• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   
Whenever I think LCCs, I think bare-bones, economy-only products and service that just can't beat the prestige and heritage of legacy airlines, which is one reason why I always shun them in AE worlds. Another reason is that it feels too cheap and low-quality to satisfy my tastes. Even hybrid airlines, in my perspective, can't match the feeling of running a legacy airline, and all this is partly why I tend to be quite restrictive about the countries and airports I choose to run my airlines. In other words, I always make sure the country I run my airline doesn't get too much competition so I wouldn't be forced to adopt an LCC philosophy. I know some players enjoy running LCCs, but this business model isn't right for me. Hence, it means I shall never run an LCC for as long as I play in AE...

dead pigeon?

dead pigeon?

nobody's friend

• 140 posts

k

Guest_Adam0896_*

Guest_Adam0896_*
  • Guests

Jeez you make LCC's sound like a sin, chill out.

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

Whenever I think LCCs, I think bare-bones, economy-only products and service that just can't beat the prestige and heritage of legacy airlines, which is one reason why I always shun them in AE worlds. Another reason is that it feels too cheap and low-quality to satisfy my tastes. Even hybrid airlines, in my perspective, can't match the feeling of running a legacy airline, and all this is partly why I tend to be quite restrictive about the countries and airports I choose to run my airlines. In other words, I always make sure the country I run my airline doesn't get too much competition so I wouldn't be forced to adopt an LCC philosophy. I know some players enjoy running LCCs, but this business model isn't right for me. Hence, it means I shall never run an LCC for as long as I play in AE...

Well for me I have no problem with running LCCs. Even my name, Classicale Air, is based of a fictional LCC I made up and drew seat maps of when I was younger!

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

Well for me I have no problem with running LCCs. Even my name, Classicale Air, is based of a fictional LCC I made up and drew seat maps of when I was younger!

But I do. Since the very first days I played AE I always envisioned running a legacy airline as realistically as possible in the name of upping reputation and gaining prestige in worlds played.

Jezza.

Jezza.

AE's resident Yooper.

• 438 posts

Have you ever flown with Southwest Airlines? I'm pretty sure they're fairly good for an LCC. And what about AS/VX or B6? They're hybrids, but they can rival the quality of legacies.

DWA_Sig_3_15.png

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

Have you ever flown with Southwest Airlines? I'm pretty sure they're fairly good for an LCC. And what about AS/VX or B6? They're hybrids, but they can rival the quality of legacies.

No, but the "cheap and cheesy" image factor throws me off when it comes to running one in AE. And some LCCs like Spirit will only give you a bigger seat as a "premium" offering and pretty much nothing else. Besides, I tend to shun the US market completely because of so much competition and vulnerability to spamlines.

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

Totally agree. None of the US legacies can rival JetBlue's service. Even though they're condsidered low-cost they have the best domestic product of them all. JetBlue offers 32-33" seat pitch, free WiFi, and free seat back IFE(Direct TV) on every aircraft. Not just some aircraft, not in certain classes but fleetwide.

With all that seat slimming the legacies are doing, they really can't top B6.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

Guest_Adam0896_*

Guest_Adam0896_*
  • Guests

Totally agree. None of the US legacies can rival JetBlue's service. Even though they're condsidered low-cost they have the best domestic product of them all. JetBlue offers 32-33" seat pitch, free WiFi, and free seat back IFE(Direct TV) on every aircraft. Not just some aircraft, not in certain classes but fleetwide.

With all that seat slimming the legacies are doing, they really can't top B6.

EXACTLY! I'd take jetBlue over any of the legacies any day. In fact, I would only take a legacy carrier if I absolutely had to in order to get to my destination. Otherwise, if given the choice, I’d take a carrier like JetBlue over others in a heartbeat.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      

I used to think running a legacy-style airline would be a rather good roleplay. Then I experimented with a pure spamliner and found that my productivity level on AE skyrocketed.

qRn0iGD.png

WAZZ

WAZZ

Fan of being inactive

• 298 posts
  • Skype Name:wazzupyoshi

User's Awards

EXACTLY! I'd take jetBlue over any of the legacies any day.

Much of the same. JetBlue is amazing stuff. Flew on their E190s in November 2016 on a trip to Universal Orlando, I don't think you can get more comfort than that. Unfortunately they only operate within the Americas, and they don't fly to many destinations nonstop from my home airport of EWR. Still, it's a ****ing great airline.

