cooperate? In sum, in terms of design the tail I find spectacular, the front leaves much to be desired. Moreover, a slight refinement of the airline’s concept is needed."

{27/40} OMANWINGS
“Omanwings presents a simple, clean, and attractive design that is fitting for the airline’s concept as a modern flag carrier. I enjoy just about every element of this design, including the English typeface and the full-size eagle logo. The Arabic font choice is a disappointment, given the opportunity to make a perfect pairing with the English font. All in all, a solid concept in need of refinement.”

Boing the Ostrich

Boing the Ostrich

AE's Arab Bird

• 946 posts

User's Awards

Stay tuned for the final contestants and the winner of this year's AE Arabic Brand.

Finals entries to be posted in 12 hours time as the Editor needs to go to sleep.

EDIT: WE ALSO APOLOGIZE FOR THE TOPIC IN ITS ENTIRETY BEING TAKEN DOWN BY MISTAKE FOR ABOUT 10 HOURS. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

zzz We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Boing the Ostrich

Boing the Ostrich

AE's Arab Bird

• 946 posts

User's Awards

Congratulations, to our 4th place runner-ups! 

4th Place Runner-Ups! 

Each tied at {30/40}

Alaouite

"Alaouite's design presents true high-quality work, with clean features and crisp details that easily make it one of my top designs. I love the Maghrebi motifs chosen and believe they work very well with the stylized A logo. I also appreciate the fact that the motif is also featured on the winglets as well as the effort put into the belly design, which I am sure will look great given how good the Alaouite title looks. I am also thrilled to see a traditional Maghrebi style Arabic font in the design, while the pairing is very unconventional, it works very well. On the other hand, the naming is yet another case of a fatal flaw. While the historical accuracy is well and true, the realism of using the Alaouite name is not as concrete. Indeed, the current Moroccan royal dynasty is the Alaouite dynasty, which derives its name from the lineage of its founder. However, that very lineage owes its name to a sect of Shia Islam commonly spelled the Alawites in English, though pronounced the same in Arabic. Moreover, the word is usually used to refer to this sect, or to Shias in general. Even when the reference to the dynasty is made, a modifier is Arabic is added because of immediate assumption is not the Moroccan royal family, making the term in general unused. This is as opposed to other dynasty names in Arabia such as the Hashemites, who have similar lineages though without the same undesired connotations."

Algierien

"Algierien is easily one of the neatest, safest design entries so far, scoring well in terms of general design and cohesiveness, though not as high with its overall originality. In addition, the Arabic is correct and the pairing of the two fonts is superb, I would say a near-perfect stylistic pairing. The homage to Algerian culture clearly seen in the use of the swallow symbol and even smallest of details, including the beautiful tail motifs and the subtle rose gold hue of the fuselage. Overall, a clean, safe design that deserves an equally neat mark. What it lacks for in overall originality with its clear inspiration from Air Algerie it makes up for with its high-quality workmanship."

Jumeirah

"While Jumeirah may seem like it is not the most entirely original with it EK vibes, the overall design quality and cohesiveness I find unbeaten, making it an easy favorite of mine for its seamless design execution. The use of the Oryx blended in with the Emirati national colors is a wonderful combination of regional cultural elements and national elements that create a tail figure that is quite memorable. In addition, the pairing between the English and Arabic fonts is excellent, with the curvy English titles contrasting well with the more angular shapes of the Arabic script. I am also impressed by the attention to detail on the livery, from the F1 sticker on the fuselage to the accuracy of the name given to the aircraft. On the other hand, this design's fatal flaw lies the airline's own name. Some sources on the internet claim that Jumeirah means "beautiful;" however, this is wholly inaccurate, with the word possibly confused with "Jameela." In reality, Jumeirah is the Arabic diminutive form for "rock," particularly a very hot rock such as a piece of coal. Old Emirati folklore attaches this name to a particular stretch of Dubai that was known for its hot sand, hence the area came to be known as "Jumeirah," or "Little Hot Coal." For this reason, I find that the Jumeirah name better serves the "Spirit of Dubai." If the carrier were based there, the name would no longer be a problem, as it describes a now luxurious stretch of land rich with local folklore that is right at the heart of Dubai. While as a non-native speaker the lingual inaccuracy may be overlooked, the tether of an established geographical location in the Emirates combined with the uniqueness of the Jumeirah name given both its context and history make it non-applicable to just any Arabic carrier or even any Emirati carrier. The name Jumeirah is synonymous with Dubai, otherwise, you send a very different message (hot coals?)."

