Moderated worlds with house rules

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Know It All

• 119 posts

So I have avoided this section of the forums like the plague. Sure I have suggestions to make a great airline game, I remember playing Airlines back in the glory days almost 20 years ago which is how I found this website recently when I went looking for it.

And while I fully understand, accept, and am thankful that this exists at all....I must ask..

Why, with how split this community is over the right way to play, are there not private worlds run by moderators? It is clearly within the possibility of this platform to support such a thing.... why can't we have a realistic worlds with house rules for different play styles?

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

AE Luver

• 323 posts
As far as my knowledge goes is that its because the only developer, "Yuxi" is to busy to put any further work into AE besides updating world's periodically.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Know It All

• 119 posts

I'm not sure I understand how this would require extra work. Game worlds take up server space, but unless he hosts this from his bedroom ...which judging by the uptime is not the case.. its just a copy paste start a new world sort of thing.

Moderators could be... at least i would think the natural choices... leaders of certain alliances dedicated to realistic play styles. If someone breaks the house rules set for the world... in other words no extra coding needed... they just get the boot.

Ideally these worlds would be accessible only from the private forums... basically an invite kind of thing.... an example would be skyworld alliance has its on world and sets its own rules for it.

it ain't fun

it ain't fun

nobody's friend

• 89 posts

i actually really like this idea b/c it gives more flexibility to the game and also puts more power in the hands of more active members

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users