- - - - - AE 3.1 AE 4.0

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

sargester

sargester

#BRINGBACKTHEOLDCOLORSAA

• 139 posts

User's Awards

I'm tired of seeing airlines that don't exist anymore and pictures of planes at weird angles or just bad shots altogether. I mean a picture of an E-175LR is not hard to come by, and the picture of the plane is the belly, and I feel that it's not that hard of implementation to the game to fix the pictures. New aircraft... the a320neo family has been flying now for a year, and same can be said fo the 737 max family. To sum this all up I just want to have the pics updated and the new airplanes to get a thumbnail... this might just be a flake of my OCD getting to me but these are just my thoughts that all thank you.

JC

Cyprus_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifItaly_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Delta-Northwest

Delta-Northwest

AE Viking!

• Data Manager
  • 705 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

There is strict requirements for the pictures used ingame here at AE, so we cannot simply just pull one off google and use it.

Delta-Northwest  :viking: 

sargester

sargester

#BRINGBACKTHEOLDCOLORSAA

• 139 posts

User's Awards

There is strict requirements for the pictures used ingame here at AE, so we cannot simply just pull one off google and use it.

Real strict... this is a joke then

Real strict... this is a joke them

this

Attached Files

Cyprus_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifItaly_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Chubby Bear

Chubby Bear

AE's Noob

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2    5      

I also realize that there are restrictions, but if you outline the requirements, Im sure he would be happy to find some for you to add if it bothers him.

South-Africa_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNew-Zealand_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

9IYxwsM.png

ND7sS8w.jpg

#AspireMember  #EnvoyMember #Unknown Alien Species #WorldAllianceMember

Delta-Northwest

Delta-Northwest

AE Viking!

• Data Manager
  • 705 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

The main rule when selecting immages for the database is that the immage is copyright free as there is no way to attribute immages to the rightfull owner.

Then there is guidelines about angle etc, wich where etablished in 2015, wich is after most pictures where added to the database.

Delta-Northwest  :viking: 

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

The main rule when selecting immages for the database is that the immage is copyright free as there is no way to attribute immages to the rightfull owner.
Then there is guidelines about angle etc, wich where etablished in 2015, wich is after most pictures where added to the database.

Would you be able to add images from different A.E. users? Then you wouldn't have to worry about copyright because you already know who the owner is. I personally would be happy to get some pics of different aircraft.

At DCA you can walk in the airport and see all the aircraft without going through security.

I'm tired of seeing airlines that don't exist anymore and pictures of planes at weird angles or just bad shots altogether. I mean a picture of an E-175LR is not hard to come by, and the picture of the plane is the belly, and I feel that it's not that hard of implementation to the game to fix the pictures. New aircraft... the a320neo family has been flying now for a year, and same can be said fo the 737 max family. To sum this all up I just want to have the pics updated and the new airplanes to get a thumbnail... this might just be a flake of my OCD getting to me but these are just my thoughts that all thank you.

JC

I second this.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

5280_Av8r

5280_Av8r

• 265 posts

User's Awards

I'm tired of seeing airlines that don't exist anymore and pictures of planes at weird angles or just bad shots altogether. I mean a picture of an E-175LR is not hard to come by, and the picture of the plane is the belly, and I feel that it's not that hard of implementation to the game to fix the pictures. New aircraft... the a320neo family has been flying now for a year, and same can be said fo the 737 max family. To sum this all up I just want to have the pics updated and the new airplanes to get a thumbnail... this might just be a flake of my OCD getting to me but these are just my thoughts that all thank you.

JC

I agree with this, it's a little annoying seeing pictures that are at weird angles, are of defunct airlines, or are of old liveries that have since been updated as long as that plane was repainted. Air Baltic, Swiss, and Korean have had the CS300 and CS100 for awhile, so they should try to get those in. I don't like seeing an unpainted aircraft for the image.

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts
I agree with this. There could be a huge variety of photos to choose from since anyone could send their very own photo of an aircraft. Surely there's going to be at least a picture that fullfils AE's requirements.

5280_Av8r

5280_Av8r

• 265 posts

User's Awards

For people who like designing liveries, there could be an option to insert your own livery design for the particular aircraft. People wouldn't be able to do this until they had the aircraft in their possession either through lease or buying it. IDK just a though

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

I agree with this. There could be a huge variety of photos to choose from since anyone could send their very own photo of an aircraft. Surely there's going to be at least a picture that fullfils AE's requirements.

There's also the AE gallery which is already full of photos.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts

There's also the AE gallery which is already full of photos.

^ And lots of good ones as well.

A220

A220

A220 ftw

• 327 posts

Yeah, why don't you just pluck some from the gallery? Just ask the people, and I doubt anyone will say no. This is minor, but still.

BV6atB1.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AE 3.1, AE 4.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users