Photo

Gates wrongly removed!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
Ok, well, I had two gates at both Atlanta and Detroit that I was not using, and I got a warning message, so I returned them. Then, In preperation for getting my Q400, I rebought the gates later at (same number of gates), today I got the Q400, but my gates were removed! I don't think the game read the gates as being different from the ones that I returned. Now I am six million in the red and can't buy gates! Any way to get my gates back?

Airline55

TimS

TimS

• 204 posts
This is a fairly old bug already. No, the system does not differentiate between gates already held and gates returned and re-bought..

Calum

Calum

• 52 posts
  • WLM ID:calum500@btopenworld.com
i am positive i just encountered the exact same problem ,

at JFK , no warning , the gates just got taken back. An i also went into the red for it hehe.

Am taking some action though , so i think i'll get buy.

Calum

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Once you get the message, it stays forever. Even if it's 4 months to a year later, that same number of gates that you were warned about will be taken. It doesn't matter if you return them or not.
Posted ImagePosted Image

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
hmm, well, lets see what torque says on the issue.

babe_rachel_

babe_rachel_

• 322 posts
Well,
I have got a serious problem too!!!

First I had 5 gates in New York JFK, 4 were used, 1 gate was free.
Last month I got the warning for 1 gate.

So I returned the gate. That's leaving me with 4 gates in JFK.

I sold my two Beeches, so the other 4 gates in JFK I didn't use. I bought 2 extra gates in JFK.

The result would be that I have 6 gates in JFK (okay with the bug it would be 5). And I would get warnings for 4 gates.

BUT NOW --> ALL MY GATES IN JFK ARE GONE LIKE THE WIND:( :) :)

What has happened??? I want my gates back... (Please :) )

I can't buy them now, because I'm 15 mln in red :S

hpscot08

hpscot08

• 504 posts
As drv4truk said the system does not differentiate between the gates, though I ma not sure whether it takes more than you are warned for or not. Torquewrench should be able to clarify this.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Calum

Calum

• 52 posts
something a little weird has gone on ,

I am sure people would have asked TW to get it fixed if it has been this bad for past rounds.

a good few must be caught out by this ?

Calum

babe_rachel_

babe_rachel_

• 322 posts
Gate Removal At JFK
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JFK has been forced to remove unused gates from your account.

I got only this message...

WHY been forced????

Okay, maybe 1 should be away, But the other 5 too???

babe_rachel_

babe_rachel_

• 322 posts
Okay,

Torquewrench, could you please check and fix this strange thing??? If you have the time... Would be great!!!

I'll wait :)

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
Lets see if Torque can set up some type of reimbursement (hopefully in gates, not cash) for those who got hit by this eh, issue. I already sent him a U2U.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
It should have only warned you about the other 5 and taken the 1. :puzzled: I have made sure to cover my gates, even if I have to take a loss.

You can either Bankrupt and start over or try and sell the aircraft you bought and start that way. Keep in mind that it may be a while before anyone can buy it. Next time, keep a B19 around holding gates on routes like JFK-EWR or similar. I pull a bait and switch (haha) when it comes to gates and new aircraft. I already have a warning for LAX gates. So, when I order new aircraft I use any left over hours on my current aircraft and place it on LAX-ONT or similar in order to hold the new gate. Or, you can use the B19 to hold the route until your new aircraft comes, then just switch planes (reset prices) and sell the B19.
Posted ImagePosted Image

TorqueWrench

TorqueWrench

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 446 posts

Ok, well, I had two gates at both Atlanta and Detroit that I was not using, and I got a warning message, so I returned them. Then, In preperation for getting my Q400, I rebought the gates later at (same number of gates), today I got the Q400, but my gates were removed! I don't think the game read the gates as being different from the ones that I returned. Now I am six million in the red and can't buy gates! Any way to get my gates back?

Airline55

If you get a warning about not using gates at month change then if you still have unused gates and month change the next month, you will still have them removed, whether you returned them and bought them again or not...

If you get a warning about unused gates at an airport, you must use them ALL next month or any gates you have unused will be removed. However, no longer will the system "remember" warnings over one month.... so if you get a warning, then the next month are using the gates, and the month after that, not using all your gates again, you'll only get a warning and not just have them removed.

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
well, I am hoping that Torque can give people back the gates (similar to what he did with the aircraft order bug) (I hope : ()

edit: I knew about getting your gates taken back, although I was not aware that the game "remembered" the warning, hence my problem.

Calum

Calum

• 52 posts
yip A55 ,

i didnt remember getting a warning , certainly not for that month just past.

TW could you not write something into the program or that to try and patch it up ? Not saying right now , but just , whenever really.

Calum

babe_rachel_

babe_rachel_

• 322 posts

If you get a warning about not using gates at month change then if you still have unused gates and month change the next month, you will still have them removed, whether you returned them and bought them again or not...

If you get a warning about unused gates at an airport, you must use them ALL next month or any gates you have unused will be removed. However, no longer will the system "remember" warnings over one month.... so if you get a warning, then the next month are using the gates, and the month after that, not using all your gates again, you'll only get a warning and not just have them removed.

So the system doesn't remember the amount of gates you did not use in one month?
I did not use 1 gate, I get a warning, and the next month, when I have 6 gates, which are not in use (because I sold all my airplanes, to buy new ones) they are ALL :puzzled: automatically removed.....

That's strange because 1 of the gates I did not use in two months and the other 5 are for the first time not in use....

Well luckily I have a few other gates to fly with my airplanes... And this I'll never forget..:)

Calum

Calum

• 52 posts
same here regarding the ^ last line

Calum

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
so, torque, any chance we will get back our gates?

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts

So the system doesn't remember the amount of gates you did not use in one month?
I did not use 1 gate, I get a warning, and the next month, when I have 6 gates, which are not in use (because I sold all my airplanes, to buy new ones) they are ALL :puzzled: automatically removed.....

Easier to program that way. If warning given, remove unused gates.
Bushey Airlines

A little of this and a little of that.

Member ACE

babe_rachel_

babe_rachel_

• 322 posts

Easier to program that way. If warning given, remove unused gates.

That's true, but in reality it's very strange.:puzzled:

Well, it's just a game and I'll keep that in mind.

And we all have our ups and downs... Down side I already had. So from now on it will only be upwards!!! :)

Thanks TorqueWrench for explaining... Big kiss to you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users