Suggestions to Combat Arguments

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

Pasti, you don't get it! I would have never spammed you, not even once, if you never ticked me off in my early days of AE.

I still remember that day in May where I was still a newbie (or should I say noobie?) at the game, and got all excited on a 3 star IFS that was making me $26 a passenger. I was a newbie back then, and didn't understand that the IFS was very bad (now I know much better ones like one that makes $463 per passenger with 3 stars!), but I remember your comment that ruined my day:

"I like how you show us an IFS that doesn't make that much money like it's the cure to cancer, but we all have IFS with the same or more amount of stars and higher profits. "

WOW! Did you have to say that? You realize my account was still under 2 months old, and that I was a newbie?

And then, you were criticizing me for making Yee Air and calling Yee a dead meme. Let me explain. Me and my younger brother transliterated the sound the other dinosaur, Peek, made as "hop hop hop..." So I thought of a airline Yee Air with what I thought was a ingenious slogan: We hophophop to our destination... YEE! I was all excited, until you said:

"stop Yee Air, we don't want dead memes on AE"

and later,

"make sure ded memes stay in your dreams"

Your comments bugged me, and made my very upset. Which is why ever since May 8 I started to develop hate for your account, and started to slowly lose control. So it's your fault, Pasti.

You don't annoy me, I don't annoy you. I will be nice to you. Deal? Please PM me for more details and/or if you approve of this.

It's bad to have the day ruined :((

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

I'll be honest, there are moderators, and they very much do do their work. Delta rightly gave me a warning point over my spam posting, which I deserved. If I was mod, the 'leakpass' account that leaked the national password would have been banned for at least a month. If I was mod, many threads on here would be struck immediately. But then, I am very prone to letting power go to my head, so that's probably a good thing I am not a mod :P

Let's all get off our high back camels and get down on the sand and start talking normally. Nobody has the moral high ground here, and nobody needs it. Let's stop arguing on this petty topic. Marb needs to control his posts a bit, and in all honesty, what he posts. But he is how I was when I first got onto the forums (I was 13 at the time). He will get better. There is no point harassing him for his supposedly immature content. It's more immature to harass him for immature content than to post the immature content. So if you really want the high ground, don't harass him. Don't answer his spam or inappropriate posts. Marb will get the idea, and figure out what posts get the responses he wants to get. That's how I learnt. I just lost control yesterday as Marb and some others did. But everyone makes errors every now and then. Marb is in the early stages, and he is still learning. He wants to get better at the game at least as much as everybody else does. 

Just give him space. Help him. You should be neither Pi or the square root of -2. You need to get real and be rational. I hope this is enough, I've had enough of some of the cancer posting I've seen of late.

PingPong

PingPong

Dormant and Highly Sarcastic

• 1,206 posts

I'll be honest, there are moderators, and they very much do do their work. Delta rightly gave me a warning point over my spam posting, which I deserved. If I was mod, the 'leakpass' account that leaked the national password would have been banned for at least a month. If I was mod, many threads on here would be struck immediately. But then, I am very prone to letting power go to my head, so that's probably a good thing I am not a mod :P

Let's all get off our high back camels and get down on the sand and start talking normally. Nobody has the moral high ground here, and nobody needs it. Let's stop arguing on this petty topic. Marb needs to control his posts a bit, and in all honesty, what he posts. But he is how I was when I first got onto the forums (I was 13 at the time). He will get better. There is no point harassing him for his supposedly immature content. It's more immature to harass him for immature content than to post the immature content. So if you really want the high ground, don't harass him. Don't answer his spam or inappropriate posts. Marb will get the idea, and figure out what posts get the responses he wants to get. That's how I learnt. I just lost control yesterday as Marb and some others did. But everyone makes errors every now and then. Marb is in the early stages, and he is still learning. He wants to get better at the game at least as much as everybody else does. 

Just give him space. Help him. You should be neither Pi or the square root of -2. You need to get real and be rational. I hope this is enough, I've had enough of some of the cancer posting I've seen of late.

You do realise that Leakpass was almost certainly a fake account, don’t you? Just from the username I can tell that there is a minimum 99.9% chance that it will never be logged into again.
post-80164-0-63668800-1520707454.png
Member, Vice-President, and Website Developer of Universal Alliance

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

a better solution still would be to kick all the irrelevants who spam the forums

If You're Reading This It's Too Late

PingPong

PingPong

• 1,206 posts

a better solution still would be to kick all the irrelevants who spam the forums

I agree, you should be kicked

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

I agree, you should be kicked

Who are you

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

Who are you

A guy who helped spread the Maltese invasion, of course.

siggie3.png

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

It gets results. I assure you, Yuxi is still around.

I believe it depends, if you have been bugging him over petty issues too often or there's no solution to your problem, you may not see any response even if you have a pinned thread dedicated to you in the forum.

You do realise that Leakpass was almost certainly a fake account, don’t you?

It's pointless to ban such an account, but a foolish administrator can always convince himself he has done wonder.

However, you can analyze the log files to figure out who he is and report him to his school / ISP / upstream.

PingPong

PingPong

• 1,206 posts

I believe it depends, if you have been bugging him over petty issues too often or there's no solution to your problem, you may not see any response even if you have a pinned thread dedicated to you in the forum.

It's pointless to ban such an account, but a foolish administrator can always convince himself he has done wonder.
However, you can analyze the log files to figure out who he is and report him to his school / ISP / upstream.

I doubt a school would be able to work out who it was. An ISP probably wouldn’t care.

PingPong

PingPong

• 1,206 posts

Who are you

A commercial pilot

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

A commercial pilot

I know one commercial pilot on this site and he's a dwarf with a massive head

PingPong

PingPong

• 1,206 posts

I know one commercial pilot on this site and he's a dwarf with a massive head

I know one child on this site who keeps changing his username because he thinks it’s funny, and trolls people non-stop but very unintelligently. Grow up.

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

I know one child on this site who keeps changing his username because he thinks it’s funny, and trolls people non-stop but very unintelligently. Grow up.

thatsnoneofmy.jpg

LATAM

LATAM

The neutral member

• 570 posts

User's Awards

I find it amazing that a chain attempting to tacking "combat arguments" has just turned into name calling each other...

post-80164-0-57964300-1517860417.png

Mr Tree

Mr Tree

AE Addict

• 886 posts

But you really shouldn't be surprised

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users