Photo

What is Avianca waiting for?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

colombian_aviator

colombian_aviator

SpaceX fan + Hardbass addict

• 135 posts

In my country, Colombia. I wasnt used to seeing LATAM planes in my airport or airports in the region, maybe 6 or 8 airplanes in El Dorado Intl. but not much. Now in 2018 you can see them everyday flying throughout all the country where sometimes its the same frequency or more frequency of flights circulating around the country if you were to compare it to Avianca. I've seen maps and data and LATAM looks like the next big south american superalliance. Yes, They have an advantage since they merged but still Avianca is a big enough airline and should be able to atleast do something.

rush b cyka

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

yea brazilian flag carrier is now a chilean airline, cool beans

colombian_aviator

colombian_aviator

• 135 posts

yea brazilian flag carrier is now a chilean airline, cool beans

*its super effective and dominates 70% of the south american market*

rush b cyka

Federico80

Federico80

AE Player

• 45 posts

User's Awards

8    33    3   

it´s not only the merge, LAN take advantage of others things in the past, for example the lack of peruvian airlines, and they create LAN Perú, they buy a ecuatorian airline and rename LAN Ecuador, create a subsidiary in Argentina after the fall of LAPA and when Aerolíneas Argentinas was in the worst moments of the history being owned by Air Comet, and buy AIRES in Colombia.

After all that the brazilian govern authorized the "merge" with TAM.... and we have almost a monopoly in south America.

Avianca is trying to do the same, with TACA, Avianca Brasil and a new argentinean subsidiary but maybe it´s too late.

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

Yeah, those monopolies suck, such as LATAM group as Avianca group. Airlines are flag carriers that take our nation all around the world. Back in the day, we used to have Varig, Vasp, Transbrasil and even TAM as Brazilian flag carrier; Bolivia had AeroSur; Paraguay had LAP; Peru had Aeroperú; Uruguay had Pluna and Venezuela had Avensa and Viasa. Now all these countries have their own Chilean and/or Colombian airline. See, I don't have any problem with LAN or Avianca, actually, Avianca Brasil has the best domestic IFS in my opinion, but that's just weird. Brazil has 4 major airlines, 2 are subsidiaries, 1 is basically owned by Delta and the last one started international flights just a couple of years ago. Damn, I miss those 90s airlines...

Federico80

Federico80

AE Player

• 45 posts

User's Awards

8    33    3   

Agree completely about the flag carriers.

Bolivia still resist, they dont have subsidiaries of Avianca Group or LATAM, and also have Boliviana, they flag carrier. In Argentina we have the subsidiaries of the two goups so i hope Aerolíneas Argentinas resist because at the problem with the monopolies have to add the 2 or 3 low cost starting to fly in the next months.

and like you said, i also dont have nothing against LATAM or Avianca, LATAM Argentina give works to thousends of people for more than a decade now, but, the problem is how they take the market of others using Lima how a hub for Argentinean pax so today from some cities in the country like COR, ROS or MDZ the people fly to JFK (for example) via Santiago or Lima and all with their airlines of Chile and Perú and not with LATAM Argentina. Or how LATAM Brasil steal people who fly to BOG from EZE with a ridiculous GRU-EZE-BOG using the privilege of being a Mercosur Airline...

colombian_aviator

colombian_aviator

• 135 posts

it´s not only the merge, LAN take advantage of others things in the past, for example the lack of peruvian airlines, and they create LAN Perú, they buy a ecuatorian airline and rename LAN Ecuador, create a subsidiary in Argentina after the fall of LAPA and when Aerolíneas Argentinas was in the worst moments of the history being owned by Air Comet, and buy AIRES in Colombia.

After all that the brazilian govern authorized the "merge" with TAM.... and we have almost a monopoly in south America.

Avianca is trying to do the same, with TACA, Avianca Brasil and a new argentinean subsidiary but maybe it´s too late.

Thanks for the info, I was a bit uninformed when I posted this.

rush b cyka

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users