The World's Fastest Airline Challenge

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      

You didn't seem to check your airline for 6 in-game months. I never stalked you so who knows what happened.

qRn0iGD.png

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

You didn't seem to check your airline for 6 in-game months. I never stalked you so who knows what happened.

Got bored of it. Supercruise (PingPong's airline) also got bankrupt and I promise you I didn't stalk him, but I'm not sure whether HE stalked ME. He might have TBH

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Got bored of it. Supercruise (PingPong's airline) also got bankrupt and I promise you I didn't stalk him, but I'm not sure whether HE stalked ME. He might have TBH

Get over yourself

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

Get over yourself

Fine, fine, fine

KSmashMC

KSmashMC

AE Addict To-Be

• 17 posts

Just a taste of things to come... I don't have this airline all-supersonic yet but it soon will be. This is just one all-Concorde route:

[edited for better view]

Please please tell me how you did this!!!

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

Emperor of AE - Most Trophies, Undefeated. Universally beloved.

• 342 posts

User's Awards

60    63    143    14    3   

Please please tell me how you did this!!!

Copy-paste from a previous reply to this question:

Any all-Y route can support up to 0.2% of the total airline traffic of all allied airlines that hubs at each end of the route.

-you must be in an alliance

-you must have an all-Y configuration

-total traffic of hubbed allies (including your own airline) is all that matters, not the amount of flights to the hub or traffic specifically at the hub (stupid I know)

-you must build hubs at each end of the route to maximize traffic and/or price

-if you don't use the full 0.2% of potential traffic, you can raise prices instead

-your strategic goal for any route is BOTH to maximize revenue and maximize pax in your alliance system - tradeoffs between these two goals are key

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

Emperor of AE - Most Trophies, Undefeated. Universally beloved.

• 342 posts

User's Awards

60    63    143    14    3   

Also:

you can add 0.2% percent of your daily pax per rankings table, but that will increase your rankings-table pax by 0.4%. Opening ~150 routes should double your pax if you do it right (1/250 = 0.4% but you'll want to anticipate traffic growth). 

The increase in prices tracks (1) default price times (2) an X factor based on total alliance traffic. That X factor doubles at approximately Logarithm base 10 of your traffic level. 

Knowing these parameters, you'll have to make tradeoffs between (1) maximizing traffic, (2) maximizing individual route profits, (3) searching for routes with the highest default prices, (4) crowding high-default-price routes versus opening more routes at lower density but for a higher X factor over a lower default price. 

Applying above all of these parameters is a meta-level about time and cognitive load efficiency versus game resource efficiency (i.e. how many planes and the size of your country/number of max routes). 

EDIT: By finding routes with highest default prices, I mean per-mile-flown, not absolute prices. Even more specifically, it's not per-mile-flown, but the best tradeoff between per-mile-flown and miles-flown-per-aircraft. That maximizing price point occurs at much shorter distances than is commonly flown.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Bump

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users