Ban/Removal of politically questionable/aligned airlines and alliances

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts
Yeah it's not really a big issue. It's not like AE would be better off with a censoring system, nor any worse without it.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Hello token liberal here.

If you don't name your airline after Obama then you should be banned for being a racist homophobe. What are you some kind of gun loving fascist?

Hello token right-winger here.

If you don't name your airline after Trump then you will be deported and banned for hating freedom and being a traitor to the white race. What are you some kind of Muslim Mexican home of sexual?

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

LATAM

LATAM

The neutral member

• 570 posts

User's Awards

Hello token liberal here.

If you don't name your airline after Obama then you should be banned for being a racist homophobe. What are you some kind of gun loving fascist?

Hello token right-winger here.

If you don't name your airline after Trump then you will be deported and banned for hating freedom and being a traitor to the white race. What are you some kind of Muslim Mexican home of sexual?

By all means, lets have airlines called after ISIS, Ebola and God knows what else. 

Not saying any politically affiliated airlines should be removed; but there should be limits strictly put in place. 

LATAM

post-80164-0-57964300-1517860417.png

westonallen0990

westonallen0990

CEO

• 58 posts

It doesn't matter, if you are "offended" by it, then ignore it or report it if you must. 

Planes I've flown onboard: 747-400 (3x), 747-300 (1x), 757-200 (11x), 767-300ER (3x), 767-300 (1x), 757-300 (4x), 737-800 (3x), CRJ200 (4x), MD-11 (2x), 777-200 (2x), Q400 (2x), E175 (2x), 717-200 (3x), A321 (1), A320 (5x), A319 (1x), A340-300 (1x), American Champion 8KCAB Decathlon (1x), C152 (Hundreds of Times), C150 (~50 times), C172 (14x), A310-300 (5x), A330-200 (3x)

Flown with (In no particular order): Air Canada, KLM, United, United Express, US Airways, US Airways Shuttle, WestJet, Air Transat, Air Wisconsin, ExpressJet, Air Georgian, Icelandair, Thomas Cook Airlines, Canada 3000, euroAtlantic, American Airlines, Porter, Martinair, Mesa Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Air Canada Express, GoJet, SkyService, 

LATAM

LATAM

The neutral member

• 570 posts

User's Awards

It doesn't matter, if you are "offended" by it, then ignore it or report it if you must. 

There's a difference between a player being offended because of an airline called Trump airlines, and one based of Ebola. Since this is AE, where we are in theory supposed to welcome all kinds of members, what kind of sign are we saying to new/potential players that we have airlines named after terrorist organizations and diseases which killed thousands, just to mention some? 

LATAM

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

If it really bothers you this much just report the guy

If you don't get a response from a mod or see any action taken just PM Yuxi. I can draw a flowchart for you if you'd like.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

LATAM

LATAM

The neutral member

• 570 posts

User's Awards

If it really bothers you this much just report the guy

If you don't get a response from a mod or see any action taken just PM Yuxi. I can draw a flowchart for you if you'd like.

No its fine. I get it. Just wanted to get an idea of what people thought of the idea. 

It's clear people don't want something implemented. Message recieved. 

LATAM 

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

There's a difference between a player being offended because of an airline called Trump airlines, and one based of Ebola. Since this is AE, where we are in theory supposed to welcome all kinds of members, what kind of sign are we saying to new/potential players that we have airlines named after terrorist organizations and diseases which killed thousands, just to mention some? 

LATAM

Yes. Trump is probably okay (even though I hate him), but maybe not Ebola.

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

I am willing to change the Trump airline.

I have started 2 others since then, both are non political and snowflake approved. 

If you can't tell from the tag line ... "The most beautiful landings you've ever seen"  It was supposed to be a joke... a bit offensive?? yes.. of course... he is the most hated person on the planet ... but this is a game... its okay to have a name that triggers a bit imo.

I am currently sharing the line with a longstanding member. I have asked him to pick a new name, logo, an livery but he hasnt yet so please feel free to suggest one here or message me in private. Rest easy knowing it will be changed sooner than later. 

Thx and sry ... kinda... I still think some people are way to easily offended but that doesnt mean I want to go out of my way to make people upset.... 

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

Yes. Trump is probably okay (even though I hate him), but maybe not Ebola.

why do you hate trump? aren't you asian or something?

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Everybody hates trump, they just support him now because they know he is dumb enough to be thrown under the bus at the end of the game.

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

Everybody hates trump, they just support him now because they know he is dumb enough to be thrown under the bus at the end of the game.

how can people hate someone who isn't their president and hasn't declared war against their countries or said something stupid about their country?

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

Yes, I am Asian. He is racist.

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

I haven't met any 70+ year old people who are not racist, and that includes white, black, asian, purple, red, whatever... they are all racist. 

I am never voting for a senior citizen again in my life.. I don't care what party they represent... I'd rather abstain.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

how can people hate someone who isn't their president and hasn't declared war against their countries or said something stupid about their country?

How can someone hate Hitler? Oh wait....

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

How can someone hate Hitler? Oh wait....

There's a huge difference. Hitler was a monster. Trump is racist, I know and I don't like it, but I live in another country on another continent. We have our own problems here.

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

YEAH, SNOWFLAKES ARE INFESTING THE FORUMS

BV6atB1.jpg

Max Devo

Max Devo

Extra spicy memes

• 363 posts

inb4 thread gets locked

tumblr_nfjii5i0Ky1sorz3uo1_250.jpg

DWProski

DWProski

AE's (Former) Ambassador to Bosnia

• 403 posts
I like my airline names the same as my maymays.

edgy

image.png

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

Gyg7NHK.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users