- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

TorqueWrench

TorqueWrench

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 446 posts

Will all aircraft continue to be delivered at the month change, or will the backorder system be back to work in this round? Just curious as it plays into my strategy.

Did you read this thread in its entireity?

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
Mr. Wrench, since you've fixed the range of the 744D, fuel for 777s, and seats for the A346, is there any way to fix the range of the 777-200LR or would that require a reset?
Kevin
ID: 1754

Posted Image

aerospaceair

aerospaceair

• 126 posts
Yay, seems that Boeing and Airbus are now more equal like they should be.

Phil2016

Phil2016

• 37 posts

Did you read this thread in its entireity?

Now I have, again...I missed that the first round.

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts
Read ALL your posts TW and nice to see improvements, let's now hope some old faces return and make this game interesting again. Thanks :)
Posted Image

VC-10

VC-10

• 706 posts
Cool. Though it would be much fairer if the PAX numbers were for All Eco or something....

Edit: While going through the 777s for my table, I noticed that the -300ER has not been changed. Also the A340-600 is irrelevant because it has less passengers than the A340-300!!!!!
Proud member of the GoldenSKY Alliance, PM me to join!
Fleet:
3 Beach 1900D
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
British World Airlines-bwa No 3753
Posted Image

Salomon

Salomon

• 211 posts
The turn around time for the 747D should also be changed. 140 minutes is a lot for short flights.
Takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory.
http://i20.photobuck...ingstemp4oo.bmp

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
Hmmm, now that I remember, I was spotting at the ANA side of HND and they turned a 747D around in about an hour.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Hmmm, now that I remember, I was spotting at the ANA side of HND and they turned a 747D around in about an hour.

think you all will be interested to read this little clipping on a lot of Boeing turn-a-rounds:

Air Namibia Acquires Boeing 747-400 Combi
WINDHOEK, Namibia, April 21, 1999 -- Air Namibia, flag carrier for the southern Africa nation of Namibia, has purchased a new 747-400 Combi, The Boeing Company confirmed today. The airplane will be delivered in October 1999.

During a press briefing with local Namibian media today, Paul Bride, sales director - Boeing Commercial Airplanes Group, said Air Namibia's acquisition is an important milestone in the airline's development.

"Air Namibia has formulated a strategy for commercial success that adds large-capacity cargo service to world-class passenger service. Expanded cargo capacity will allow Air Namibia to serve the transportation requirements of the important Namibian fishing industry. Air Namibia has selected the ideal airplane to implement this new business plan," Bride said. "The 747-400 Combi is the only airplane that provides the required cargo and passenger capacity, and does so at the lowest operating costs."

The 747-400 Combi for Air Namibia will carry 284 passengers in a three-class configuration and carry up to 40 tonnes of cargo. General Electric engines will power the airplane on its routes to and from Europe, flying primarily between Windhoek and Frankfurt.

The 747-400 Combi has been used successfully by airlines around the world to serve their long-range passenger and cargo requirements. The Combi has a large side-cargo door behind the left wing, which provides access to the main deck cargo area. The Combi main deck cargo facility allows an airline to carry cargo much like a freighter airplane, while retaining the full passenger comfort of the airplane most travelers prefer - the Boeing 747-400. Another reason for the Combi's popularity is that it can be scheduled through an airport with the same turnaround time of 62 min's as any other passenger 747. Cargo operations do not interfere with passenger service. The 747-400 Combi incorporates additional fire protection, a two-crew digital flight deck, advanced engines, wingtip extensions with winglets and new interiors.

The combined passenger and cargo carrying capabilities of the 747-400 Combi will generate greater revenue for Air Namibia than other aircraft in the marketplace. Maximizing service to the combined passenger and cargo markets opens the door to a new era of commercial success at Air Namibia.

Air Namibia will receive the financial benefits of a 747-400 Combi aircraft available from inventory at a very competitive price. In fact, the annual cost of owning and operating this new airplane will be less than that of a comparable used airplane.

Boeing will also support Air Namibia's introduction of the 747-400 Combi with a comprehensive package of customer services including staff, flight crew and maintenance training, technical assistance and local field service support. This package is designed to assist Air Namibia in achieving the high level of customer satisfaction it is targeting to ensure its commercial success.

and this extract - This times I love

United enlists help from NASCAR to turn planes faster
United says it plans to add 125 flights to its schedule, all without putting a single extra aircraft in the air. To help make that happen, United has hired NASCAR pit crews to train ramp workers to help to speed up the time it takes to turnaround a plane after it lands and get it back in the air again down from 1-hour to 1/3rd of this time frame, reports Medill News Service/CBS 2. United COO Peter McDonald says those types of efficiency increases are important for the carrier if it is to build on the $7 billion a year in costs it was able to trim during its three-year bankruptcy stay. McDonald also says that focusing on niche products -- like discount service Ted, Economy Plus seating and its premium p.s. service -- will help the airline return to profitability. Ray Neidl, an aviation analyst with Calyon Securities, thinks United is headed in the right direction. "It's good that they are doing these things," he says. But, he adds, the airline’s “unit-cost structure has to come down a little bit if they want to be competitive."

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

opps ment to say 1-hour guess was good as one says 1:02 and the other says 1 hour exactly :)

TimS

TimS

• 204 posts
One hour turn-around times are not exremely short for 747s, really they are not. I have been at the handling for quite a few of them, as ground crew, and the only reason we took longer than the one hour was slot-related. We had the time to take it slow, but we would still get it done in about that one hour time, no problem..

Same for loading.unloading Easyjet A319s in 15 minutes..

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
ARGHHHHH!!!!! i COME BACK FROM phx AND THE FIRST THING i SEE IS THIS??!?!?!??!?!?!

*sigh* guess I'll be off to a slow start this time around. :)
My eyes went skyward and never came down.

Embre Air: Your Embre in the sky
ID#2066

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

ARGHHHHH!!!!! i COME BACK FROM phx AND THE FIRST THING i SEE IS THIS??!?!?!??!?!?!

tough luck :)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Could not have happened to a better person Suffer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users