Photo

Rushing on new worlds

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

colombian_aviator

colombian_aviator

SpaceX fan + Hardbass addict

• 135 posts

I started an airline on a new world, 4 days go by and another airline already has 17 destinations and all my region covered... Can someone tell me tips for rushing in early worlds?

rush b cyka

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

Never take a loan.

Lease for 10 years.

Have a plan. Be organized. Don't waste cash on expensive gates.

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts
They probably fly their aircraft to those destinations like 1x a week. Anyone can pull that off so there's no need to be intimidated by the number of destinations a competitor has.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

G.J.

G.J.

• 1,462 posts

If a route has competition and you HAVE to make that route because you don't have any other reasonable options, drop the price just enough to fill the planes.

Fly to alternative airports in the beginning.

As far as bonds I usually only take 1 $5M one and lease a plane of decent size in the beginning - like a 737 or A320 (737 is cheaper), but make sure I have at least $6M that can be used on the expenses.

Venture Co-Owner | Aloft Staff | Ex-Polaris Member | Unitedwings Co-Owner | Dynasty World Alliance Member

mastacheifa118

mastacheifa118

A trombone player

• 92 posts

I really never took a loan before, but stick to smaller airports, build up your wealth, and squash your competition. 

As for leased aircraft, it wasn't until my valuation reached 10B did I start buying my loaned aircraft. Typically buying 1-2 new aircraft when you have 1B in the bank is a good idea.

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

Never take a loan.

Bad advice. You can get away with 2 x $5m loans normally at the start of the world. This is because you won't normally be able to hit the 20 aircraft limit for CCC credit rating due to the fact you have to order new aircraft. Taking out the two loans will allow you to start with at least 2 aircraft families early on giving you a head start on the competition in your area. 

Fly to alternative airports in the beginning.

Normally at the start I'd say fly to big airports with high demand routes with no competition. Whilst the costs are high if you only serve a fraction of demand you can charge $700+- for a 400 mile flight which generates significant profits in the beginning. Just be sure to keep an eye on competition as any competitor will reduce your load factor to near 0%. 

Lastly, don't be afraid to abandon a route due to competition. The costs of closing down a route and opening a new one are far lower than the additional profits you'll generate on a new route like the one described above. Come back to the route later in the game when you have a strong financial base to fight a price war. :) 

H2O

H2O

Tired of repetition

• 291 posts

User's Awards

Taking out a loan isn't a bad idea. If you receive a few messages about the loan not being paid, don't stress. And try to figure out when your aircraft arrive so you can set them on routes quickly so they don't sit in the negatives.

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

rushing b>rushing worlds

BV6atB1.jpg

colombian_aviator

colombian_aviator

SpaceX fan + Hardbass addict

• 135 posts

rushing b>rushing worlds

You got it comrade!

rush b cyka

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

Bad advice. You can get away with 2 x $5m loans normally at the start of the world. This is because you won't normally be able to hit the 20 aircraft limit for CCC credit rating due to the fact you have to order new aircraft. Taking out the two loans will allow you to start with at least 2 aircraft families early on giving you a head start on the competition in your area. 

Normally at the start I'd say fly to big airports with high demand routes with no competition. Whilst the costs are high if you only serve a fraction of demand you can charge $700+- for a 400 mile flight which generates significant profits in the beginning. Just be sure to keep an eye on competition as any competitor will reduce your load factor to near 0%. 

Lastly, don't be afraid to abandon a route due to competition. The costs of closing down a route and opening a new one are far lower than the additional profits you'll generate on a new route like the one described above. Come back to the route later in the game when you have a strong financial base to fight a price war. :)

I guess this depends on your playstyle....

If you want to "rush" you will hit the max lease before your credit improves when you take a loan. I usually have 3 classes going at the start with no loan... and while I'm certainly not an expert... I've started 4 airlines... 2 are in 1st place now... I closed one in 1st place on o1... and the other will be in 1st in a day or so. 4/4 isn't a bad track record.

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

Some of the things I noticed that make a difference.... tips that will really help..

FIRST thing to do is order planes before you do anything else. Use all your money. You can go negative balance to lease gates, change plane seating, and start routes.... but not lease planes... so do this first... always pick 10 year lease for cheaper price. You can end up with millions in a temp loan that doesnt hurt your credit.

You don't pay a lease on your planes until 6 months in... so up until July... make sure you never pay income tax by always leasing planes at the end of the month and use all your money... you start the beginning of the next month -20mil or whatever and in last place but its a free loan that doesnt hurt at all.

