Photo

How Do I Edit My Route?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

TwinsRock88

TwinsRock88

AE Addict To-Be

• 12 posts

Hello! I have just today started this game and all in all it seems really fun. There are a couple of problems I am confused about. My main question is how do I edit a already existing route, because I just realized that 7X/weekly means 7 daily flights every week. If What I got from that was wrong, then what does it actually mean? My final question is that I opened in Canada and there are 2 HUGE airlines in my area. Because of this should I compete in the routes by pushing lower prices or should I just stick with routes that arn't being serviced by the 2 major airlines. 

Thank you!

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

No you're right, 7X weekly does mean one round trip per day. Or 14X weekly means two round trips per day, and so on. If you want to edit your route you need to click on the "Routes" tab on the left hand side of your screen, then find the relevant route you wish to edit. Then in that screen on the right hand side under the "Actions" column just click details. That should take you to the same screen you were taken to when you first opened the route. If you click on the Flight List tab, you can click the boxes on the left side of the screen next to the individual routes, then the "Close Flights" button at the bottom to reduce your frequency. Or you can go to the "Add Flights" tab to increase that amount.

As for the competition part: I'd say figuring out your own strategy that works is the fun in this game. So good luck there. 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

TwinsRock88

TwinsRock88

AE Addict To-Be

• 12 posts

Thanks so much! 

N664US

N664US

Taking a break.

• 93 posts

Because of this should I compete in the routes by pushing lower prices or should I just stick with routes that arn't being serviced by the 2 major airlines. 

I'm sure others will have a different strategy, but mine personally would be to do the following, especially in a very crowded world:

Initially, try and avoid competing directly with large carriers. As much as you can try to undercut their prices, they can do the exact same to you, but with one large difference: the large airline can run one or two routes with losses when all others are profitable; you cannot survive when all your routes are unprofitable. Initially, stick with lucrative yet underserved routes — it's common to find that people will sometimes ignore routes with huge demand, which you can exploit. I'd recommend only facing another competitor head-on when you are of a large enough size, so that way one or two loss-making routes because of competitions won't overly impact your bottom line. 

Some would disagree with me. Some would say that direct competition is a good way to serve markets with large amounts of demand when few routes have sufficient demand to warrant flights. Others would argue that not competing at all allows your airline to slip "under the radar" and grow large, then wiping out any competition. Neither is wrong — the key part of Airline Empires is to find a strategy that works for you. And it's not the same in every market or hub on the globe, so know that each world and country work differently. 

Hopefully this helps you. Good luck and enjoy playing!

ISh4RPm.jpg

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   

On busy routes it should be enough to match the price of the big carriers. If you only look to take 10% of capacity they are unlikely to even notice you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users