Though if I'm going to be honest here, I've only been on 3 trips by plane on 2 airlines, the other ones a trip to Disney World through Continental (i assume) in November 2010 and a trip to see my aunt in Arizona through JetBlue sometime in 2005 or 2006 (also the only time i've ever flown out of JFK to this day), and I barely remember either of them, so I really don't have anything to go on. ¯\_ツ_/¯

Discord: Farko#3900 lolbanned

Guest_Adam0896_*

Guest_Adam0896_*
  • Guests

Much of the same. JetBlue is amazing stuff. Flew on their E190s in November 2016 on a trip to Universal Orlando, I don't think you can get more comfort than that. Unfortunately they only operate within the Americas, and they don't fly to many destinations nonstop from my home airport of EWR. Still, it's a ****ing great airline.
Though if I'm going to be honest here, I've only been on 3 trips by plane on 2 airlines, the other ones a trip to Disney World through Continental (i assume) in November 2010 and a trip to see my aunt in Arizona through JetBlue sometime in 2005 or 2006 (also the only time i've ever flown out of JFK to this day), and I barely remember either of them, so I really don't have anything to go on. ¯\_ツ_/¯

Yeah, anytime I’ve EVER gone to Florida (bout 5-6 Times), I’ve flown Southwest down there everytime. The only reason I was flying Southwest and not JetBlue was cause I live closer to Albany, NY than I do Boston, and at the time, B6 wasn’t offering flights to MCO from ALB when WN did.

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

I run "legacy" airlines. I find them the most fun, as micromanagement is a bigger factor, and alot of the time, particular routes or aircraft gain character (due to their ridiculousness or profit figures).

puglife

puglife

• 8 posts

User's Awards

„Drew seat Maps” Been there before aha

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

„Drew seat Maps” Been there before aha

How old were you when you did?

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

But I do. Since the very first days I played AE I always envisioned running a legacy airline as realistically as possible in the name of upping reputation and gaining prestige in worlds played.

Well, Classicale Air is not a ULCC. It's kinda like a hybrid but not quite. Or at least that's what I'm hoping...

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

Unfortunately they only operate within the Americas

Not for long. jetBlue is looking at possible transatlantic operations utilizing A321LRs. Apparently it has a decent range according to what I found, so it can go places like Italy, UK, Swedistan, Spain, Portugal, Malta ( :lol:), Czech Republic, and all those places.

siggie3.png

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

Not for long. jetBlue is looking at possible transatlantic operations utilizing A321LRs. Apparently it has a decent range according to what I found, so it can go places like Italy, UK, Swedistan, Spain, Portugal, Malta ( :lol:), Czech Republic, and all those places.

But they're leisure destinations, and I always prefer business destinations when playing AE. I doubt jetBlue would attract business travelers if they're preferably looking for holiday traffic.

Guest_Adam0896_*

Guest_Adam0896_*
  • Guests

But they're leisure destinations, and I always prefer business destinations when playing AE. I doubt jetBlue would attract business travelers if they're preferably looking for holiday traffic.

Well of course, if you understand what each individual business model is seeking in terms of passengers, you'd understand. Typically, the ULCC's and LCC's base their model around their low fares, and purposefully attempt to attract those likely looking into vacation or leisure deals, it's exactly what they're marketing for.

Then you have the Niche/Regional and Legacy carriers, which focus more on selling the product of 'experience', which is why Niche/Regionals and legacies are more prone to attract business fliers.

Sure, LCC's can be 'cheap'. But you need to realize that it's that exact principle that makes them so successful, they're cheap! The majority of people flying don't necessarily care that much about the "experience", they just want to get to their destination, and do it in the most affordable means possible. All airlines get these types of passengers, but you're most likely to find them flying with LCC's because they market a cheaper flight than the legacies. Obviously, being super cramped on an airplane is going to piss everyone off, but you don't feel super cramped on a Southwest plane, and you certainly don't feel that way on a jetBlue plane either.

It's just that a vast majority of AE members are of the variety that do in fact care about all these aspects, so you're more likely to hear conversations about quality and space over the necessity of getting somewhere in a more affordable fashion. And rightfully so, almost everyone on this website is an aviation buff, or in the very least, shows some form of interest for aviation and quality flying experience.

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

Well of course, if you understand what each individual business model is seeking in terms of passengers, you'd understand. Typically, the ULCC's and LCC's base their model around their low fares, and purposefully attempt to attract those likely looking into vacation or leisure deals, it's exactly what they're marketing for.

Then you have the Niche/Regional and Legacy carriers, which focus more on selling the product of 'experience', which is why Niche/Regionals and legacies are more prone to attract business fliers.

Sure, LCC's can be 'cheap'. But you need to realize that it's that exact principle that makes them so successful, they're cheap! The majority of people flying don't necessarily care that much about the "experience", they just want to get to their destination, and do it in the most affordable means possible. All airlines get these types of passengers, but you're most likely to find them flying with LCC's because they market a cheaper flight than the legacies. Obviously, being super cramped on an airplane is going to piss everyone off, but you don't feel super cramped on a Southwest plane, and you certainly don't feel that way on a jetBlue plane either.

It's just that a vast majority of AE members are of the variety that do in fact care about all these aspects, so you're more likely to hear conversations about quality and space over the necessity of getting somewhere in a more affordable fashion. And rightfully so, almost everyone on this website is an aviation buff, or in the very least, shows some form of interest for aviation and quality flying experience.

And I surely care more about quality than affordability, hence why I loathe a low-cost, leisure-oriented business model.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users