AE Luver

• 275 posts

Political Restrictions - Normal

Time Period - 1960 to 2030

Real Life Duration - 240 days

Game Day Length - 15 minutes

Starting Cash - $30,000,000

Max Airlines in World - 300

Max Airlines per Player - 2 (1 for first week)

Special Restrictions -

4 terminal / 4 hub max

2x Gate Availability  

No Leasing

Starting Aircraft -

Convair CV-440

Folker F27

Handley Page HPR.7 Dart Herald

Ilyushin 14M

Grumman Gulfstream I 

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

These settings would make for an interesting game imo. 

The terminal hub limit of 4/4 makes things more realistic... as most major carriers like US Air or China Airlines seem to have around this number. It would make spamming all of the USA or China impossible, but still make it so you could have a very large airline. National carriers from the major Euro countries would be on even ground with players from US/China... but realistically... Ethiopia airlines will still be a challenge.

2x gate availability allows late entries to a long world to find open routes, although this setting is the one I am most unsure about as far as positive or negative impact because it will also allow early airlines to grow larger than without it.

The choice of starting aircraft, no leasing, and initial balance of 30mil/ term/hub limits in 1960 gives players a lot of interesting different starting strategies.

Comments... positive and negative are most welcome.

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts
I don't really know about the 2x gate thing.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

These settings would make for an interesting game imo. 

The terminal hub limit of 4/4 makes things more realistic... as most major carriers like US Air or China Airlines seem to have around this number. It would make spamming all of the USA or China impossible, but still make it so you could have a very large airline. National carriers from the major Euro countries would be on even ground with players from US/China... but realistically... Ethiopia airlines will still be a challenge.

2x gate availability allows late entries to a long world to find open routes, although this setting is the one I am most unsure about as far as positive or negative impact because it will also allow early airlines to grow larger than without it.

The choice of starting aircraft, no leasing, and initial balance of 30mil/ term/hub limits in 1960 gives players a lot of interesting different starting strategies.

Comments... positive and negative are most welcome.

Many carriers, like United, have more than 4 terminals/hubs. Nice idea though!

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

United has 7 hubs in the states... Delta has 8... but I suppose there is nothing restricting a player from having terminals and hubs in different cities... with a 4/4 limit you could have 8 "focus" cities.... or using the 2 airline per player limit to also reach 8.

I chose 4 to nominate because I thought it would best balance the large markets of US/China against the rest of the world, limit spamlining, but also allow for a very large fleet of hundreds if not thousands of planes. When I looked at places like Mexico, France, UK ect... I noticed that there were always 4 decently large airports in each medium market. In the states it seems there are usually 3-4 major airports bunched nearby... lax/phx/las/sfo   ... jfk/lga/ewr/bos    ... mia/fll/mco    clt/atl/bwi...  dtw/ord/mdw... I felt it would make for some really nice regional carriers to evolve. 

Thanks for your input as well as james, I really do think there is serious interest in another earlier long world with restricted features to limit spamming. I hope we can all agree to something and make it happen!

iCX9

iCX9

AE Addict To-Be

• 23 posts

That wouldn't be an S4 world, as those a 5min/day $100M starting cash worlds. This is more like an R world

H2O

H2O

Tired of repetition

• 291 posts

User's Awards

That wouldn't be an S4 world, as those a 5min/day $100M starting cash worlds. This is more like an R world

Bruh... S1, S2... this is an S world.

By the way, I like this idea. But I don't think yuxi is gonna get of his butt tbh. If he does, well I guess I'm incorrect. But, just sayin'

iCX9

iCX9

AE Addict To-Be

• 23 posts

Bruh... S1, S2... this is an S world.

By the way, I like this idea. But I don't think yuxi is gonna get of his butt tbh. If he does, well I guess I'm incorrect. But, just sayin'

Still not S4

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

Still not S4

S stands for special restrictions.

This proposed world has special restrictions of 

~ no leasing

~ 4/4 terminal hub max

~ 2x gate availability

S4 is the proper title, but thanks for the bump!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users