- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

So, if you haven't heard, there's this really big controversy with Marb1 that everybody knows about.

If you don't know about it, get out of your rock (jk jk jk).

As a person who has been "harassed" by Marb himself via having my profile feed spammed and him creating an airline in an attempt to destroy my airline, I feel that since I've been through this, I should be involved in stopping it.

And so, I suggest these so we can hopefully have no more arguments and return to the way we were before.

-------------
* Have a easy and fast way to talk to moderators in case of any rule violations or arguments

* Enforce not on age, but on maturity in times of arguments

* Instate post limits for people who either spam or cause arguments

* Have more posts that could potentionally become argument hotspots locked (get 'em early)

* Limit freedoms for repeat offenders

* Ability to kick accounts which repeatedly break rules for a certain period of time

siggie3.png

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts

* Have a easy and fast way to talk to moderators in case of any rule violations or arguments

>Implying AE still has moderators.

UbxSbIt.png

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

tru

siggie3.png

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

So, if you haven't heard, there's this really big controversy with Marb1 that everybody knows about.

As a person who has been "harassed" by Marb himself via having my profile feed spammed and him creating an airline in an attempt to destroy my airline, I feel that since I've been through this, I should be involved in stopping it.

And so, I suggest these so we can hopefully have no more arguments and return to the way we were before.

-------------

* Have more posts that could potentionally become argument hotspots locked (get 'em early)

* Ability to kick accounts which repeatedly break rules for a certain period of time

Good idea. I agree. Thanks for bringing this up. I've had him spam my profile as well.

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

yes - that's the issue here

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Completely shutting down the forums should solve any problems associated with the forums

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Boeing Flight Simmer

Boeing Flight Simmer

Boeing Is Better

• 714 posts

Completely shutting down the forums should solve any problems associated with the forums

Fully agree.... WHo needs them.

Seve_Banner.png

Founder__CEO.png

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

siggie3.png

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

nooooooooooo

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Or we could do what Airliners.net used to do and make people pay to post in the forums

The Best Discord Server

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

$10,000 per post should shut people right up

The Best Discord Server

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Or we could do what Airliners.net used to do and make people pay to post in the forums

ya no thx. I'd just stop playing AE then

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

You know at $20,000 a post to use the forums at this rate we could pay Paradox to develop AE.

The Best Discord Server

H2O

H2O

Tired of repetition

• 291 posts

User's Awards

Fully agree.... WHo needs them.

me..jk

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

15    19    9    2   

Publicly naming & shaming players under the guise of preventing arguments is a pretty sure way to cause more. Look for the button called "report this player" if you have a problem with someone, & use it. It gets results. I assure you, Yuxi is still around.

The reaction to Marb1's poll seemed mostly to come from one or two vocal, over-reacting & possibly paranoid players, whom I personally have also had run-ins with. How do you determine which players should be blocked - the ones who ask seemingly innocent questions, or the ones who freak the hell out over them?

zelalemon

zelalemon

immature

• 116 posts

one thing that this fiasco has made very clear is that we need moderators and we need them now

CLT, BOS, JFK, LGA, EWR, ALB, BDL, SYR, HPN, EWN, RDU, PHL, ATL, CVG, MCO, DCA, IAD, BWI, MDW, HOU, DFW, PHX, DEN, BZN, FAT, SAN, LAX, BUR, SBA, SFO, SEA, ANC, KOA, MTJ, MBJ, SXM, CUN, PVR, YVR, SJO, JNB, LLW, LGW

A319, A320, A321, A333, A346, B734, B738, B752, B762, CRJ2, CRJ7, CRJ9, E145, E170, E190, DH8B

AWE, AAL, DAL, UAL, SAA, SWA

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

-------------

Pasti, you don't get it! I would have never spammed you, not even once, if you never ticked me off in my early days of AE.

I still remember that day in May where I was still a newbie (or should I say noobie?) at the game, and got all excited on a 3 star IFS that was making me $26 a passenger. I was a newbie back then, and didn't understand that the IFS was very bad (now I know much better ones like one that makes $463 per passenger with 3 stars!), but I remember your comment that ruined my day:

"I like how you show us an IFS that doesn't make that much money like it's the cure to cancer, but we all have IFS with the same or more amount of stars and higher profits. "

WOW! Did you have to say that? You realize my account was still under 2 months old, and that I was a newbie?

And then, you were criticizing me for making Yee Air and calling Yee a dead meme. Let me explain. Me and my younger brother transliterated the sound the other dinosaur, Peek, made as "hop hop hop..." So I thought of a airline Yee Air with what I thought was a ingenious slogan: We hophophop to our destination... YEE! I was all excited, until you said:

"stop Yee Air, we don't want dead memes on AE"

and later,

"make sure ded memes stay in your dreams"

Your comments bugged me, and made my very upset. Which is why ever since May 8 I started to develop hate for your account, and started to slowly lose control. So it's your fault, Pasti.

You don't annoy me, I don't annoy you. I will be nice to you. Deal? Please PM me for more details and/or if you approve of this.

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

Pasti, you don't get it! I would have never spammed you, not even once, if you never ticked me off in my early days of AE.

I still remember that day in May where I was still a newbie (or should I say noobie?) at the game, and got all excited on a 3 star IFS that was making me $26 a passenger. I was a newbie back then, and didn't understand that the IFS was very bad (now I know much better ones like one that makes $463 per passenger with 3 stars!), but I remember your comment that ruined my day:

"I like how you show us an IFS that doesn't make that much money like it's the cure to cancer, but we all have IFS with the same or more amount of stars and higher profits. "

WOW! Did you have to say that? You realize my account was still under 2 months old, and that I was a newbie?

And then, you were criticizing me for making Yee Air and calling Yee a dead meme. Let me explain. Me and my younger brother transliterated the sound the other dinosaur, Peek, made as "hop hop hop..." So I thought of a airline Yee Air with what I thought was a ingenious slogan: We hophophop to our destination... YEE! I was all excited, until you said:

"stop Yee Air, we don't want dead memes on AE"

and later,

"make sure ded memes stay in your dreams"
Your comments bugged me, and made my very upset. Which is why ever since May 8 I started to develop hate for your account, and started to slowly lose control. So it's your fault, Pasti.

You don't annoy me, I don't annoy you. I will be nice to you. Deal? Please PM me for more details and/or if you approve of this.

Those were all sarcastic jokes. If I had made them to ANYBODY ELSE, they would have simply shunned them off and accepted that they were a joke. Maybe a few laughs.

Yee is a dead meme; the original video was posted more than 5 years ago. When people feature it in Vine compilations, you know it's dead.

And lastly, I've made IFS configurations when I was a youngster that made $110/person, which I still use today. I didn't brag about it, made no fuss, just was happy with the results. I didn't post on the forums about how revolutionary it was, I just used it. Maybe I would suggest it to somebody occasionally, but that was as far as publicity went.

And as for that truce, I'm pretty sure we had it before. Remember the time I actually gave you advice and vice versa? The only reason I created this thread was to try to solve the problem that I believe you had a significant part in creating.

Not sure if that Go Down To Hell PM was meant as an insult, though.

siggie3.png

PingPong

PingPong

Dormant and Highly Sarcastic

• 1,206 posts

How about 5 to 25 dollars

Sterling please. XD
post-80164-0-63668800-1520707454.png
Member, Vice-President, and Website Developer of Universal Alliance

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

We do have mods now... Trust me. Two warning points plus a 28-day thing where I have to have my posts approved. IDK if this post will even go through!

It will, but we have to approve it first ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users