Photo

Rα Temporarily Slowing Down to 20 min/day (Updated)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,363 posts

Because the unusually high airline activity in the Rα game world is bumping up against performance constraints, I am slowing down the world to 30 minutes per day (it was originally 15 and was reduced to 20 a while ago). It will stay that way until performance improvements are implemented over the next few weeks.

Update (Jan 17): I've made some performance improvements and moved the world back up to 20 min/day.

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

#AE4

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

15    19    9    2   

Is The Emperor in that game world?

Thanks Yuxi for all your efforts. Love your work.

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

Yep, and he has like 50 airlines too all with insane fleet sizes. Click on any airport and all you see is alphabet soup.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

Mr PAG

Mr PAG

Head Admin of SkyRoutes Alliance

• 1,074 posts

User's Awards

Yep, and he has like 50 airlines too all with insane fleet sizes. Click on any airport and all you see is alphabet soup.

Thought it was 100+?

Mr PAG 

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

He is flooding routes... maybe that's subject for a ban?

wgOP4y0.jpg

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

#AE4

SUJETO

SUJETO

Proud Virtual Airliner since 1989

• 295 posts

User's Awards

4    2      

Exactly like i said , maybe he uses BOTS to operate their spammies. Because there are no human capacity to attend monstrous operation ...

i bet he is flooding with IP requests the server. like a DOSS attack in low level 

For me is not strange.

____________________EEEn_____________________:oS;
_____________________EEEE:__:-_____-lcneEg+.*EE--
_____________________*EEOEOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-oOEV
____________:;;--+++-oEEOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
__.:::::::.______::::__*CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEglCS
_.:-+++++++oEECgr**ll*VEECCJJogOEEE::EE__:E
____________;nEE:_______+*El+E-.

Carlos "SUJETO" Vargas Sánchez.

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

When I had an airline in that world, I would easily be tempted to rapidly expand my fleet and route network thanks to a massive flood of used aircraft I could just lease within seconds as opposed to ordering new leases and waiting for their deliveries. Turns out it only worked for a certain amount of time. By the time I already reached a maximum of routes, my profit margins were gradually starting to decline, which would eventually turn into mounting losses in upcoming months, further eroding my cash reserves and eventually leading to an accumulation of past due lease payments. Buying out some leases, replacing older planes, and charging more for IFS wouldn't help, either, as they wouldn't suffice to cover ever-escalating expenses. To make matters worse, I couldn't even lay off some staff, and their morale would be destroyed if I cut their pay. And finally, I even tried starting over from scratch by closing most of my hubs, selling all my owned aircraft, and resuming with just a few DC-10s. But even this wouldn't solve anything, as I would once again fall into negative cash value and then be left with no aircraft at all as the remaining ones have been seized for non-payment of leases. And with no more cash in possession, I couldn't buy anymore aircraft to fly routes. So there you go...

Though the Emperor has helped my airline get a quick, hand-me-down boost at first, that brief period of rapid growth from his gold-mine surplus of young, used aircraft on the market eventually backfired on me later on to the point of being forced to file for bankruptcy and cease all operations. :(

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

Emperor of AE - Most Trophies, Undefeated. Universally beloved.

• 342 posts

User's Awards

60    63    143    14    3   

We are indeed in R Alpha with 151 airlines, including the top 126 (soon to be top 151).

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3    2       4      

We are indeed in R Alpha with 151 airlines, including the top 126 (soon to be top 151).

The Emperor's infinite wisdom knows no bounds.

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

my lord, might i express my profound admiration towards your success. it is a true marvel to behold.

BV6atB1.jpg

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

Like seriously, how do you have so much free time?
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

• 342 posts

User's Awards

We acknowledge the loyalty of our good subjects.

Like seriously, how do you have so much free time?

Once the system is set up, we can add $1bn DOP in about 3 minutes. The vast bulk of my airlines have only 2-3 routes, the first of which is with a starter aircraft that "seeds" growth by starting at ~$6mn DOP. Then, after a few IRL days, we just buy some cheap older frames on the used market and jump up to $500mn DOP. That's good enough to beat all non-Imperial airlines.

mastacheifa118

mastacheifa118

A trombone player

• 92 posts

He is flooding routes... maybe that's subject for a ban?

There are only 2 listed "game rules"

Here is one of them:

• Multiple airlines owned by the same player in a world cannot be used to give an unfair advantage to each other (selling aircraft to each other to get around delivery slot limits, flooding routes together to gain market share, etc).

You tell me.

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3    2       4      

We acknowledge the loyalty of our good subjects.

Once the system is set up, we can add $1bn DOP in about 3 minutes. The vast bulk of my airlines have only 2-3 routes, the first of which is with a starter aircraft that "seeds" growth by starting at ~$6mn DOP. Then, after a few IRL days, we just buy some cheap older frames on the used market and jump up to $500mn DOP. That's good enough to beat all non-Imperial airlines.

Just took a look at the Emperor's airline empire and confirmed that the Emperor's wisdom knows no bounds. We can only hope that he shall spread his infinite wisdom upon us and we may be 1/1,000th as great as the Emperor.

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

15    19    9    2   

LOL! Way to go boss!  :D

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

• 342 posts

User's Awards

LOL! Way to go boss!  :D

Wow, praise from Caesar.

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

Wow, praise from Caesar.

Just eat a MD-80...  :P

Capt.L1011

Capt.L1011

AE Addict To-Be

• 16 posts

User's Awards

So as much as I don't like what the Emperor is doing you can't really fault him for doing what the game allows him to do.

The OBVIOUS solution is to alter the parameters and not allow more than one airline per player. In addition put a limit on the number of hubs an airline can have based on the size of the country the airline is in. A huge country like USA or China limit to 3-5 or so. Small countries you get 1.

Different players like different parameters probably. I would be nice if AE offered more of a variety of limitations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users