Photo

Really low profit margins...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

KMRobinson318

KMRobinson318

Not a spamliner

• 115 posts

Not quite sure where I'm going wrong with this, but I've attached a screenshot showing as much of my finance as I can.

Basically I'm not sure what's going wrong. Bearing in mind this is before lease payments kick in for a fleet of what, so far, amounts to 6 A340-300s and 2 A320s, with another 3 A320s on order. I'm on the same strategy for Seven Waves Airways (in world S4B) that I used for Express Airways, which was an enormous success; but it's not working at the moment... Have I missed anything? No unused gates, fairly realistic (but hardly excessive) IFS (in economy I'm on lower quality levels than I had for Express Airways), DOP of $1,642,991...

Attached Files

"I'm not ashamed of the things I've done; I took the plane when I should have run" - Stuart Adamson

sugarpie honeybun

sugarpie honeybun

AE Player

• 44 posts
A340 is a pretty fuel-intensive plane. And i suggest you to operate just one type of aircraft (preferably A320). When you're a small airline, with small number of fleet, using large planes like A340 is going to be very expensive in base maintenance cost. Or you know, use a lot of aircraft of the same type to spread out the base cost to more planes. For your airline it might be the case (looking at the very high maintenance cost). I suggest more A320 and no A340 until you're bigger. If range is necessary, maybe operate several big twin engined aircraft like A330. Feel free to correct me.

KMRobinson318

KMRobinson318

Not a spamliner

• 115 posts

One problem with the suggestion to only get A320s is that, at the moment, short haul (and particularly domestic) is where the competition is most fierce. So ideally I'd be able to raise enough money to go for more and larger long haul aircraft, where there's much less competition. Currently the A340-300 routes are making between 2 and 3 times the daily profit that the A320 short haul routes are making... Also, I've read in other threads a lot of other players recommend the A340-300 as surprisingly good in game terms. The only other aircraft of similar capacity that could achieve the range I'd need, until the Dreamliners start becoming available, are the 777-200s...

"I'm not ashamed of the things I've done; I took the plane when I should have run" - Stuart Adamson

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
At this point in time, the A343 is indeed superior to the A333 in this game. Cheaper purchase cost which links to cheaper maintenance. Fuel burn is also slightly better due to lower overall thrust (fuel flow is calculated by algorithm, which is linked to thrust). The only con is the 75 min turn time vs 60 mins for the A333.
qRn0iGD.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users