Boing the Ostrich

Boing the Ostrich

AE's Arab Bird

• 946 posts

User's Awards

A thousand congratulations indeed to Airline Empire's Best Arabic Brands of the Year. 

f7dbcbf4589f8fad473a2118e16eda85.pngIn 3rd Place: {32/40}:  
IRAQI
"I was very pleased to see an entry from a less picked country in the Middle East, considering it can be quite a challenge to make a brand that doesn't involve all the grandeur of Dubai and Doha. This design is so spectacularly robust and seems to carry with it the history of Iraq and the airline on its shoulders. I can easily believe this is one of the oldest carriers in the region, with the design capturing the aged look of an Iraqi carrier and its attempts at modernization. The falcon logo is beautiful and timeless and is sure to be a regional icon. In addition, the robust English font pairs spectacularly with the Arabic and its clear Kufic script inspiration that is typical to Iraq. Overall, while the design may not be groundbreaking, the airline is clearly inspired and rich with history earning its place as one of my favorite brands"
4f0a58f28e9bed1afb8ffd3591fa3baa.pngIn 2nd Place: {33/40}:  
NAKHEEL
“Nakheel’s design is sensational. The desert gold and brown hues play together beautifully across the aircraft, with the subtle patterns and the palm frond texture adding a whole level of detail that elevates this design. I deeply appreciate the fact that Nakheel so far is one of the only airlines with a suitably chosen Arabic name, meaning “Palm,” a true symbol of the Gulf region. The font pairing is also very good. My only critique is a slight inaccuracy in the Arabic titles, as in Arabic it would be more grammatically correct to say “AlNakheel” given how it the titles were expressed (for a number of complicated reasons that could be easily remedied, see general remark 1 in the Bahraini entry). While the concept for the airline clearly draws some inspiration from FlyDubai, the design more than makes up for it with its own originality. In sum, regardless of its placement Nakheel is one of my all-time favorite Arabic brands so far.”
111d3253365e5a7b8748430f8998d5dd.pngIn 1st Place: {34/40}:  
JAZIRA
AE BEST ARABIC BRAND 2018

“Jazeera’s marvel and grandeur proudly take on the challenge of branding a Saudi Arabian Airline. Even while using the Saudi royal emblem, Jazira presents a spectacular design that checks every box and then some. While at first, I thought the design is a little overdone, I have grown fond of Jazira and it has become a personal favorite.  The green and gold perfectly capture the spirit of the Kingdom with the national emblem in full display. I greatly appreciate the name chosen: “Jazira” meaning “Island” in reference to the Arabian Peninsula of which Saudi Arabia is the largest occupier of. The English typeface I find fantastic and is perfectly matched with its Arabic counterpart. I also greatly appreciate the aircraft name being in both English and Arabic correctly. My only grievance is the small size of the Arabic titles, with how perfect they are they deserve their share of space on the fuselage.”

Congratulations to all! This year was neck and neck, a testament to the quality of our entries! 

We would like to again thank our participants and followers in this year's Design Competition. We received some fantastic entries that proudly represent the spirit of the Arab World. We hope this design challenge inspired you to take on Arabian airline branding with more skill and cultural sensitivity in the future especially with the feedback given.

We appreciate any discussion or feedback on the entries or the contest in general! Post below! 

rustupid2

rustupid2

A Guy Who Does Stuff

• 138 posts

Thank you for all the work you put into this! Although I didn't do particularly well (I didn't expect to, so all is well), it was good fun to be a part of, and it was great to see the feedback on every single design (although I would also love to see the exact breakdown of the scores you awarded)! I know that this was a type of design which you specialise in, I would love to see more of these, with completely different design briefs, in the future! Thanks again!

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

RIGGED!

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

S K Y

S K Y

None of anyone's interest

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   

Thank you Boing. It's been a pleasure to join this competition, and I've learned a thing or two.

It's good to be able to see from different perspective.

I hope there will be this kind of competition in other times.

Also, congratulations for the winners!

Nahell

Nahell

• 6 posts

Congratulations for you all  ^_^ 
Thank you Boing for making this competition, really enjoyed it  :D

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Disagree with number one, while the livery is probably number 1 or 2. The fleet are extremely unrealistic, For an airlines that isn't that big, they have too many aircraft model on their fleet. A380 and B747-400/-8 is Extremely unrealistic, especially with B777-300ER on their fleet. This is a major red flag from the start. The font is great but the logo is extremely similar to Saudi Arabian Airlines. It have no configs for the fleet it listed, which is a major problems.

