Photo

Turn a spamline into a realistic airline...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

Here is the challenge...

Take my  #1 airline in R4, change the name, change the livery, cancel all routes, change the seating, change the ifs, ife... everything... turn it into a realistic airline.

Your in 1st place. You have 10 billion in cash. Planes for days. Massive terminals....

Can you keep a realistic airline in 1st place?

I will absolutely help, but I am looking for someone to take the lead and show us all how to make a non spamline and still win. Please have awards and/or a strong reputation for being very good.

InactiveUser#

InactiveUser#

Copy & Paste

• 479 posts

User's Awards

I am interested. My ID is 71750. :) 

Founder of Universal Alliance 

post-80164-0-06445100-1517860438_thumb.p           

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Wow that sounds interesting! Good luck Wego!

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

Wego has been added.

I'm interested to see how this turns out.

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts
That's an interesting concept ! I'm really interested to how it ends up. Good luck Wego !

InactiveUser#

InactiveUser#

Copy & Paste

• 479 posts

User's Awards

It will be an interesting challenge indeed. I will update on how things goes. :) 

Founder of Universal Alliance 

post-80164-0-06445100-1517860438_thumb.p           

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

Would the challenge not be to make a non-spamline 1st without using spamline tactics to get there? Changing over at the last second seems kinda cheap :/

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts
It seems even more spammy than before.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

This is almost comical.

I don't really know what to say other than some peoples idea of what a spam line is differs from others. I just see what happened as basically taking first place and jumping off a cliff. 

The routes look even more spam like you just said james.. there is nothing realistic about these routes...sure there are no 1$ routes but there are no planes left anymore either. I just do not understand what is unrealistic about a full service carrier having planes from Airbus, Boeing, and McDonald Douglas... As well as regional jets from Bombardier, Folker and Embrair...  we live in a hub and spoke system not a point to point.

Hundreds of md 81's sent to the scrap pile? All regional jets destroyed? Why destroy all the terminals in major cities only to rent the gates back? What is realistic about having terminals in MIA, JFK, and LAX only???

So the plane hours are down... but you jacked the route prices up all cheesy like... which the competition pounced on and now capacity is like 60%.. trading one unrealistic tactic for another hardly qualifies as noble in my book.

Live and learn I guess. Half the forum will probably hate me for speaking my mind here but this is a joke. You killed this airline. This isn't realistic at all. It just looks noobish.

I expected to see the russian planes not get used in america... but you gutted it to the point of being even more unrealistic... nobody would have this kind of wide body fleet and not have a regional capacity or terminals in places like Atlanta.

I guess you will probably stop working on it after this scathing critic... but maybe you wont ... I dunno... its a mess though... glad its not my alliance name on it

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

"As of February 1, 2018, Delta's fleet consists of 860 Airbus, Boeing, and McDonnell Douglas aircraft. Delta's 481 Boeing aircraft make up about 56% of its fleet, while its 202 Airbus aircraft makes about 24% and 166 McDonnell Douglas aircraft makes up about 20%. Delta's 703 narrow-body aircraft comprise about 83% of its fleet, while its 146 wide-body aircraft comprise the remaining 17%.

Delta operates the largest fleets of the Boeing 717, the Boeing 757, the Boeing 767, the McDonnell Douglas MD-80, and the McDonnell Douglas MD-90 worldwide. It is one of only two airlines worldwide operating the Boeing 767-400ER (the other being United Airlines), and the only airline still operating the MD-90 in the world.

Delta has one of the oldest fleets of any American airline, with an average fleet age of 17 years as of 2017. Its oldest aircraft types are the MD-88, MD-90, Boeing 757-200, Boeing 767-300, Boeing 767-300ER, and Airbus A320-200, which have an average age of 27.4, 20.9, 21.1, 24.5, 21.6, and 22.3 years, respectively. Its youngest aircraft types are the A321-200, A350-900 and Boeing 737-900ER, which have an average age of 1.5, 0.3 and 2.4 years, respectively.[2] While Delta is sometimes thought to always purchase older generation or used aircraft, this is not always the case, as evidenced by its order of 25 A350s and 25 A330neo aircraft in November 2014 and its order of 75 Bombardier CS100 aircraft in April 2016. In addition, Delta ordered 100 A321neo aircraft to replace its aging 757s and MD-90s. These new A321neo aircraft are expected to be delivered starting in 2020, and will continue deliveries through 2023.

Delta primarily uses its narrow-body aircraft for domestic flights within the United States and for international flights from the United States to Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Most of its McDonnell Douglas MD-88 and Boeing 717 aircraft are based out of Atlanta, where they are mainly used for short-haul flights.[4] Its A320 aircraft, Boeing 737, and Boeing 757 aircraft are used for short-haul flights and medium-haul transcontinental flights. A few of its Boeing 757-200 aircraft are used on long and thin flights to Europe. Delta primarily uses its wide-body aircraft for long-haul flights to Europe, South America, and Asia, though some Boeing 767-300 (non-ER) aircraft operate domestic flights within the United States. Its A330s, Boeing 767-300ERs,[5] and Boeing 767-400ERs mainly operate flights to Europe. Its Airbus A350-900s and Boeing 777-200s mainly operate flights to Asia."

This is what I was thinking off when I said realistic... 

H2O

H2O

Tired of repetition

• 291 posts

User's Awards

This is almost comical.

I don't really know what to say other than some peoples idea of what a spam line is differs from others. I just see what happened as basically taking first place and jumping off a cliff. 

The routes look even more spam like you just said james.. there is nothing realistic about these routes...sure there are no 1$ routes but there are no planes left anymore either. I just do not understand what is unrealistic about a full service carrier having planes from Airbus, Boeing, and McDonald Douglas... As well as regional jets from Bombardier, Folker and Embrair...  we live in a hub and spoke system not a point to point.

Hundreds of md 81's sent to the scrap pile? All regional jets destroyed? Why destroy all the terminals in major cities only to rent the gates back? What is realistic about having terminals in MIA, JFK, and LAX only???

So the plane hours are down... but you jacked the route prices up all cheesy like... which the competition pounced on and now capacity is like 60%.. trading one unrealistic tactic for another hardly qualifies as noble in my book.

Live and learn I guess. Half the forum will probably hate me for speaking my mind here but this is a joke. You killed this airline. This isn't realistic at all. It just looks noobish.

I expected to see the russian planes not get used in america... but you gutted it to the point of being even more unrealistic... nobody would have this kind of wide body fleet and not have a regional capacity or terminals in places like Atlanta.

I guess you will probably stop working on it after this scathing critic... but maybe you wont ... I dunno... its a mess though... glad its not my alliance name on it

+1

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts
I was expecting a more US 3 type airline as well rather than an airline with almost all international flights from hubs in the most convenient of locations.

The tactic is clever but with Billions of dollars at their disposal I expected something a little more complex.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users