Photo

Is leasing the best option with big planes?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

colombian_aviator

colombian_aviator

SpaceX fan + Hardbass addict

• 135 posts

So since I ran out of routes with high demand to do in europe i was thinking on doing long-haul flights and I was looking through all the different prices for the 777 and a330. And I did some calculating and leasing showed to be around 20% cheaper since there's only a limited time obviously. And it totally makes sense that the price is gonna be higher if you buy aircraft beacuse you have it for a long time... So what the question is, Is leasing really 20% cheaper like I calculated or is there a mechanic behind that I'm not seeing?

-Best regards, Salvador

rush b cyka

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts
Depends on what seat configs you equip your aircraft with and what route you put them in. Long range aircraft have a specific range in which they're efficient and profitable (for me at least). A lease for the 777-300ER for 10 years is around 1 million, plus maintenance costs and other so you may have trouble to make good profit. After you've made some money, I suggest you buy your Long-Haul aircraft for maximum profit. For me, leasing isn't the best solution because the monthly leases can really hurt your income.

mastacheifa118

mastacheifa118

A trombone player

• 92 posts

Once you get enough money, the costs of leasing would not be noticeable. I have a fleet of around 100 aircraft, and about 85 of them are leased. The thing that hurts my income the most at this point is fuel costs, but there is really nothing I can do about that until more efficient aircraft come around. 

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts
It is but buying them increases valuation. That's why I bought my entire fleet and jumped like 6 ranks one time.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

I personally prefer leasing my aircraft on 10 year contracts then outright buying them at the end of those contracts, if not just outright buying them in the first place. It's how I can get away with none of my airlines having any cash and still getting as big as they are.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

colombian_aviator

colombian_aviator

SpaceX fan + Hardbass addict

• 135 posts

I personally prefer leasing my aircraft on 10 year contracts then outright buying them at the end of those contracts, if not just outright buying them in the first place. It's how I can get away with none of my airlines having any cash and still getting as big as they are.

So you can buy aircraft that you have leased atm?

rush b cyka

KMRobinson318

KMRobinson318

Not a spamliner

• 115 posts

So you can buy aircraft that you have leased atm?

Yes, any aircraft you're leasing can be bought from the lessor (as long as you can afford it).

"I'm not ashamed of the things I've done; I took the plane when I should have run" - Stuart Adamson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users