Algerien fleet are extremely realistic with it's configs and the type of plane they use, the livery is Unsafe and perfect. Many airlines try to have this modern and minimalist livery in real life and fail. (Looking at you Lufthansa). There is tons of tiny details that make this livery and airlines one of the best one. 

Maghreb have the best history, logo, livery and fleet considerations. To me, The judge fails to take the main concept of real life airlines in hand. The complexity of the information is important. I think the livery is the most realistic in real life especially the retro livery.

Cheers. 

Arianka

Arianka

AE Winner

• 2,057 posts

User's Awards

5          11   

Disagree with number one, while the livery is probably number 1 or 2. The fleet are extremely unrealistic, For an airlines that isn't that big, they have too many aircraft model on their fleet. A380 and B747-400/-8 is Extremely unrealistic, especially with B777-300ER on their fleet. This is a major red flag from the start. The font is great but the logo is extremely similar to Saudi Arabian Airlines. It have no configs for the fleet it listed, which is a major problems.

I'd like to add this. The airline has an aging fleet and is currently in the process of replacing the older aircraft, that's why it's so big. I clearly stated that in my entry, had you read it, you would've known. The A380 was added for flights in the Hajj season and there are only like 3-5 in the fleet. The 747-8i is the replacement of the -400, also stated that in my post. A lot of airlines have both the 77W, 744, 748 and A380 in the their fleet so I don't see that being a red flag. While the logo does look similar to Saudia's, it was the only way for me to show that it is a national carrier and that it carried the country and it is the country's emblem. You know? The thing you used in your livery as well. It also has a cargo subsidiary, which I merged with the main fleet for this contest. As for the config, they are all based on the routes the aircraft will be put on and the demand on said route. Now if you wanna continue this chat, PM me and don't ruin this thread. ;)

Anyways,

I'd like to congratulate all of you who participated in this contest. :party:

And thank you Boing for doing this and give us advice on how an Arabic livery should be done properly, it was nice to be a part of this. ^_^

edge

edge

AE Know It All

• 111 posts

Congratulations to the winners, and to every entry into this contest as we've seen some high quality propositions!

Thanks to Boing the Ostrich for setting up this, also!

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

I'd like to add this. The airline has an aging fleet and is currently in the process of replacing the older aircraft, that's why it's so big. I clearly stated that in my entry, had you read it, you would've known. The A380 was added for flights in the Hajj season and there are only like 3-5 in the fleet. The 747-8i is the replacement of the -400, also stated that in my post. A lot of airlines have both the 77W, 744, 748 and A380 in the their fleet so I don't see that being a red flag. While the logo does look similar to Saudia's, it was the only way for me to show that it is a national carrier and that it carried the country and it is the country's emblem. You know? The thing you used in your livery as well. It also has a cargo subsidiary, which I merged with the main fleet for this contest. As for the config, they are all based on the routes the aircraft will be put on and the demand on said route. Now if you wanna continue this chat, PM me and don't ruin this thread. ;)

Anyways,

I'd like to congratulate all of you who participated in this contest. :party:

And thank you Boing for doing this and give us advice on how an Arabic livery should be done properly, it was nice to be a part of this. ^_^

That's my point, the B747-8, B777-300ER and A380 combo is a no-no.

The fact that the airline only have 3-5 A380 in the fleet and for Hajj primarily, makes it more unrealistic. Either way, cheers for the number 1 spot  :D

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   
How about we create an Asian livery contest? IMO some of the most beautiful liveries here are from Asia ;)

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

^Well to be fair, middle east is Asian already. Maybe we should do Southeast Asia or East Asia for better specifications.

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

^Well to be fair, middle east is Asian already. Maybe we should do Southeast Asia or East Asia for better specifications.

Let's do Southeast Asia in that case. I think that region doesn't get as much recognition.

kingoftheskies

kingoftheskies

I breathe SQ but not their fares :/

• 377 posts

Congrats winners :wub: 

Let's do Southeast Asia in that case. I think that region doesn't get as much recognition.

+1 you have my support

xkDm6U0.png

aZ0BcgW.png

MGnazId.png

194wCOY.png

C49JvWP.png

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Boing the Ostrich in Cluckerson Inc. News Network, on 13 June 2018 - 09:58 PM

Official submission thread: AE Arabic Airline Design Contest 2018

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users