Photo

Does anyone else find this annoying?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Hexagon Airlines

Hexagon Airlines

Hexagon Airlines

• 9 posts

I am in S4B Sandbox 2000-2020 and have come across something that I find quite annoying. 

The number 2 player, "World Airways" has only 67 destinations, but over 800 aircraft. Majority are 747-X (multiple variants). Meanwhile, I have 314 destinations, 1500~ planes and am only placed number 4. I find it quite annoying that people can just flood these routes with huge airplanes, make a ton of money and just sit on the top of the leaderboard because of it. This players value is double mine as well, all because they're just sitting on money...

Im not sure what can exactly be done to prevent this, but I was just curious if it annoyed anyone else?

Hexagon Airlines

- The Spirit of Hexagon Airlines - 

All White Boeing 777-300 Illustration

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts
Unfortunately that's the sad reality of AE. It's a broken game with not a single fix in sight.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

Unfortunately that's the sad reality of AE. It's a broken game with not a single fix in sight.

not broken, just people know how to find loopholes. happens in just about every game produced

BV6atB1.jpg

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts
If making passengers appear out of thin air by charging 1$ isn't broken, idk what is.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

If making passengers appear out of thin air by charging 1$ isn't broken, idk what is.

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

because who wouldn't buy a $1 flight. that's how the game "thinks." lower the pricing+more incentives (hub/terminal/good rep)= passengers. that's the basic algorithm for the game.

BV6atB1.jpg

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts
The game doesn't "think" like that. It's a bug. Notice how it only happens when you charge a dollar. And how it only happens with Y class. Now why would people choose economy over business class? I could charge like a forth the price of a competitor and only fill enough seats to satisfy the demand. However, if I charge a dollar I can fill 20x more seats than that of the demand, and still only with Y class. I don't believe this was intended to be apart of the game but for some reason it is. Sure it makes sense for people to want to fly because of a low fare, but 20,000. That's ridiculous.

Lower prices bringing demand is real enough but there is no airline that does that because nobody is stupid enough to give in to scam ifs where they are charged for everything else when they only paid 1$ for the ticket. Therefore, unlike in AE, the airline makes no profit, therefore no real airline does it. Therefore this isn't relatable to real life.

Your equation is correct but it doesn't really make sense for passengers, especially green passengers, to just appear.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

The game doesn't "think" like that. It's a bug. Notice how it only happens when you charge a dollar. And how it only happens with Y class. Now why would people choose economy over business class? I could charge like a forth the price of a competitor and only fill enough seats to satisfy the demand. However, if I charge a dollar I can fill 20x more seats than that of the demand, and still only with Y class. I don't believe this was intended to be apart of the game but for some reason it is. Sure it makes sense for people to want to fly because of a low fare, but 20,000. That's ridiculous.

Lower prices bringing demand is real enough but there is no airline that does that because nobody is stupid enough to give in to scam ifs where they are charged for everything else when they only paid 1$ for the ticket. Therefore, unlike in AE, the airline makes no profit, therefore no real airline does it. Therefore this isn't relatable to real life.

Your equation is correct but it doesn't really make sense for passengers, especially green passengers, to just appear.

take a look at the top airlines in-game. they follow that algorithm.

incentives(hubs+alliance+terminals+full ifs)+$1 costs(the game "thinks" that lower costs attract more passengers)= incredible amounts of passengers. more passengers "fly" if flights are between hubs. it's not a bug. if the game didn't "think" this way, it wouldn't really work. if you wan't to implement what you're suggesting, you can code it yourself, as none of us have the time.

BV6atB1.jpg

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

"Well that's just the way it is so it must be correct and we shouldn't change it"

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users