Photo

Is there no 707 replacement until the 757 in 1983?

O2

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

pupperoni

pupperoni

AE Addict To-Be

• 14 posts

User's Awards

My airline (ChongqingDirect, used to be a spamline and kinda still is but I'm working hard to change it) has a fleet of mostly around 200 seat, relatively long-range planes that are basically perfect for my routes. However, my Tu-114s and 707-320s are getting old and are really hurting my fleet age. I'm replacing the Tupolevs gradually with new leased 707s but I'm hesitant to order too many because they're a really old and inefficient plane. With 6 years until the 757 comes out, there truly is no replacement for my current fleet. I can't downsize, as no smaller planes have a 5000 mile range. Should I buy new widebodies like L1011s or DC10s and make less frequencies, or deal with the old planes and wait out the 752?

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
Both

You could probably upgauge some of your 707 routes to widebodies, and just wait for the 757 to replace thinner routes

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
And don't get too broken up about it. United Airlines kept their mid to late 60s vintage DC-8s until something like 1992 or 93

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

pupperoni

pupperoni

AE Addict To-Be

• 14 posts

User's Awards

I also need to reduce my 18-19hr daily use to more like 15

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

15    19    9    2   

The Tu-114's carry around 20 more pax than the 707, can fly almost as far, almost as fast, & do it on half the fuel. They might be a bit ugly, but they're very efficient. Replacing them with 707's, even new ones, seems a bit backward to me. The DC-8-50 is also comparable to the above, although has a slightly lower pax capacity & similar fuel burn to the 707.

If you want to impress your pax with a more modern western aircraft (for the time), then yes, the L1011 & DC-10 would be your next pick. I think the 767-200 comes out around the same time as the 757, so you could look forward to that too. Also the A300B4 has less range than the 707 & Tu-114, but it was the true game changer of the early 70's. That & the 747 of course!

Good luck, have fun.

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

My airline (ChongqingDirect, used to be a spamline and kinda still is but I'm working hard to change it) has a fleet of mostly around 200 seat, relatively long-range planes that are basically perfect for my routes. However, my Tu-114s and 707-320s are getting old and are really hurting my fleet age. I'm replacing the Tupolevs gradually with new leased 707s but I'm hesitant to order too many because they're a really old and inefficient plane. With 6 years until the 757 comes out, there truly is no replacement for my current fleet. I can't downsize, as no smaller planes have a 5000 mile range. Should I buy new widebodies like L1011s or DC10s and make less frequencies, or deal with the old planes and wait out the 752?

I'd go with the Lockheed L-1011 "Tristar" yes you do have to reduce the routes but in turn you can free up more slots so you can make more routes.

I think its a win-win situation for me.

pupperoni

pupperoni

AE Addict To-Be

• 14 posts

User's Awards

The Tu-114's carry around 20 more pax than the 707, can fly almost as far, almost as fast, & do it on half the fuel. They might be a bit ugly, but they're very efficient. Replacing them with 707's, even new ones, seems a bit backward to me. The DC-8-50 is also comparable to the above, although has a slightly lower pax capacity & similar fuel burn to the 707.

If you want to impress your pax with a more modern western aircraft (for the time), then yes, the L1011 & DC-10 would be your next pick. I think the 767-200 comes out around the same time as the 757, so you could look forward to that too. Also the A300B4 has less range than the 707 & Tu-114, but it was the true game changer of the early 70's. That & the 747 of course!

Good luck, have fun.

It's more the fact that the Tupolevs are getting old and they feel like such spam planes. Yes, their specs are good in this game, but they wouldn't have been a commercial success in real life.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: O2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users