Photo

Small planes and frequent trips vs large planes and fewer trips?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

KittyCat93

KittyCat93

• 1 posts

Taking lots of trips using a small plane with a quick turnaround time seems like it would generally give similar results to taking fewer trips with a huge plane, right? I'm trying to see how the various strategies compare.

I'm sure someone has made a calculator for this. Have they?

Andy-J

Andy-J

probably been on here too many years now....oh well

• 158 posts

User's Awards

I doubt anyone's ever made a calculator, but larger planes typically have a better CASM. However, smaller planes/more frequencies will get you a better reputation on that route.

-------Andy-J

Aviator48

Aviator48

Empire Airliner

• 239 posts

User's Awards

3    2   
I also doubt that there’s a calculator, but I think some people may know which aircraft (short, medium, long haul) are most efficient for certain ranges regarding frequency and size.

AE is the best.

SicS89qs.jpg

jetstream/globe

sfkORg2.jpg

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

I think some people may know which aircraft (short, medium, long haul) are most efficient for certain ranges regarding frequency and size.

Hi. I've been here for 9 years.

Different aircraft are better for different routes, that's just a fact, but finding a solid fleet with as few types as possible covering the biggest range of sizes is ideal.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      

Narrowbody planes in the 150-295 seem to have better ROI than large planes. However with larger planes, you get more revenue per slot. Slot constraints as you hit the 200-gate limit on most servers might be an issue.

qRn0iGD.png

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Small planes required more slots = more gates are being rented = more expenses. Remember, small planes also required 2 pilots to operate in game, same with large plane, so you also would spend more money on wages.

Unless you are operating regional airlines, it wouldn't be necessary to operate such plane.

Mencjusz13

Mencjusz13

AE Addict To-Be

• 23 posts

Small planes can be utilized as filling in the gaps left after large planes, lets say, 14 first class or business class left per day.

JordanPlays

JordanPlays

AE Addict To-Be

• 15 posts

Small planes can be utilized as filling in the gaps left after large planes, lets say, 14 first class or business class left per day.

Yeah that can work pretty good sometimes.

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

ROI and CASM?

PiggyWhiskey

PiggyWhiskey

AE Player

• 80 posts

CASM: https://en.wikipedia...able_seat_miles

ROI: https://en.wikipedia...n_on_investment

Nami Nicole

Nami Nicole

Lawdy AE Student and Player

• 40 posts

Large planes with MORE trips would save you a lot of costs in expensive airports.

NfwgVxM.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users