- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

number1air

number1air

• 38 posts

No, because I said mothball, NOT sell.

plze read comment

that would also cause problems as if the top players purchased all the frames and disposed of them it will make the used market go sky rocket in prices causing more unhappy players only to make more forum post abusing us of making it impossible to buy used frames

if buy all used frames and dispose = mothball :puzzled:

FuriousFalcon

FuriousFalcon

• Validating
  • 311 posts
* buying from used market + mothballing = sky high prices in the used market
* buying new + mothballing = nothing changes apart from the airline has spent the billions! :(
* buying new + keeping them on the floor = airline value rises but you loose on aircraft depriciation, so its probably the better option!
A Member of the PlatinumWings Alliance

A good landing is one you walk out of...
...an exelent landing is one where you can use the aircraft again ;)

C'mon you Reds...we can do it this year! Red Devil for ever!!!

number1air

number1air

• 38 posts

* buying new + mothballing = nothing changes apart from the airline has spent the billions! :)
* buying new + keeping them on the floor = airline value rises but you loose on aircraft depriciation, so its probably the better option!

crazy suggestions you made a player may as well quit playing if the game is called empire the objective is to make the empire you want players to buy new and leave them thats silly :( whatever comments made it will not solve this game like it is now:thumbdown:

MinnakhtKan

MinnakhtKan

Stormingly Whistly Member

• 187 posts
  • WLM ID:minnair90@hotmail.com
Stop whinning so much!!! Just live your life and play the game, not live both of them. Do you think I was not affected? I'm probably one of the most, cause I have MCO as hub also, and he has 744Ds floodin the routes which serve from there, but I dont complain at all. Dont let the game consume you, or you'll end up all like psycho freaks...
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

cristina

cristina

• 8 posts
Originally Posted by rubberlegs
the idea is fine and this would not happen if you had one way routes operational and distance more than what is in this game now so what happens to the billions of cash saved and the limit number of gates and the limit be it a bug on return flights, do you expect a player to sit idle and watch please tell us the answer?

A. Yes, as a matter of fact, I would.
B. Why don't you buy planes and mothball them. That's a good way to spend your billions of cash.

So Kevin at what value will you stop playing? 1 billion? 2 billion? 5 billion? Just wonder what your "idle" number is.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Shhhh. Don't worry. It'll be a long time before he gets there. :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

sawilson1971

sawilson1971

• 133 posts
Forget a330s doing shorthauls, I have just had to leave Madrid because my Embraer 170s cant compete against B747s

Although I am miffed I came into the game when it was already in year 2 so everyone was already operating Qs when I was flying Beeches.

Its competition when someone flies against you but when a few operators are flying a route with small props and narrow body jets competing against each other healtily; when the 747 comes along it just pee-pees everyone else off and spoils the enjoyment of what at the end of the the day is just a GAME!

If some people get off on lousing up the fun of many others then they must have the wedding tackle of a very cold weasil if you ask for my opinion.
Brokering in sim1

User ID 9729

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747

* buying new + mothballing = nothing changes apart from the airline has spent the billions! :(

Yeah, I was referring to buying new planes and mothballing them.
Kevin
ID: 1754

Posted Image

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts

Originally Posted by rubberlegs
the idea is fine and this would not happen if you had one way routes operational and distance more than what is in this game now so what happens to the billions of cash saved and the limit number of gates and the limit be it a bug on return flights, do you expect a player to sit idle and watch please tell us the answer?

So Kevin at what value will you stop playing? 1 billion? 2 billion? 5 billion? Just wonder what your "idle" number is.

Well, considering I would NEVER reach that amount to begin with, I don't even care.
Kevin

Posted Image

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

If some people get off on lousing up the fun of many others then they must have the wedding tackle of a very cold weasil if you ask for my opinion.

Especially these same airlines that say they are going to quit, and then continually foul up the game for others. They have nothing better to do then buy up all used aircraft, only to (supposedly) scrap all of them. Yet they continue to purchase A333's and other aircraft. Going from 250+ aircraft to 400+ aircraft is not very indicitive of one that is trying to quit. :thumbdown:
Posted ImagePosted Image

FuriousFalcon

FuriousFalcon

• Validating
  • 311 posts
I said I was going to quit and I started selling everything but then I figured out I can carry on playing but not taking as much notice so I did...but I dont do what laytex does (im sure psa is refering about laytex on the replay above this one hehe)...

rubberlegs

rubberlegs

• 64 posts

I said I was going to quit and I started selling everything but then I figured out I can carry on playing but not taking as much notice so I did...but I dont do what laytex does (im sure psa is refering about laytex on the replay above this one hehe)...

Laytex sure is receiving a lot of verbal Sh....t in this forum so please let's set the facts straight once and for all.

Quit was said but after many noble alliance members asked me to stay in the game it was decided to keep playing and try out different things (Is this a Crime) PSA was the main cause of it, his scatterbrain attitude and abusive messages also made this game a bitter feeling for me and if all you are acting like this it is a sad world of internet player we have in this game.

FuriousFalcon you say (but I dont do what laytex does)

Is it a sin to play the game? what low comment you and many other players make in this game, what is wrong with you all, is it that a FEMALE is whipping your Ass that your upset? or is it other things? or is it more the point that you have mis-managed your own airline and have no other option but abuse Laytex and others in the Top Teir that you get your self off from it.