Keep those planes coming in... Its like playing Hearts of Iron... you need to warm up the production lines. Know what you can afford. Plan how you start. Don't lease planes that take 3 weeks to be built before you have all the 2 week planes on order... be smart. A small prop plane flying 200 miles using 100 gates can bring in 300-400k. Not ideal in the long run but its a good way to get a jump start while others are waiting on big planes.... 

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

I agree.

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

Some of the things I noticed that make a difference.... tips that will really help..

FIRST thing to do is order planes before you do anything else. Use all your money. You can go negative balance to lease gates, change plane seating, and start routes.... but not lease planes... so do this first... always pick 10 year lease for cheaper price. You can end up with millions in a temp loan that doesnt hurt your credit.

You don't pay a lease on your planes until 6 months in... so up until July... make sure you never pay income tax by always leasing planes at the end of the month and use all your money... you start the beginning of the next month -20mil or whatever and in last place but its a free loan that doesnt hurt at all.

Keep those planes coming in... Its like playing Hearts of Iron... you need to warm up the production lines. Know what you can afford. Plan how you start. Don't lease planes that take 3 weeks to be built before you have all the 2 week planes on order... be smart. A small prop plane flying 200 miles using 100 gates can bring in 300-400k. Not ideal in the long run but its a good way to get a jump start while others are waiting on big planes....

You should also lease before the 16th of every month which is when employees get paid. The 16th actually takes more money than the income tax.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

dead pigeon?

dead pigeon?

nobody's friend

• 140 posts

personally, i like to take small bonds, fly to big-ish airports (e.g. IAH), and not go negative in the beginning of the game. however, this strategy requires a lot of maintenance in the beginning of the game because it won't get you above #30 within the first 5 game years. but slowly, provided that you fly to big airports and keep ordering planes, you can get pretty high up in the game world

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

http://ae31.airline-...ae3r5&player=86

R5 

Currently ranked 81 of 92... 2nd of the month and I'm -8.5 million. 5th month into a new game,  started in Mexico City.

I have the highest daily pax, 50% more than 2nd place.

2nd in total distance... behind 1st by less than 10%

Fleet of 14 planes:

3 ATR

2 737

2 a320

2 md81

1 Folker 100

1 Avero

8 jets on order. That's 24 leases in the first 4 months... and I didn't spam any of the russian planes... it could have been more. You cannot do that taking a loan.

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

May 7th, 1990

104 game days have passed now @15min per day

Fleet size is 17

8 jets on order

DOP is 5.5 million

1# daily pax

1# in distance

1# fleet size

rank 14 ( jumped from 81st to 17th in 5 days)

You cannot do that taking a loan.... and I wasn't really trying on this one like I am S3-c ... the competition there is very good.

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

http://ae31.airline-...ae3r5&player=86

R5 

Currently ranked 81 of 92... 2nd of the month and I'm -8.5 million. 5th month into a new game,  started in Mexico City.

I have the highest daily pax, 50% more than 2nd place.
2nd in total distance... behind 1st by less than 10%

Fleet of 14 planes:
3 ATR
2 737
2 a320
2 md81
1 Folker 100
1 Avero

8 jets on order. That's 24 leases in the first 4 months... and I didn't spam any of the russian planes... it could have been more. You cannot do that taking a loan.

You seem to have distinctly different objectives when playing AE :P

When I rush at the start it is to try and give me a head start on local competition in order to put up a good fight a few years into the world. I need to do this because I don’t spam the holy hell out my A/C, makes it more difficult to stay profitable.

When I run my A/C for 8-10 hours a day and have good legroom I’ll carry maybe 60% less pax than a spam line with the same number of A/C. There is nothing wrong with this, if you have fun playing a spamline (I used to), then go right ahead, they work in AE.

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

Im sorry, did the OP ask how to rush a new world and win with a realistic airline using make believe settings self imposed for unrealistic moral reasons?  Or was he asking for legit tips on how to do better at this video game?

If your goal is to keep new players down and wondering why they keep going bankrupt than by all means keep teaching them how to play on master difficulty with one arm tied behind their back.. Lets give them bad advice so that they can't succeed. Lets teach everyone how to lose so we don't offend anyone roleplaying spending more on milk and cookies than jet fuel....

Taking a loan is a terrible idea if your goal is to rush. Period.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
I remember needing 2x $5mill loans to max out two aircraft production lines from day 1 (737-200adv and Trident 3B in 1975). With the Trident earning $600k a day, my credit rating improved so quickly I never ran into leasing issues.
qRn0iGD.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users