9 replies to this topic

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3    2       4      

Hi guys,

Some of you who have been around here long enough know that I've transformed as a player from someone who didn't really understand seat configs and IFE and IFS to someone who is somewhat conscious of it.

I just wanted some feedback on my latest "spamline" (I put it in quotes because it's not a full spamline but it's definitely not a realistic airline either), especially about some of the configs on my airliners, particularly the longer range versions.

http://ae31.airline-...e3o1&player=267

I tried to make it somewhat realistic with everything on the long-haul planes

For example, my 787-8s that I use on international routes have a 8F 42C 166Y config with my New 2008 IFE System and my 747-400s use a 8F 42C 375Y config with my New 2008 system in all classes.

I have 3 IFE systems in use

Fantasy Sky, which is the basic one I started with and is 5 star Cabin Movie Projectors (20 per 100 seats), and 5 star AVOD.

Then New 1995, which adds 5 star Flight Tracker

Then New 2008 which adds 5 star everything else.

And of course my IFS includes free 4 star meals with one pay for 5 star meal option and free snacks, as well as all the amenities except for pay for In Flight Souvenirs.

I'll take whatever feedback I can get good or bad so fire away!

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

Dear lord, definitely a spamline.

That fleet list and the amount of hubs you have is truly huge, and you have up to 3 seat configurations running on the same type of plane.

siggie3.png

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3    2       4      

I'm pretty sure many airlines in the real world have several different configurations for a single aircraft type. For me, I use the more spacious configs on longer international routes, and then use the more dense configs for domestic operations, usually of 1,000 miles or less.

I disagree with you that I am "definitely" a spamline. Yes, I do have some components of a spamline, such as the fleet types (I mean, Russian planes!) and some of the configs on my shorter haul planes, but I have full IFE and IFS as well. This is to compare to the full-on spamlines that use full 660Y 747s and no/scam IFE and IFS as well as the airlines that have around 7 configs for one aircraft type that make it virtually impossible for me to make profit on routes. Most routes with competition I tend to only make around $10-30k because they use the 660Y 747s and lower the prices to unnecessarily low levels (by as much as 300 lower than the lowest price point).

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
>not a spamline
>has thirty thousand planes

good joke

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

I'm pretty sure many airlines in the real world have several different configurations for a single aircraft type. For me, I use the more spacious configs on longer international routes, and then use the more dense configs for domestic operations, usually of 1,000 miles or less.

I disagree with you that I am "definitely" a spamline. Yes, I do have some components of a spamline, such as the fleet types (I mean, Russian planes!) and some of the configs on my shorter haul planes, but I have full IFE and IFS as well. This is to compare to the full-on spamlines that use full 660Y 747s and no/scam IFE and IFS as well as the airlines that have around 7 configs for one aircraft type that make it virtually impossible for me to make profit on routes. Most routes with competition I tend to only make around $10-30k because they use the 660Y 747s and lower the prices to unnecessarily low levels (by as much as 300 lower than the lowest price point).

oh buddy...

this is the definition of spamline

BV6atB1.jpg

DL727

DL727

Blue Horseshoe loves Blue Star Airlines, Got it?

• 42 posts

Pretty hard to not call it a spamline, but holy good god I commend you on your ability to rack up a fleet list that long!

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3    2       4      

So, if my understanding is correct, all airlines that encompass at least one element of a spamline is a spamline? Is that my understanding? If so, then I'm pretty sure 95% of the airlines in this game are spamlines and that's what you all are so upset about all the time? I used to play realistic but then I realized I could not compete with the spamlines so I became a modified version of one. One that could still compete but also retain some realistic characteristics as well.

And DL it actually wasn't really hard. I just happened to be in a good place when an airline would go out of business and I would buy all of the planes on the market. Didn't know about the 30,000 plane limit until it was too late but I can't sell my planes either because the server can't handle it so oh well. If I had known about that restriction I would've just bought the Airbus, Boeing, and McDonnell Douglas planes instead of EVERYTHING.

Also, as a point, I will ask for CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. There's a reason. I WANT TO IMPROVE.

Simply saying I am a spamline and definitely a spam line is NOT the reason I started this thread.

I know it is a spamline. I wouldn't say it's a full-on spamline, but it fits the category of a spamline more than a realistic airline. That doesn't help me in the slightest.

Now if you said you're airline's a spamline and then offered tips to change that that would be different and that's what I was looking for.

I know I need to get rid of the Russian planes but since I can't sell planes right now because the server can't handle my fleet size then oh well. I'll just change it on the start of my new project when the Open worlds reset.

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3    2       4      

http://www.airline-e...tion-guideline/

Also found this thread. Found it interesting.

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

15    19    9    2   

It's certainly an impressive fleet list. Can I ask how many of those aircraft are idle?

By way of constructive feedback, I notice that you have aircraft on order across multiple types in the same aircraft "families". For example, your A300's, your A340's, B737, B747, CRJ's, ERJ's, etc. The problem there is that you're spending a lot of money on aircraft you're not going to get for a long time. When you order multiple models of the same type (for example, just about every variety of B737), each batch order has to get in the queue behind the previous batch order.  So if you order 100 B737-300's & then 10 B737-500's, you wont get those 10 -500's until the entire batch of -300's have been delivered.

The Daily Pax figure on the leader board is one of the most important numbers, & yours is huge. Keep up the good work!

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3    2       4      

To answer your questions:

I have about 15,500 planes idle. Yeah I know. I have a used market aircraft buying problem. It's just that when I played in previous games I could never amass an airline of this size by myself and when I finally had the power to buy used aircraft and buy all of the used aircraft I kinda went crazy.

Quite simply when I buy all of those aircraft in the family it's because I have too much money on my hands. I currently have $1.5 trillion cash on hand and when you have that much cash and the cash flow is positive you simply don't care haha. I waited until I knew my airline was growing very fast and then did that. I learned the hard way in one of my early attempts and tried to do that before my airline was ready and it went bankrupt.

The top 2 in ranking in my world go to show you how broken the game is. Their Daily Pax numbers are 1/4 and 1/3 of my airline respectively and they still have a $1 trillion lead over me. Obviously abusing the connecting passengers bug.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users