Photo

On what real world airline do you take inspiration from?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

FlippRtheReaL

FlippRtheReaL

X-Plane 11 flyer

• 39 posts

Is there a real-world airline which you base your airline from? For example, I am inspired by American Airlines so I make my airline to be similar to it.

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

Varig and Panair

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts
I base my carriers Kojak and Borneo Airways on All Nippon Airways.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

It depends on where I'm playing and what the timeframe is

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

edward99

edward99

AE Player

• 52 posts

User's Awards

I look at old adverts, new reports, documentaries and promotional info about airlines before is start them you can make them greater then they every were and it gives you logos and livery’s and some ideas for expansion and bases

TheMarmaliser

TheMarmaliser

AE Addict To-Be

• 12 posts

Kinda like SWA, but with a higher quality of service on both class services we operate. Plenty of leg room, affordable IFS, kinda like low cost meets legacy. 

Arianka

Arianka

AE Winner

• 2,057 posts

User's Awards

5          11   
Most of mine are based off of boutique airlines and leisure airlines. Well I try to look like those atleast.

mastacheifa118

mastacheifa118

A trombone player

• 92 posts

I try to base mine on jetBlue, but it gets to a point where I have to start flying internationally. 

H2O

H2O

Tired of repetition

• 291 posts

User's Awards

None XD. AE is in no way like real life.

dundun92

dundun92

Fortnite is cancer lol

• 1,301 posts
  • Website:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UU0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

User's Awards

If any, Southwest and Northwest.

Windows 7 is superior, change my mind

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

I look at old adverts, new reports, documentaries and promotional info about airlines before is start them you can make them greater then they every were and it gives you logos and livery’s and some ideas for expansion and bases

Oh god, not another ONE

XD

In all seriousness though, I get most of my inspiration from carriers like jetBlue, Spirit, Frontier, etc...

BV6atB1.jpg

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

Oh god, not another ONE

Whats wrong with being beautiful?

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

Oh god, not another ONE

I don't get it. Another what?
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

Alta Air - American Airlines

Classicale Air and Whippers - Not really inspired by a real world airline. Classicale is closest to JetBlue, I guess.

PingPong

PingPong

Dormant and Highly Sarcastic

• 1,206 posts
BAW and QFA
post-80164-0-63668800-1520707454.png
Member, Vice-President, and Website Developer of Universal Alliance

ffxxmz

ffxxmz

Air Galicia's CEO and future pilot

• 254 posts
Vintage Air Galicia (20's to 80's) is largely a Pan Am-ised and steroidised version of Aviaco, a defunct Spanish airline. I also take some inspiration from Iberia, in what regards to design, advertising (if I figure out how to make good vintage-looking ads), choice of aircraft and the tradition of nicknaming planes. I seek inspiration from various airlines from North America in what regards to in flight service and seat maps, specially Eastern, TWA, Air Canada, Continental and of course, Pan Am.
Modern Air Galicia (90's onwards) is more of a jamboree of many airlines instead of having a strong real life mentor. It would be weakly based off Air Europa, maybe in its role as a private carrier, some inspiration for liveries and ads and the preference of Boeing-made aircraft instead of Airbus. In what regards to seat maps, I modify some seat maps of Asian carriers, known to be more legroom generous than American and European counterparts, specially Thai, All Nippon Airways and Japan Airlines while in long range aircraft I take inspiration from various European carriers but always respecting the 34" seat pitch in coach rule. In what regards to service and airline quality, I try to turn Air Galicia into the Emirates of Europe. I take inspiration from Turkish Airlines, Qatar Airways, Emirates and other premium carriers of the world. In the event that I have to move to a Buy on Board type of service (something that I try to avoid to the largest extent possible) due to hard competition, I make an Europeanised copypaste of JetBlue's EatUp café. I offer two free snack options and four 4 and 5 star options for purchase, emulating the snack boxes of JetBlue rather than selling each item separately. I also sell two 2 star reasonably priced options of breakfast lunch and dinner respectively, emulating sandwiches, salads and breakfast boxes. If there was an option to configure beverage services, non alcoholic drinks would be obviously free while alcoholic beverages would be available for purchase.

RmzvjWC.jpg

xwb_777

xwb_777

• 7 posts

User's Awards

13    4         

Emirates 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users