If I did quit, you lot are so low in abuse that you will only find another player to pick on, last round it was travelhouse the one before that it was another player and so on, ( Grow-Up the Lot of you) !

Laytex will NOT repeat NOT quit and will find places that are low in market share to try and keep away from you all, if you do not like it, fine, that your choice but go pick on another player and leave this one alone to play the game.

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
Laytex, no offense, but to put A330s on short routes like the ones I had left because of you is in NO way efficient nor does it make any money (not that I know that, but I'm sure you aren't).

My problem isn't that you're doing much better than I am, I will admit I'm not the best player. My problem is that out of nowhere, you pounce on my best SHORT routes and make my DOP drop 1.1 million within seconds. I'm not sure how you're making money, but I sure as hell couldn't make any more profit after you did that.
Kevin

Posted Image

jackwoolley

jackwoolley

• 5 posts

Laytex, no offense, but to put A330s on short routes like the ones I had left because of you is in NO way efficient nor does it make any money (not that I know that, but I'm sure you aren't).

My problem isn't that you're doing much better than I am, I will admit I'm not the best player. My problem is that out of nowhere, you pounce on my best SHORT routes and make my DOP drop 1.1 million within seconds. I'm not sure how you're making money, but I sure as hell couldn't make any more profit after you did that.

Kevin,

What exactly do you want people to do when they get to be supersized? I know it sucks having someone come on your route and send it all to hell in a hand basket but its not just caused by A333's or any other large aircraft. The biggest problem is the LF bug and the one-way issue, if these were working correctly then you would not have this situation.
Some days I sit here listening to Diane ( AWA ) cussing away because she has just finished adjusting her routes when someone comes on and sets a fare that makes her red, literally, so of she goes and sets again. Lots of fun, not!! I left the game because of these issues maybe you should do the same.

Jack

rubberlegs

rubberlegs

• 64 posts

Thats where good play and silly play ends, will not give away the departure or destination but the milage is there and if you still doubt it PM me and you may log into my account and see for yourself

747-400D 806.49 1 $200.00 73.5331% $90,522.00
A330-300 867.44 1 $300.00 80.0508% $156,790.00
A330-200 479.33 1 $200.00 79.4887% $91,955.00
A330-200 806.52 1 $200.00 85.687% $172,459.00
A330-200 650.75 1 $140.00 76.6789% $96,363.00
A330-300 636.17 1 $100.00 86.6164% $76,799.00
A380 417.92 1 $250.00 92.9135% $180,263.00
A380 446.74 1 $250.00 90.2168% $171,731.00
A380 552.30 1 $300.00 96.7997% $262,148.00

The A380 is aircraft number 19093 and if management want to confirm it will show all last 3 routes on this aircraft.

19093 A380 4 Rolls-Royce Trent 970 online 4 0 $335,600,000 $614,142

:airplane

All with other players on them, there is countless aircraft giving better returns than this but this is just to prove that it is not what you say a LOSS.

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
What the mess?!!
Kevin

Posted Image

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts

Kevin,

What exactly do you want people to do when they get to be supersized?

Jack, are you implying that I have the right to have my airline get smashed because she couldn't put planes on other routes?!!
Kevin

Posted Image

jackwoolley

jackwoolley

• 5 posts

Jack, are you implying that I have the right to have my airline get smashed because she couldn't put planes on other routes?!!

Kevin,

What exactly do you want people to do when they get to be supersized? I know it sucks having someone come on your route and send it all to hell in a hand basket but its not just caused by A333's or any other large aircraft. The biggest problem is the LF bug and the one-way issue, if these were working correctly then you would not have this situation.
Some days I sit here listening to Diane ( AWA ) cussing away because she has just finished adjusting her routes when someone comes on and sets a fare that makes her red, literally, so of she goes and sets again. Lots of fun, not!! I left the game because of these issues maybe you should do the same.

Jack

Kevin, you need to read the statement and think about it before you respond. My question was "What exactly do you want people to do when they get to be supersized?" In other words, what should they do? Stop? Quit? Buy 5000 Beeches? Donate their money? In order to keep playing they need to expand and no matter where they expand they are going to affect someone, would it be better if it was not you? Have you ever put a plane on a route that has other carriers without affecting them? Does it matter if you cause another airline a problem with a Beech or an A333? No, it's still a problem for the other carrier. Just tell me what you would do and if you are going to expand anymore?

Jack.

FuriousFalcon

FuriousFalcon

• Validating
  • 311 posts
Alrite guys/girls...lets quit it, its only a game...sorry laytex for what I said if I did say something wrong...your up there at the top of the ranks because you played your cards well..!

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Come on guys, we really need to start picking on people?

All honesty, Laytex has played well enough to deserve our respect and admiration for growing the airline as she did and with all the bugs and problems which came apparent during this current game. I too got hit on routes with A330-300s, B747-400Ds, etc but i have hardly complained on the forums. I may not appreciate it, but its a game and in a game, these things happen.

I reckon its more a psychological problem.. if u cant succeed, blame the person at the top for ur failure to succeed... Then again, some of us, know how to get beyond urself and realise, a game is just a game. Nothing more and less. :(

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users